Poachers caught

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

3 charged with poaching

Post by Rwede »

3 charged with poaching

Colin Dacre - Dec 6, 2017 / 10:32 am | Story: 213361

Residents on Greyback Mountain Road reported an alleged poaching incident on Jan. 28, 2017

The B.C. Conservation Officer Service has had charges approved against three people in connection to an alleged poaching incident in Penticton’s Greyback Mountain Road area early this year.

Fred, Felix, and Cole Kruger have been charged with three counts for a January 29 incident where two elk were allegedly harvested on private land.

Residents complained to the COS immediately following the incident. Landowner Victoria Kryzanowski told Castanet at the time she’s never given permission to anyone to hunt on the land.

The three men are charged with discharging a firearm in a no shooting area, trespassing and illegally possessing dead wildlife.

One of the accused, Fred Kruger, was recently elected to Penticton Indian Band council.

PIB communications coordinator Dawn Russell said Fred was unable to comment until later in the week.

SNIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... h-poaching
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: 3 charged with poaching

Post by dogspoiler »

It will be interesting to see what kind of stories will be spun.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Poachers caught

Post by Queen K »

So three natives have been charged with poaching an Elk. The outcome of those charges will determine if natives can hunt "whenever they want" as is charged by some posters here.

But as Ferri says, poaching is poaching and not about "race." But if the courts disagree, then we've got a new set of rules based on race and birth right.
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 6th, 2017, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Great news! Now we need a conviction on all charges to show that trespassing and poaching won't be tolerated, no matter who you think you are.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Appears to be happening more and more often.

Four elk have been illegally shot and killed on private property without permission.

The bodies of the animals were abandoned, while a fifth elk was wounded and left alive.

The incident occurred Sunday evening north of Hudson's Hope, in northeast British Columbia, said acting Sgt. Brad Lacey of the Peace Region Conservation Officer Service.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4432517
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Let’s see if Fred Kruger does the right thing and resigns from council! I hope they throw the book at these wastes of skin. :up:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

but.but its there land and they can do what they want, plus they always respect all wildlife and only hunt for food :laugh: :laugh:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

And it only took a couple of posts for it to get racist. Who the hell cares what color of skin people have or what their background is. If they're poachers then deal with them.

Another outlet for the anti-native people out there. There are Native Criminals. There are White Criminals. There are criminals of every shape size and ethnicity.

Why does it even matter where they're from or what group they belong to. Prosecute them. Poaching is illegal.

I'm so sick of the endless bashing of people because of who they are.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Lol Maryjane is totally backtracking. The OP asked clearly where they native or white. That shows the obvious bias and what the original post was really going for.

Nice to see so many people calling the OP out on this one. GOTCHA!
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Chyren wrote:And it only took a couple of posts for it to get racist. Who the hell cares what color of skin people have or what their background is. If they're poachers then deal with them.

Another outlet for the anti-native people out there. There are Native Criminals. There are White Criminals. There are criminals of every shape size and ethnicity.

Why does it even matter where they're from or what group they belong to. Prosecute them. Poaching is illegal.

I'm so sick of the endless bashing of people because of who they are.

Amen to that. And I'm also sick of people who deliberately confuse a story from Dec 2017 with one from a year ago.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*FYI Poaching is poaching. It doesn't matter what color you are. Stay on topic and stop making this about race. Thank you.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:i think any hunting wildlife poaching should be manditory banned from hunting unless with a watcher . no matter what race or creed .

I have to ask what is a watcher?

My thoughts are if caught you should be banned for life. Reality is very few poachers get caught and it would be a much better deterrent then just a fine and one year no hunting.

Sadly most Judges never have hunted in their lives and they truly in general don't care.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the truth wrote:but.but its there land and they can do what they want, plus they always respect all wildlife and only hunt for food :laugh: :laugh:

Not if you or I pay taxes on that land and we do have the right to post our land no hunting, it would appear these three feel differently. It will be interesting to see the outcome in court.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Poachers who don't follow the law aren't too concerned about not having a license for a year, since that's just another law they'll break.

Hit them in their wallets, seize their trucks and guns and sell them to fund wildlife research, and if they repeat they can spend some time in the crowbar hotel thinking about it for a while.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Confused as to why the thread about the 3 PIB poachers/trespasser's was merged into an old thread in the North Okanagan forum?

It could at least be put into South Okanagan where it is much more relevant.

Return to “Social Concerns”