1.1 million for 6 new police

vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: 1.1 million for 6 new police

Post by vegas1500 »

Just read 1.1 million dollars for six new police. That works out to over 180,000 per officer. Does anybody else have trouble with that math.[/quote]

Not really. That includes everything...wage, benefits, pension, office space, vehicles, uniforms... the list goes on and on. Just be happy they are adding some enforcement.[/quote]

why they not overworked as it stands I see cops everyday FTD so don't give me the bull crap about all the stress and long hours its all Bullcrap[/quote]

Bitter?......you quoted me but I don't recall giving you "any bull crap" about stress and long hours........... and FYI, it is a tough, thankless job.
Last edited by vegas1500 on Dec 2nd, 2017, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

So $1.1 million huh? That is just the tip of the iceberg when you consider how much more will be consumed in the justice system. Here is an idea ....... take the $$1.1 million and use it to curb the growing issue of homeless, then the six new boots on the ground would not even be required.

Homelessness is not the problem ...... but merely a barometer of the problem.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

fz6adventure wrote:So $1.1 million huh? That is just the tip of the iceberg when you consider how much more will be consumed in the justice system. Here is an idea ....... take the $$1.1 million and use it to curb the growing issue of homeless, then the six new boots on the ground would not even be required.

What makes you think it's just the homeless that's the problem? There's far more to police work than that and the police are needed as the community grows.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Fancy wrote: What makes you think it's just the homeless that's the problem? There's far more to police work than that and the police are needed as the community grows.

Just ask the RCMP how many resources are required to deal with issues/complaints around the homeless situation.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

They make $86,000 in 3 years of service but I think they just got a big raise so it might be more like $90,000. The get a full pension at 25 years of service so that adds a lot to salary. You could start at 20 and retire at 45.
I think they deserve what they get. It would be a brutal job. I think retirement at 25 years is a little much but I wouldn't do it for $150,000. They make less than fireperson which I think is ridiculous.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

jasond_71 wrote:They make $86,000 in 3 years of service but I think they just got a big raise so it might be more like $90,000. The get a full pension at 25 years of service so that adds a lot to salary. You could start at 20 and retire at 45.
I think they deserve what they get. It would be a brutal job. I think retirement at 25 years is a little much but I wouldn't do it for $150,000. They make less than fireperson which I think is ridiculous.

that's a base start rate most 10 years veterans make in the 105$++ range agree full pension at 25 years is ridiculous especially because it 95% of their wage ;
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

fz6adventure wrote:So $1.1 million huh? That is just the tip of the iceberg when you consider how much more will be consumed in the justice system. Here is an idea ....... take the $$1.1 million and use it to curb the growing issue of homeless, then the six new boots on the ground would not even be required.

I bet the whole homeless/druggie/ problem in Vernon is 90% of their work load police deal with here in Vernon
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

More like chasing pot smokers around [icon_lol2.gif] biggest joke since we gave cops guns
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:More like chasing pot smokers around [icon_lol2.gif] biggest joke since we gave cops guns

So you’re suggesting cops shouldn’t be armed?
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:More like chasing pot smokers around [icon_lol2.gif] biggest joke since we gave cops guns

Nah - that would be your post. How can people not know what police do for a living? Never read or listen to the news?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
slimebucket

Post by slimebucket »

cops in vernon ahh...

got home from work, saw someone going in and out of my window taking stuff. Cops refused to show up and help.

Got ripped off at work, by someone with 20 cell phones and hundreds of credit cards. Cops refused to look into it (next day she robbed a store and got $68 and it got in the news COPS asking for help!)

got mugged no help, got attacked at the bar, no help.

I DROP A WATER BOTTLE on Dec 24 last year, cracking it, making water go everywhere thus making my girlfriend yell at me. COPS THERE IN UNDER 5 MINUTES TREATING THEY HAVE TO GO TO CHILD SERVICES AND TELL THEM A COP WAS FORCED TO COME DEAL WITH ME.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol more cops to end up on harrasment charges and more money paid out in lawsuits . Great :130:

:topic: you hate cops we get it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i would love to see 50 more new rcmp officers in kelowna, god knows we need it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “North Okanagan”