Jailed for molesting daughter

RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213292

Nicholas Johansen - Dec 6, 2017 / 5:00 am | Story: 213292

A Kelowna man was sentenced for molesting his young daughter over a four-year period.

A man who spent four years molesting his daughter was sentenced in a Kelowna court room to five years in jail last week.

The man, whose name is protected under a publication ban to protect the identity of the victim, began sexually assaulting his daughter in 2012, when she was just six years old.

The years of abuse involved sexual touching and forcing her to perform oral sex on him. It continued in Kelowna and West Kelowna until 2016.

The 32-year-old man has three sons with his wife, in addition to his daughter.

In 2015, he separated from his wife and moved into his own basement suite, where his daughter would stay with him on her own.

Eventually, the young girl told her mom she didn't want to continue to go to her father's house, and explained why.

The mother confronted the man and he responded angrily, threatening to kill himself.

Police were called, and they found him later that day, in his vehicle with a suicide note in which he said goodbye to his children.

He was arrested and later released on bail, on a condition to not have any device that could access the Internet. On Aug. 15, 2017, he was found in his vehicle with a cell phone and was arrested. He has remained in custody until his sentencing last week.

While the victim's mother told the court that her daughter has not shown any ill effects because of the abuse, the daughter's victim impact statement told otherwise.

“Clearly she is struggling with the shame and stigma of what occurred, and the conflicting emotions of her love for her father and anger for what he did,” Justice Greg Koturbash wrote in his decision. “Despite her tender years, (she) expresses concerns that she may find it difficult forming loving and caring relationships with other adults as she grows older, and wonders whether anyone will ever be capable of loving her.”

A psychological assessment found the man had limited insight into his crime, describing it as an “inappropriate expression of love.”

He minimized the harm by reiterating that he always had his daughter’s permission and that she liked it,” wrote Justice Koturbash. “He pointed out that although he informed his daughter that what they were doing was wrong, that he would go to jail and the family would be ripped apart if someone found out, she continued to approve of the wrongful behaviour.”

He told the reporting psychologist that he does not belong in jail. The psychologist says his risk of recidivism is high.

The man was convicted of touching for a sexual purpose, and handed a sentence of five years, minus enhanced credit of 158 days of presentence custody.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

*bleep*? Did I read this right? I tell a 6 year old girl that what I'm about to do is wrong, and because she says she "likes" it, I now have permission to stick my thing were it clearly does not belong and this is considered "minimizing" the harm I'm doing to her? Sorry, but that is some f'd up crap...no 6 year old can give permission to some pervert to stick his thing in her, under any circumstances.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Jailed for molesting daughter

Post by Glacier »

:swear: :swear: :swear: Sick. Sick. Sick. Molesting your own child is the lowest of low crimes. So wrong and disgusting that even hardened criminals know it's wrong. Now you're going to enjoy being the "'consenting' six year old" in jail. But at least they'll tell you before hand that it's wrong. Five years in jail is not long enough for the lifetime of hurt you've caused your daughter.

Anyone convicted of molesting their own children should be castrated.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

WOW, what an expert manipulator! That guy could sell fridges to Inuit, in the Winter.

Let's see, take a home away from where anyone is around.
Get access to your six year old daughter, alone.
Manipulate her to the point of criminal mastermind telling her all those things.
Tell adults she "liked it" thinking they're as impressionable as a six year old.
Find out not everyone can be manipulated.
Lands in jail
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote::swear: :swear: :swear: Sick. Sick. Sick. Molesting your own child is the lowest of low crimes. So wrong and disgusting that even hardened criminals know it's wrong. Now you're going to enjoy being the "'consenting' six year old" in jail. But at least they'll tell you before hand that it's wrong. Five years in jail is not long enough for the lifetime of hurt you've caused your daughter.

Anyone convicted of molesting their own children should be castrated.

once again, the judges and lawyers that defend these guys are no better
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

He'll be put into Protective Custody
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

bjsilent wrote:He'll be put into Protective Custody

Maybe they'll forget to lock the door (like what happened at Oliver a while ago), one can hope
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup,and get to hang out with his kind,and exchange sexual fantasises, during sex offenders group in jail, :200: and we will be told he has taken programs that work and he is all better now--not---
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

the truth wrote:
yup,and get to hang out with his kind,and exchange sexual fantasises, during sex offenders group in jail, :200: and we will be told he has taken programs that work and he is all better now--not---

That's exactly what they do,hang out with the other sicko's and telling each other their sick fantasies and what they did to their victims.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Extremely sick individual who needs to be completely removed from society, removed by poster.
Society is really getting f :cuss: up, having sex with your own child (in another thread rapping a sibling).
Last edited by GordonH on Dec 6th, 2017, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

The article was updated:

UPDATE: 12:45 p.m

The mother of a young girl who was molested by her father has taken issue with the judge's characterization that she doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse.

The woman, whose identity is protected to protect her daughter's identity, says the judge never spoke with her directly, and only inferred this from her comments in the father's psychological report that her daughter hadn't experienced nightmares or anxiety attacks.

"Of course there's ill effects, she and I talk about it at length all the time," the young girl's mother said. "It's not fine, but I work really hard with her and with all of my children to get them through this. I certainly don't think that any of them are coming out of it easily.

"She is an extraordinary women, she is very well-rounded, and very driven. She's this super-duper straight-A student ... She's determined not to be defeated, she knows what she's up against."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... g-daughter
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

These people should be hung by the neck,IMHO
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ferri wrote:The article was updated:

UPDATE: 12:45 p.m

The mother of a young girl who was molested by her father has taken issue with the judge's characterization that she doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse.

The woman, whose identity is protected to protect her daughter's identity, says the judge never spoke with her directly, and only inferred this from her comments in the father's psychological report that her daughter hadn't experienced nightmares or anxiety attacks.

"Of course there's ill effects, she and I talk about it at length all the time," the young girl's mother said. "It's not fine, but I work really hard with her and with all of my children to get them through this. I certainly don't think that any of them are coming out of it easily.

"She is an extraordinary women, she is very well-rounded, and very driven. She's this super-duper straight-A student ... She's determined not to be defeated, she knows what she's up against."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... g-daughter

wt :swear: :swear: how could the daughter not suffer no ill effects :200: :swear: wt :swear: how f up is this
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

that story is contradicting. first the story claims, the woman doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse. but later on she actually says, "Of course there's ill effects".. the later being her exact quoted words. makes no sense. Bad reporting??
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

vinnied wrote:that story is contradicting. first the story claims, the woman doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse. but later on she actually says, "Of course there's ill effects".. the later being her exact quoted words. makes no sense. Bad reporting??

Appears to be. Should either read "the father told the court" or the line should just be removed altogether.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Central Okanagan”