Canadians support gun ban in cities

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Canadians support gun ban in cities

Post by maryjane48 »

KenL

Re: Canadians support gun ban in cities

Post by KenL »

Gun bans are such a wonderful idea, kind of like banning loud noises, or movies you don't like, or night. Instead of guns, how about we just ban crime in urban areas altogether? We can join as a group, message the bad guys (and girls) and tell them...Hey, just stay away or be nice. Yeah...that'll work.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

What exactly would an urban 'gun ban' look like? You can't carry a gun in an urban area now really, so does that mean if you live in the city you can't own guns or keep them at your house? As for criminals, how would that work? Bank robber - "this is a stick up, fill the bag with cash!!" Teller - "sorry sir, but guns are banned in the city". I need more info on this, the article is vague, imho.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Canada already has a gun ban in the cities.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ya great idea.

Disarm all the rich city folk.

:biggrin:
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Just another stupid un enforceable knee-jerk idea. Much like the having to allow pets in a rental unit....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Why do some people think that making laws will help this situation. Criminals don't care if it's against the law, their criminals for gods sake.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Law abiding citizens lose their guns to criminals who use them to break the law then laws are made to make sure the law abiding citizen don't own the guns so criminals obtain the guns from other criminals who steal them from law abiding citizens in other countries. Scratching my head.
Last edited by Fancy on Dec 3rd, 2017, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Johnnycheese

Post by Johnnycheese »

10 million and some say up to 15 million firearms in Canada, that represents a huge percentage of the population who are
responsible gun owners, I wonder how many gun owners participated in this pole? Responsible gun owners don't represent a threat to anyone except maybe an uneducated mind! and the Canadian press is nothing more than a propaganda outlet for the liberals and I wouldn't believe a word they print. Get tough on crime, not responsible Canadians!
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

If someone wants a gun for illegal purposes it is a fairly easy thing to get. Banning guns in urban areas will just make criminals happy that they are less likely to have a home owner defend themselves if broken into.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm not sure why there's a difference between rural and urban. West Kelowna is a city.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Why do we need to change our gun laws? I feel we have a great balance of regulation and freedom as it is.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm thinking to keep the hand guns out of the more responsible ones - yea I don't get it either.
playhard2010

Post by playhard2010 »

*bleep* guys and gals. This was a stupid poll done for a media outlet!!!!!!!!!!!! The govt is NOT taking guns away hahaha. Get a grip y'all
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

This makes me so happy. This will be the nail in the coffin for the crazy left wingers. Justin will not be re-elected if he makes this an election promise..... I was waiting for this to come. Bring it on. I will be stocking up on ammo. There will be alot of people buying guns and ammo now. Obama tried this same crap and the gun sales when nuts. It was hard to buy guns in Canada as the Americans were buying them before they even made it to Canada. Stupid Liberals

Return to “Canada”