What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol. Its going to be positive for real trade unions if john says build it as thrle fake christian one will get the boot and positive. For bc if he says nope .

Either way it wont be any victory for rightwing coalition known as bclibs . They still busy running watts into the ground :200:
But if the answer is YES you want Horgan to be turfed as NDP leader, right? Or have you changed your mind?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Cactusflower wrote:

There was nothing biased about the story in that link I provided. It was just a bit of history that some people conveniently forget. If you have reason to believe that there was no plan during the WAC Bennett years to build a much bigger dam than the Site C, Bennett, and Dinosaur dams combined, please tell me your version of the story.

First I never named you.

I do not have a version as I knew nothing about it. I did try to find something other than what you posted and found nothing. Since it was you who posted it maybe you can give us some credible proof of what was shown. Also the Bennett dam has been a great success and has succeeded in keeping our electrical rates amongst the lowest in North America for decades.

What has this story got to do with Horgan's decision on site C.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Keith Baldrey has now been told that there will be no announcement tomorrow and perhaps not even on Friday. The cabinet still hasn't made any decision at all. There could be an announcement next week. Or not. I'm thinking if they can't decide by next week there will be a study commissioned to look into the project.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Urbane wrote:Keith Baldrey has now been told that there will be no announcement tomorrow and perhaps not even on Friday. The cabinet still hasn't made any decision at all. There could be an announcement next week. Or not. I'm thinking if they can't decide by next week there will be a study commissioned to look into the project.

Ain't that a surprise. The only thing I'm sure about still warms my heart, and that's that Mr Horgan is likely going to lose his job no matter which decision he makes. It would just be unfortunate to lose a perfectly good project because some people are terribly stupid.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:Keith Baldrey has now been told that there will be no announcement tomorrow and perhaps not even on Friday. The cabinet still hasn't made any decision at all. There could be an announcement next week. Or not. I'm thinking if they can't decide by next week there will be a study commissioned to look into the project.

Too bad the BC Liberals didn't commission a study by the BCUC before they went ahead on the project. The NDP have already had that study done. Why are you in such a hurry to learn their position? Walk a mile in Horgan's shoes. I doubt if you would find it such an easy task if you weren't so biased.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:

Too bad the BC Liberals didn't commission a study by the BCUC before they went ahead on the project. The NDP have already had that study done. Why are you in such a hurry to learn their position? Walk a mile in Horgan's shoes. I doubt if you would find it such an easy task if you weren't so biased.

Walking a mile in Horgan's shoes would be a tough haul, with no map and no real direction, he is , quite simply, on his own.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

If Horgan had a clue or a plan he would not be in this position. Until he started to worry more about himself and being Premier. He previously backed site C and knows it is the best thing for the province but he has let politics get in the way and now he is suffering for it. I doubt Urbane would ever have to worry about walking in those shoes because I don't believe he would ever have called for a review of site C. I believe Urbane understands it is the best thing for BC.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Indeed!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Positive for whom?

If it's a decision in favor of Site C, it will be positive for people who know how to do math.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Too bad the BC Liberals didn't commission a study by the BCUC before they went ahead on the project..

why? The study those bozos did was completely unnecessary and totally useless. Just like the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:Walk a mile in Horgan's shoes. I doubt if you would find it such an easy task if you weren't so biased.

Seeing you use that term is.......... well........... PRICELESS! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/3901823/bc-greens-site-c-dam/

Seems that Mr Weaver has begun his open attempt to influence the government's decision on Site C. He wants the project curtailed. He says the project is fiscally reckless. However, will he is prepared to encourage the government to flush $4 B down the drain without any benefit from the money spent. He urged that the Site C be replaced by a "clean energy project." Yet just a few short years ago, Mr Weaver trumpeted the Site C project as a green, clean energy project that was good for the province. Politics is the reason he changed his mind, not environmental or fiscal responsibility.

"The battle over the Site C dam marks the biggest policy split yet between the NDP and the Greens, whose backing allowed the New Democrats to form a government. However, should the NDP proceed with the project, it won’t likely topple the NDP; the power-sharing agreement the parties signed last spring specified only that the project be sent to the BCUC for review."

Weaver has successfully put the NDP in a corner. He cannot lose. However, the NDP lose no matter what their decision. Unfortunately, if the present government cancels the Site C project BC Hydro and the ratepayers and taxpayers lose a minimum of $4 B. Twenty-five hundred workers lose their jobs, the province loses the tax benefits from those jobs, and the Peace Valley loses the economic benefits from the project.The suggested replacement for those losses are simply hollow promises of cheap energy to come and promises of some future jobs, but all of those are 10 to 15 years down the road. I am not so sure that the Greens or the anti Site C crowd can predict that far into the future. After all just a short time ago Weaver changed his Site C position by 180 degrees. Why should his position and predictions be trusted now?

Weaver and the Greens offer no leadership or future plans. They simply politically posture while the present government cowers in Cabinet unable to make a decision. Perhaps I should offer them my Ouija Board.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:

That's just dumb. The BCUC showed they weren't equipped to handle the process. We ELECT people to make decisions, not pawn them off on "faceless" bureaucrats.

In the end, it becomes a cabinet decision. And a leader's decision. Which is EXACTLY where it is right now. Why waste the money on the "dog and pony show"?

The whole BCUC review was Horgan not having the spine to stand up to the Quadra Island Mafia. He copped out by using the BCUC as a convenient checkers piece. Well it is checkmate! Andrew Weaver was playing chess and boxed the NDP into an impossible political position.

Let's see if Horgan finally has the spine to stand up for what is right, proceed with site C, or if he will cave to political expediency before the withering tongues of the Quadra Island Mafia backed by Mr. Phony hisself, George Heyman.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

erinmore3775 wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/3901823/bc-greens-site-c-dam/

Seems that Mr Weaver has begun his open attempt to influence the government's decision on Site C. He wants the project curtailed. He says the project is fiscally reckless. However, will he is prepared to encourage the government to flush $4 B down the drain without any benefit from the money spent. He urged that the Site C be replaced by a "clean energy project." Yet just a few short years ago, Mr Weaver trumpeted the Site C project as a green, clean energy project that was good for the province. Politics is the reason he changed his mind, not environmental or fiscal responsibility.

"The battle over the Site C dam marks the biggest policy split yet between the NDP and the Greens, whose backing allowed the New Democrats to form a government. However, should the NDP proceed with the project, it won’t likely topple the NDP; the power-sharing agreement the parties signed last spring specified only that the project be sent to the BCUC for review."

Weaver has successfully put the NDP in a corner. He cannot lose. However, the NDP lose no matter what their decision. Unfortunately, if the present government cancels the Site C project BC Hydro and the ratepayers and taxpayers lose a minimum of $4 B. Twenty-five hundred workers lose their jobs, the province loses the tax benefits from those jobs, and the Peace Valley loses the economic benefits from the project.The suggested replacement for those losses are simply hollow promises of cheap energy to come and promises of some future jobs, but all of those are 10 to 15 years down the road. I am not so sure that the Greens or the anti Site C crowd can predict that far into the future. After all just a short time ago Weaver changed his Site C position by 180 degrees. Why should his position and predictions be trusted now?

Weaver and the Greens offer no leadership or future plans. They simply politically posture while the present government cowers in Cabinet unable to make a decision. Perhaps I should offer them my Ouija Board.

20 to 30 billion in debt is. Whats good for rate payers ? 40 million a year to truck fish is good for tax payers .every 10 years thats 400 million.

Calling 2500 fake christian union workers is like calling mobsters police .but the one good thing worth a chuckle is horgan will boot their behinds out and replsce them with real trade unions so no matter what your fake union buddys are toast [icon_lol2.gif]
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Site C decision days away
The Canadian Press - Dec 6, 2017 / 5:30 pm

Officials in Premier John Horgan's office say the government's decision on the future of the controversial Site C hydroelectric dam could come as early as Friday.

Speaking on background, the officials say government ministers were in meetings Wednesday wrestling with the decision to continue building or to scuttle the $8.3 billion project and that the decision could be announced within days.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213426
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “B.C.”