Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Rock The Lake (Kelowna)

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
2018 lineup has been announced:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ake-lineup
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gonna get my mother tickets for xmas. Along with falcons season tickets i already bought.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

Weak line up at best. I'd expect most of these bands to be incapable of selling out the community theater.
Cannafest in little old Grand Forks has a better line up.
I went to the 1st Rock the Lake and was happy that an event like this was held in Kelowna, it was extremely well organized and I immediately bought tickets for the 2nd year.
Year 2 rolls around and I was only enticed by the line up on 2 of the 3 days.
Now year 3 is here and I'm not moved to spend the cash to attend. Strictly personal opinion but there's only so many Canadian bands worth seeing that are still actively touring. Rehashing the lineup every 3-4 years will not keep this event alive.
Model citizen......zero discipline.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I agree. A bit disappointing. Nazareth and maybe Bachman for me. Not a fan of the rest.

Out of curiosity, what does a VIP ticket get you?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

To all those living around prospera who don't enjoy loud music, you may want to make plans to be elsewhere August 10th to 12th.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Big Green Machine

Post by Big Green Machine »

mexi cali wrote:I agree. A bit disappointing. Nazareth and maybe Bachman for me. Not a fan of the rest.

VIP gets you under a tent, some applies and complimentary non alcoholic beverages and a ‘chance’ at meeting one of the artists. No thanks. Even a single day ticket is a lot considering non of the bands, with the exception of Bachman, Glass Tiger and Men Without Hats, have the original vocalists. The Little River Band sold 30 million albums with their original lineup and the one appearing here has zero members who wrote or played on those albums but are legally allowed to use the name. There is no one named Doug in Doug and the Slugs.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Big Green Machine wrote: There is no one named Doug in Doug and the Slugs.

One of the more bizarre things in music to me recently is that not only are they continuing as a band, but their current lead singer is Ted Okos, who's played in Kelowna bands for decades.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Okos is good ... I'd pay to see him again .

But in Kelowna, only at Angies
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Big Green Machine wrote:
mexi cali wrote:I agree. A bit disappointing. Nazareth and maybe Bachman for me. Not a fan of the rest.

VIP gets you under a tent, some applies and complimentary non alcoholic beverages and a ‘chance’ at meeting one of the artists. No thanks. Even a single day ticket is a lot considering non of the bands, with the exception of Bachman, Glass Tiger and Men Without Hats, have the original vocalists. The Little River Band sold 30 million albums with their original lineup and the one appearing here has zero members who wrote or played on those albums but are legally allowed to use the name. There is no one named Doug in Doug and the Slugs.

Yah, like when Supertramp came through here a few years ago, but without Roger Hodgson ... no thanks...
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Big Green Machine wrote: There is no one named Doug in Doug and the Slugs.

JayByrd wrote:One of the more bizarre things in music to me recently is that not only are they continuing as a band, but their current lead singer is Ted Okos, who's played in Kelowna bands for decades.

Doug Bennett, the founding member of Doug and the Slugs, passed away in 2004.
After a gap of several years, the original Slugs (Baker, Bosley, Burton, Kendall, and Watson) reunited in 2009 and invited singer Ted Okos to be their new frontman. The group still performs live dates as Doug & the Slugs, although now none of them is named Doug. (Wikipedia)
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
ArcticCatHouse

Post by ArcticCatHouse »

Should it not be called Rock the Lot? :biggrin:
After all it is held on a asphalt parking lot, not on the lake!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'd go for The Sweet, well if it is Steve's Sweet not the other. He just gave a pretty amusing interview
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”