Veronites can't go to their Cenotaph ?

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Veronites can't go to their Cenotaph ?

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:So you've never made a tongue in cheek comment to get your point across? Didn't think so.

Irrelevant and untrue. You don't speak for all the remarks made against the service held at the Kal Tire Place which is in poor taste.
WalterWhite wrote:There's an official memorial cenotaph for a reason, and it should be honored on the one significant day of the year set aside to do so.
Yes there is a cenotaph for a reason and if the few people there would like it honoured more than it was they are free to organize what they wish. The majority felt otherwise and the minority knows that.

Actually, regarding the other comments - it would be appreciated if you quoted them properly to their appropriate sources in that particular post you lumped them altogether, as they currently look to be all attributed to me - which is not the case.

As far as organizing a formal service, the veterans I'm sure will look after that themselves in the future - lord knows they've done everything else for themselves - and many others.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:Actually, regarding the other comments - it would be appreciated if you quoted them properly to their appropriate sources in that particular post you lumped them altogether, as they currently look to be all attributed to me - which is not the case.

You are incorrect again - I did not lump them together but I did add Treeguy's name to make it clearer to you.
WalterWhite wrote:As far as organizing a formal service, the veterans I'm sure will look after that themselves in the future - lord knows they've done everything else for themselves - and many others.

They've had many years to do so now.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

The Legion put on the event at Kal Tire place.

The "official" place to hold the ceremony is wherever the heck the legion wants it. The Legion is Remembrance day.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I could understand this uproar if people just didn't attend a Remembrance Day ceremony, but many people did, and the only criticism some of you had is that they didn't do it your way. That's self entitled and childish.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As I've said in my earlier post I prefer going to the Cenotaph. I go to honour the sacrifice the Soldiers made over the years & continue to make. I don't need the pomp & ceremony to do that.
Added I can be silent on the 11th day of 11th month at 11th hour for more then moment, without all the distractions.
Just maybe those who have issues with large crowds can then come.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

Where is Veron and where do Veronites come from?. Is this Our Vernon and our Vernonites?. I did Google Veron and Veronite and it is confusing Me.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

daveandanne wrote:Where is Veron and where do Veronites come from?. Is this Our Vernon and our Vernonites?. I did Google Veron and Veronite and it is confusing Me.

Why google when the OP was specific where this happened.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

daveandanne wrote:Where is Veron and where do Veronites come from?. Is this Our Vernon and our Vernonites?. I did Google Veron and Veronite and it is confusing Me.

Just google "Vernon, hub of the Universe".

Should pop up.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “North Okanagan”