Pot shops operating without business licenses...

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Post by alanjh595 »

it's NOT the businesses that cause the harm, it's the clientele that visit those businesses that cause the harm. There is a strong case to be made as to why and where the "government" liquor stores are located where they are. In a wide open, space that is heavily monitored by high quality CCD cameras in locations that are as innocuous and away from the higher crime areas, with very restrictive hours of operation.
They also have the cheapest prices for liquor. There is also a bylaw that prohibits panhandlers from begging within so many feet of these stores that are strictly enforced.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

capleton wrote:Prohibitive regulations should only apply to dangerous products/businesses. Dispensaries do no harm. Bars/liquor stores cause far more harm.

Yet the bars/liquor stores are licensed by the government. All dispensaries should be shut down. If the marijuana is used for medicinal purposes then distribution should come from pharmacists and/or doctors where there is at least Some formal education.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

lol what do you think your pharmacist knows about pot? absolutely nothing.in fact he is probably brainwashed by big pharma against it
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

voice of reason wrote:lol what do you think your pharmacist knows about pot? absolutely nothing.in fact he is probably brainwashed by big pharma against it

And what does buddy with a beard and a man bun know? Has he studied the symptoms of illnesses? Sometimes I trust my pharmacist more than my doctor. I'd never buy my medications on a street corner, and as far as I'm concerned that's all these "dispensaries" are, street corner sales. If they want to sell marijuana recreationally then have at it, but quit calling it medicinal.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Anonymous123 wrote:
capleton wrote:Prohibitive regulations should only apply to dangerous products/businesses. Dispensaries do no harm. Bars/liquor stores cause far more harm.

Yet the bars/liquor stores are licensed by the government. All dispensaries should be shut down. If the marijuana is used for medicinal purposes then distribution should come from pharmacists and/or doctors where there is at least Some formal education.

No they shouldn't be closed down because they help people and studies have shown that dispensaries lessen the effects of the opiate crisis https://www.cannareps.ca/dispensary-can ... yl-crisis/ that is plaguing our society now. It is funny how you do the whole Anonymous thing when your own group has said that cannabis is a gift from god https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_gnJo1xRA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaxOPEU3ecQ.
I have seen many people getting in violent situations in and in front of bars I have never seen any cannabis users in dispensaries or anywhere else get in any violent interactions whatsoever. Here's another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kptMurSq3-E
Last edited by capleton on Dec 5th, 2017, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

voice of reason wrote:lol what do you think your pharmacist knows about pot? absolutely nothing.in fact he is probably brainwashed by big pharma against it

The pharmacists know nothing, for the last 93 years of prohibition the pharmacies and government have lied about marijuana while they prescribe opiates and Oxycontin which actually kills and does harm to society, seems like a bunch of hypocracy to me.
Last edited by capleton on Dec 5th, 2017, 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

first of all there is a big difference between a compassion club and a dispensary. the people who have been working in compassion clubs for the last 15 years are there for the patients.they know what you need for your symptoms and what is going to fit in with the actual persons lifestyle. no one is going to expect an elderly lady with cancer who has been a good person her whole life to start smoking OG kush blunts.they will find a pill form or tincture that allows them to medicate without going thru the whole roll a jint get high hippy stoner method.a lot of people who later in life are turning to medical marijuana have zero experience with drugs.the people at bekind compassion club in particular care about people.they have/used to have a food bank for their users.they know a lot of people are on a fixed income and need help.
a dispensary is a store that sells weed.they are there to make money so you can get high
once marijuana is legalized for recreation i do not see why a pharmacist would need to be involved. recreational pot is to get high on
medicinal pot is for sick people
people who actually have been working in a compassion club situation are the ones with actual experience dealing with sick people and marijuana.to suggest that a liquor store employee or pharmacist should be the ones in charge has no merrit
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

voice of reason wrote:first of all there is a big difference between a compassion club and a dispensary. the people who have been working in compassion clubs for the last 15 years are there for the patients.they know what you need for your symptoms and what is going to fit in with the actual persons lifestyle. no one is going to expect an elderly lady with cancer who has been a good person her whole life to start smoking OG kush blunts.they will find a pill form or tincture that allows them to medicate without going thru the whole roll a jint get high hippy stoner method.a lot of people who later in life are turning to medical marijuana have zero experience with drugs.the people at bekind compassion club in particular care about people.they have/used to have a food bank for their users.they know a lot of people are on a fixed income and need help.
a dispensary is a store that sells weed.they are there to make money so you can get high
once marijuana is legalized for recreation i do not see why a pharmacist would need to be involved. recreational pot is to get high on
medicinal pot is for sick people
people who actually have been working in a compassion club situation are the ones with actual experience dealing with sick people and marijuana.to suggest that a liquor store employee or pharmacist should be the ones in charge has no merrit

Wholesale distribution will be handled by the BC government so I guess that anyone that wants to sell marijuana will have to apply to the government for a license to sell just as the cold beer and wine stores do. Sell medical marijuana through pharmacies and you just might be able to get Blue Cross, or whatever plan you are on, to help pay for it.
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 6th, 2017, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I can not think of a single reason it should be legal. We are going down the wrong path. These drug dealers should be put in jail
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

name one other medicine other than weed that you roll up and smoke. answer none.
noremac

Post by noremac »

Ummm, cigarettes!?

Nicotine is "A poisonous volatile alkaloid derived from tobacco (Nicotiana spp.) and responsible for many of the effects of tobacco; it first stimulates (small doses), then depresses (large doses) at autonomic ganglia and myoneural junctions. Its principal urinary metabolite is cotinine.

Nicotine is an important tool in physiologic and pharmacologic investigation, is used as an insecticide and fumigant, and forms salts with most acids
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Jflem1983 wrote:I can not think of a single reason it should be legal. We are going down the wrong path. These drug dealers should be put in jail

Because prohibition does not work and marijuana was made illegal in the first place for pretty much no reason whatsoever. Yeah drug dealers like the big pharmaceutical executives should be jailed for creating the opiate crisis. I realize it's only old people, police, alcoholics or pill poppers or generally uninformed who continue to try to stigmatize the worlds greatest plant, so which one are you
Last edited by capleton on Dec 6th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Jflem1983 wrote:I can not think of a single reason it should be legal. We are going down the wrong path. These drug dealers should be put in jail

Ummm hasnt that already been tried. Cant think of a single reason why it should be legal? Maube think a little harder. How about its ridiculous to make someone a criminal for a plant that makes them happy. Wrong path how what is the correct path?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gixxer wrote:

Ummm hasnt that already been tried. Cant think of a single reason why it should be legal? Maube think a little harder. How about its ridiculous to make someone a criminal for a plant that makes them happy. Wrong path how what is the correct path?

Just keep it illegal. Whats the problem with that
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”