9 months for raping his sister

heycarmelina

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Post by heycarmelina »

It hurts my brain trying to comprehend the judge that decided 9 months was okay. It shouldn't matter that it was his first offense. There needs to be harsher sentencing for rapists. My uncle raped his 10 year old step daughter in 1996 and he got less than a year and didn't lose his job. His wife and biological kids left and never spoke to him again. He still had a good life up until he died from cancer. His parents and siblings acted like it never happened. It's not fair. My step cousin became addicted to meth and died from an overdose when she was 19. All because of what he did.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

That sentence was requested in a joint submission by both Crown and defense lawyers. Prior to sentencing there would have been a pre-sentence report prepared. There is information in that not released to the public that influences sentencing. We also don't know the victim's wishes and what steps toward reconciliation the accused has taken in the past two years. We might not think 9 months is long enough, but what length of incarceration would be? A young woman has experienced trauma that will never completely go away.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct, and that is exactly why 9 months is not long enough
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

What is long enough?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Piecemaker wrote:That sentence was requested in a joint submission by both Crown and defense lawyers. Prior to sentencing there would have been a pre-sentence report prepared. There is information in that not released to the public that influences sentencing. We also don't know the victim's wishes and what steps toward reconciliation the accused has taken in the past two years. We might not think 9 months is long enough, but what length of incarceration would be? A young woman has experienced trauma that will never completely go away.

So he free after 9 months, meanwhile she may never be free. In this case the criminal gets off with a very light slap on the wrists.

Someone that is willing to rape his own sister has absolutely no guilty conscience, so thinking that this would/could be his life long sentence is really stupid (well anyone who thinks this way).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Piecemaker wrote:What is long enough?

chemical castration
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

there is no fixing someone who is mentally screwed up in the head enough to rape their own sister.they are beyond rehabilitation .they either need to be removed from society or rendered impotent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Piecemaker wrote:What is long enough?

Well his sister will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

He get 9 months...that's just not fair.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mpadt

Post by mpadt »

I AGREE WITH 'Voice of Reason'.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I'm actually surprised that he got 9 months! It doesn't matter how long the sentence is, his actions have changed his sister's and probably his entire family's lives forever. Locking him up forever isn't going to change that and will probably make the sister feel worse.
The sister's views would have been part of the sentencing report. In this case both sides asked for the same sentence.

Unfortunately, sibling or step-sibling or cousin sexual activities/assaults are far more common than many might think. Parents need to teach their children about sexual urges and feelings and set clear boundaries. Parents need to discuss personal safety with their children and walk them through "what if" scenarios. Many young people never have anyone discuss their physical development and sex drive with them. It is devastating to all when an assault happens. And it happens in all types of families.

Again, while we might not agree with the sentence, we weren't party to all the information the court was.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

He should have recieved 9 years, and probation for as many years as it takes his sister to fully recover, if ever.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Cant believe there are people defending this guy and this judgement .

This is an absolute disgrace to our legal system .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Cant believe there are people defending this guy and this judgement .

I didn't read one post that defended the action.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:Cant believe there are people defending this guy and this judgement .

I can't believe that some people without expertise or extraordinary understanding think that they know better than trained experts. I wonder what other areas of expertise they think they know better than the experts. What a disgrace to our education system.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:

I can't believe that some people without expertise or extraordinary understanding think that they know better than trained experts. I wonder what other areas of expertise they think they know better than the experts. What a disgrace to our education system.

Are we defending the ruling some more. Do u happen to be the judge by chance.

Or maybe you would be an expert witness.

I know someone who had to by employment be in that court room. People were sickened by the judgement . Most everyone but u is disgusted . Care to explain yourself as to why you feel the need to defend this.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”