And she just walked away ,,,

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: And she just walked away ,,,

Post by Fancy »

I haven't received a pm and hopefully the OP isn't doing so. At any rate, there's no witch hunt - would serve no purpose.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

My sense is that the OP was raising awareness and adding to the topic of sexual harassment in the workplace as it had been front and center in the entertainment world and politics lately. There is no "witch hunt" or grabbing of pitch forks and the OP has said nothing that would identify the employer. Posters have been contributing with their thoughts and opinions.
By the way, if the OP was posting just to cause a stink...he certainly wouldn't be the first one to do that!
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

My sympathies to the OP's wife for having to escape her employment situation under these circumstances. Congratulations to the OP for being supportive of his wife. If the wife feels any sense of trauma surrounding the abuse she should seek some professional help, it may save her having to deal with emotional problems in the future. I totally understand not wanting to disturb the *bleep* pile that is her previous work place, and good on her for being willing to come forward if others at that work place want to stand together.

Sexual abuse and harassment is in the news lately because women and men in the public eye have been making a stand, and it is a lot harder for the abusers in those situations to hide. It has been an eye opener for a lot of men, maybe not so much for women in the workforce as it happens all too frequently. I cheer for the women making a stand and who are speaking their truth. I acknowledge, though don't give a pass, to the men who admit their guilt. I support any woman who has suffered abuse and harassment in what ever decision she makes. I will not re traumatize by insisting she put herself in a situation where that can happen. There needs to be a culture change and this is maybe the beginning of that. Talking about situations, like the OP's wife's situation, in generic terms is what needs to happen. Men need to really hear how degraded and traumatized women feel, women need to hear how the men who support them feel and think. Someone said once this is not sexual it is about control and power, I don't know. I sometimes think men have a really screwed up sense of what is right and wrong when it comes to sexuality, definitely a sense of entitlement. If it is about power, people have to understand that women are not just fighting a sexual predator but also a person with power over her, her family, her well being. Standing together and showing solidarity with these women will help to heal some very old wounds and maybe get our culture on the right track.

Just my opinion.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Piecemaker wrote:By the way, if the OP was posting just to cause a stink...he certainly wouldn't be the first one to do that!

Agreed, which is why i posted.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Social Concerns”