Bathrooms to be inclusive

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Re: Bathrooms to be inclusive

Post by Because_They_Lie »

JayByrd wrote:
techrtr wrote:I don't really care as long as women don't mind going into a bathroom where the floor and toilet seat is covered in urine. Mind you, I have heard that women's bathrooms tend be more filthy than men's (kind of doubt that though). What I find asinine is the statement that everyone has the right to "define their gender." I guess in the modern world genetics don't exist anymore.

My genes determine that my hair is brown. But I can colour it green pink if I want. You might not understand why I'd do that, and you might think it's ridiculous. You might even hate, for some reason, that I'd do that. But it's none of your business.

The first name on by birth certificate is a relatively common men's name in english-speaking countries. But I can go by Eduardo or Susan if I want. You might think it's ridiculous, but in the end it's none of your business.

Ditto for my anatomy. I'm anatomically male. But I can live as a woman if I want to. I can even get surgery to turn myself into a woman if I really want to go there. You might think it's ridiculous, but it's none of your business.

None of the above impacts YOUR ability to live as YOU choose, which makes it none of YOUR business.

Ummmmmm......The issue is being FORCED to be our business. Not sure how you fail to see this fact.

As well, no matter how you spin it, whether you surgically change your appearance or whether you simply change the clothing you don...you will NEVER be a woman.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

JayByrd wrote:
techrtr wrote:I don't really care as long as women don't mind going into a bathroom where the floor and toilet seat is covered in urine. Mind you, I have heard that women's bathrooms tend be more filthy than men's (kind of doubt that though). What I find asinine is the statement that everyone has the right to "define their gender." I guess in the modern world genetics don't exist anymore.

My genes determine that my hair is brown. But I can colour it green pink if I want. You might not understand why I'd do that, and you might think it's ridiculous. You might even hate, for some reason, that I'd do that. But it's none of your business.

The first name on by birth certificate is a relatively common men's name in english-speaking countries. But I can go by Eduardo or Susan if I want. You might think it's ridiculous, but in the end it's none of your business.

Ditto for my anatomy. I'm anatomically male. But I can live as a woman if I want to. I can even get surgery to turn myself into a woman if I really want to go there. You might think it's ridiculous, but it's none of your business.

None of the above impacts YOUR ability to live as YOU choose, which makes it none of YOUR business.

Genes don't lie. You can dye your hair, cut some things off and add some, take a bunch of hormones, but you're still what your genes say you are. It's just dressing up.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ken7 wrote:I like the comment, when on a air plane which washroom do you use? Really does it matter if it has men's or woman's on the door?

IF a woman wishes to use it, open the door. IF there is a male waiting inside, don't enter. Not certain what the issue is on this one. Sorry...

I believe the article said that this would apply too single occupancy stalls.

I have used whichever room is vacant when it was necessary many times. I always opt for the boys room first but the womens is equipped just the same (sans wall peeing) so why the heck not? My wife is a woman, as are my daughters and we have passed each other in the halls for years on our way to or from the same bathroom.

Not sure why it's such a big deal really.

And slobs know no gender. The womens rooms are equally as disgusting as the mens and more so in some cases.

I personally think the whole gender differentiation thing started with women because they didn't want men to know that they fart and poop too.
Last edited by mexi cali on Dec 6th, 2017, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jasonjb

Post by jasonjb »

Good. I dont get the point of single room public bathrooms being gender specific.
Jmfva
Übergod

Post by Jmfva »

MAPearce wrote:
Hmmm wrote:Everyone has a right to define their own gender? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

But I could care less if there’s a man/woman image on the door or a dog for that matter. I feel sorry for woman though who have to use the same pee soaked floor as the men. Or pool of pee soaked floor. Not really sure how to describe the disgust that’s found in all men’s rooms.

I really hate to pop your happy bubble but you've obviously never been a janitor have you ?

Women's washrooms are far more disgusting.

So True!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I love that the alt-righters are getting so fired up over this. If they just see the word "trans" in an article they're instantly against whatever is being suggested, even if what's being suggested is actually for the benefit of everyone... themselves included.

This just makes sense to do, regardless of sexuality.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I’m just waiting for the day when someone with multiple personalities claims “gender identity” - one day they’ll “identify” themselves as a boy, the next will be a girl.

It’s coming, only a matter of time. We’ve already spiralled downwards enough that grown men are “identifying” themselves as 6 year old girls, people as animals or inanimate objects. Sad.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

If some woman wants to occupy the stall next to me so be it!!!!
HelenGE

Post by HelenGE »

Ohhhh. Yuck!!! It would be okay of men would kindly concentrate and focus on where they are peeing or else clean up their mess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and tha'ts the truth [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

HelenGE wrote:Ohhhh. Yuck!!! It would be okay of men would kindly concentrate and focus on where they are peeing or else clean up their mess.

Women make messes when they squat over the toilet and pee all over the place
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Make all the public restrooms out of old Greyhound buses and no one will use them. The City making a smokescreen.. hiding something else. Agreed it can say REST ROOM, simple enuff.
Maybe with all this freedom the City will unbolt the toilet tissue in the Gyro Park restrooms.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I say remove all of the doors in every multi use public restroom. Like the airline industry, the extra space created would mean an extra bowl in every room.

The best part is though that finally, all of the mystery would be gone! No more guessing or wondering "how" or "why". All would be revealed.

Then and only then my friends, will you reach the true levels of enlightment you so richly deserve.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Who honestly has time to be getting all fired up about silly inconsequential crap like this??? Must have way more spare time then i
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Dizzy1 wrote:I’m just waiting for the day when someone with multiple personalities claims “gender identity” - one day they’ll “identify” themselves as a boy, the next will be a girl.

It’s coming, only a matter of time. We’ve already spiralled downwards enough that grown men are “identifying” themselves as 6 year old girls, people as animals or inanimate objects. Sad.

This already exists, where have you been? Haven’t you heard of gender fluid.

Gender Fluid is a gender identity best described as a dynamic mix of boy and girl. A person who is Gender Fluid may always feel like a mix of the two traditional genders, but may feel more boy some days, and more girl other days.
Being Gender Fluid has nothing to do with which set of genitalia one has, nor their sexual orientation.

Return to “Central Okanagan”