Millenials don't donate? WRONG, CAN'T AFFORD TO DONATE.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
ecoforce

Millenials don't donate? WRONG, CAN'T AFFORD TO DONATE.

Post by ecoforce »

Is Castanet OUT OF THEIR MIND?

Millenials can't donate because so much is taken away from them they can't donate. What a stupid title. oh forgot. it's a norm with Castanet.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Millenials don't donate? WRONG, CAN'T AFFORD TO DONATE.

Post by Jflem1983 »

ecoforce wrote:Is Castanet OUT OF THEIR MIND?

Millenials can't donate because so much is taken away from them they can't donate. What a stupid title. oh forgot. it's a norm with Castanet.

I find this hard to believe. Never has there been such a spoiled generation. These kids certainly could give a little. After all they have litterally had every thing handed to them
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

A link is helpful

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-213376-3-.htm#213376

As a whole the polls show that Millenials don’t or can’t donate.

It’s just a headline to get your attention, I guess it worked.

Interesting on how many people think “liking” a post on social media is meaningful.

“A small majority of Canadian social media users, 54 per cent, say liking a post or using a hashtag in support of a cause has either a “very” 9 per cent, or “fairly meaningful” 45 per cent impact on the cause in question”

Here is a must have app for SJW’s

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Know what? I happen to agree with the headline. Millenials have far too many expenses today that their parents and grandparents never faced before. And wages have stagnated while housing prices and therefore, rents, have skyrocketted. Also, what used to be free is no longer. Have to pay a fine? Usually it's much more punishing than it ever used to be. And our society is being fined to death. Got a dog? Now you've got mandatory licenses for that dog, and shots, and fines if your dog is caught without a license. Did our parents and grandparents live like this? More and more fines are tied to renewals, insurance and drivers licenses. And insurance! Ratchetted up every year. And nevermind all the now mandatory technology to get by in this World.

Got children? They need it too. So everyone has to have and keep up with technology. School fees and claw backs? Yup.

Most women now work or have to. Add that second vehicle and all the attendant costs!

And it goes on and on. I'm sure I've missed stuff, so someone go ahead and add to it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:
ecoforce wrote:Is Castanet OUT OF THEIR MIND?

I find this hard to believe. Never has there been such a spoiled generation. These kids certainly could give a little. After all they have litterally had every thing handed to them

i find it easy to believe, they are its all about me generation after all,so many of them--not all-- living at home because they are afraid of a long day of hard work to make ends meet,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

a6HLvxT.jpg
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ah yes, tuition and the days of tuition forgiveness loans. Student loans that didn't have to be repaid. Wish I had gone for that when it was still around.

Ya, long gone.

And low tuitions too. Look what the BC NDP government did to make adult education accessible again. I hope people are taking advantage of that right now, or ASAP because that could be closed off to them as soon as the next election.

Millenials bogged down by student loans, skyrocketted rents and don't get me started on having to help their aging parents.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Turns out im a spoiled millenial.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm the latest baby boomer allowable.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

**waves valiantly**
Hey! Gen-X over here.

Remember us?

Oh wait, no one ever gave a flying fig about Gen-X.

I can see it now, the year is 2051: Kgcayenne died of natural causes while at her desk. She was 78, or maybe she was 80, we didn't really pay attention. She'd just put in her retirement notice (we paid attention then! Who's going to save our *bleep*, now?) after being able to save for a few years once her mortgage was paid off.... I think t hat was about 5 years ago. Anyway, she didn't want a funeral, she was predeceased by her husband and daughter, lived with her cats. She was known to donate to the food bank.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Here are the things my adult child got, has, done that I never did.
1)Most everything new, sports equipment, seasons ski pass, bikes, games, cell phones, etc.
2)Never got a job till 18.
3)almost new cars.
4)awesome regular holidays.
5)New technology's the day they come out.
6)Paid post secondary education.
7)Take a year to travel the world.
8)No school debt.
9)Everything around them is new, nothing old and ugly.
10)$$$$ a month spent on clothes, hair, makeup, top insurance for top of the line car, holidays, eating out, new cell phone and contract, gym passes, etc etc.

The car loan, the eating out, all those extra "frills" that we did not have would easily pay the mortage on a 2 bedroom condo in rutland.
Oh but wait, thats below Millenials. ha
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Who taught your millennial to live like that?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

liisgo wrote:Here are the things my adult child got, has, done that I never did.
1)Most everything new, sports equipment, seasons ski pass, bikes, games, cell phones, etc.
2)Never got a job till 18.
3)almost new cars.
4)awesome regular holidays.
5)New technology's the day they come out.
6)Paid post secondary education.
7)Take a year to travel the world.
8)No school debt.
9)Everything around them is new, nothing old and ugly.
10)$$$$ a month spent on clothes, hair, makeup, top insurance for top of the line car, holidays, eating out, new cell phone and contract, gym passes, etc etc.

The car loan, the eating out, all those extra "frills" that we did not have would easily pay the mortage on a 2 bedroom condo in rutland.
Oh but wait, thats below Millenials. ha

Ummmm. Weren't you the one with the check book? Why are you making it sound like your child was spoiled? If that's the word, then it lays with you.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

People gotta go easier on millennials. They're being presented as the worst thing since Nazis.

Return to “Social Concerns”