Shoppers has weed deal.

Post by maryjane48 »

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/05/s ... a-homepage

Haha. Its coming folks better buy a bong :130:
whitecandle
Board Meister

Re: Shoppers has weed deal.

Post by whitecandle »

Shoppers may have entered into a 5-year agreement to distribute but it's still subject to federal approval. Since the Ontario Provincial Government has received a federal license as the only distributor through the LCBO stores, you can bet they will have some input into whether Loblaw receives approval.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

maryjane48 wrote:http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/05/shoppers-drug-mart-aphria-deal-secures-medical-cannabis-supply_a_23297435/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage

Haha. Its coming folks better buy a bong :130:

Some of us like to have a DRUG FREE life. But you go ahead and continue to cloud your mind. :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I will :130:

You dont drink beer or wine or take cold medicine or valuim ? :130:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Don't drink (Anymore), don't smoke (never did) never used marijuna and seldom even take drugs. I stopped taking pain killers the day after I had my hip replaced. Drugs are not near what they are made out to be.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

This isn't new though. Shoppers has been planning this for a long time, as are many other businesses I am sure.

I'm better there are store fronts vacant but leased by larger players already that will open "small shops" under the big corporate umbrella. The difference is they are waiting until it is legal and then opening, the people jumping the gun will lose their chance to join the fun and it will be mostly corporate run with little small business.

Good on Shoppes, it's a practical smart business move.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

If you enjoy being drugged up, you will love the cancer-chemo combo. You can taste it days afterwards.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The amount of people that feel the need to chime with some version of "Drugs are bad" in every thread related to legalization news is kind of funny.

What it sounds like your saying is that none of this really effects you in any way but you still want to be part of the conversation.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Nope. Got it all wrong.

Drugs should be free and everywhere. Available on demand, no restrictions.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

...yeah that concept sure would work (free drugs)

Have you not noticed the MASSIVE Opiod crisis of late? Imagine if they were free? Get your head out of your .........

Most irresponsible post of the week for sure.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

People are going to use drugs either way.
Allowing criminal control of drug trade from production to “quality control” lol to resale that has allowed this opioid situation to get as bad as it is with febtanyl cut junk killing people.
We could continue to just say no and protect these global crime networks.
Criminals thank you for protecting their business model by the way!

Or we could follow Portugal’s lead & decriminalize, realize people are going to use drugs, accept that and make sure they are clean drugs and treatment ect available on demand.

Drug use and crimes have gone down greatly in last 15yrs in Portugal..

But not in my back yard! Let’s watch addicts od, our first line responders limits pushed to the max and gangsters profits pushed to the max! Much better right? That way we can at least know we are saying “drugs are bad” and that’s what really matters lol

:popcorn:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^ The points made are exactly right. Look around at the threads....what you see is overwhelming interest in drug use, opioid deaths, regulations of, purity of, source of, taxation of, legal issues of, injection sites, needle exchange, playground safety issues, and on and on.

It seems that people who are really interested in experimenting should be supplied, free of charge for the first use, the drug they want to try (which is inspected and supplied by the government) after being given instructions of hazards, sign a release form, whatever. We obviously are unsuccessful at trying to prevent drug use so let's go with the flow.

Sounds unwieldly and expensive, and so is everything else surrounding this issue. Possibly my thoughts, if implemented, would prevent deaths from drugs laced with elephant tranquilizer.

The government smells loads of money to be had by getting into drug sales. Legalization is the thin edge of the wedge and I am willing to bet that in a few years down the road they will be selling cocaine. Cut out the gangsters altogether.

There was a time in Canada when it was illegal to have an Irish sweepstake ticket until the govt realized how much money was leaving Canada to purchase lottery tickets abroad. That is, until they got into the business themselves.

Government does not mind getting its hands dirty.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”