What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by hobbyguy »

The problem is the protesters are always going to be there. They are wrong, but choose not to see it. Protesting has become a way to justify existence for some folk.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

hobbyguy wrote:The problem is the protesters are always going to be there. They are wrong, but choose not to see it. Protesting has become a way to justify existence for some folk.

IF those protesters just put as much effort into finding and retaining employment, they actually might find value in their pay envelope every 2 weeks for their dedication.
They certainly deserve more respect than those that protest via internet forums.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

hobbyguy wrote:The problem is the protesters are always going to be there. They are wrong, but choose not to see it. Protesting has become a way to justify existence for some folk.

Yes we know anything that includes people over money for play is wrong in your books but im hoping john will do right thing and kill it . :130:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:The very latest from Keith Baldrey:

Keith Baldrey‏Verified account @keithbaldrey
4m4 minutes ago

After a day (and night) of prowling the legislature corridors, button-holing ministers and staff, my final Site C prediction: it's a go. Nothing absolutely confirmed but it's the premier's call, and he will give it the green light. My two cents (which are worth 2 cents) #bcpoli

Baldrey's wrong. His predictions are worth less than 2 cents. His reporting has been biased since day one of the Site C dam saga.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Just sent my email to john asking to cancel it :smt045
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I just sent one to him to cancel yours :smt045
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:
    Baldrey's wrong. His predictions are worth less than 2 cents. His reporting has been biased since day one of the Site C dam saga.
So you believe that Horgan will cancel the project. Any evidence to back that up? You know, all Baldrey is doing is saying that he's been talking to MLA's and others in the corridors there and that Horgan will give Site C the green light. You're sure that Baldrey is wrong so how about providing us with your rationale.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Cactusflower wrote:
@Smurf:
As has been proven over the course of several years and hundreds of comments here, all those 'positive points' are debatable.

I agree 100% about debate. however your statement "If the only argument in favour of the Site C dam going forward is job loss" is not true and you know it, no debate there.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

maryjane48 wrote:Just sent my email to john asking to cancel it :smt045

Haha, if you worded it like any of your posts, he won't have a clue what you are talking about anyway !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:

Just because you want to kill BC's economy doesn't mean that everyone else wants to.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Urbane wrote:Keith Baldrey has now been told that there will be no announcement tomorrow and perhaps not even on Friday. The cabinet still hasn't made any decision at all. There could be an announcement next week. Or not. I'm thinking if they can't decide by next week there will be a study commissioned to look into the project.

If they do make a decision it will be announced New Years eve at 11:59 after everyone in the province is too drunk to care.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Keith Baldrey has now been told that there will be no announcement tomorrow and perhaps not even on Friday. The cabinet still hasn't made any decision at all. There could be an announcement next week. Or not. I'm thinking if they can't decide by next week there will be a study commissioned to look into the project.

No. They'll just strike a committee charged with looking into why the NDP can't make a decision, and that should get them through to next election. [icon_lol2.gif]

I wonder who has to decide who is on the committee? :200: Oh my.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They'll have to set up a committee and do a study to decide.

Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
@Smurf:
As has been proven over the course of several years and hundreds of comments here, all those 'positive points' are debatable.

I agree 100% about debate. however your statement "If the only argument in favour of the Site C dam going forward is job loss" is not true and you know it, no debate there.

"If" is the biggest 2-letter word in the English language :smt045 . Now let's see if we can get back on topic. I see no point in continuing this debate because whatever Horgan and his cabinet decides, we're going to have to live with it.

Someone mentioned that there was a group of anti-Site C folks visiting the Attorney General's office today. At least they have enough sense to tell someone who cares, and is one of the decision-makers.

Return to “B.C.”