Pot shops operating without business licenses...

capleton
Banned

Re: Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Post by capleton »

Just keep it illegal. Whats the problem with that[/quote]

Why? prohibition does not work
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Jflem1983 wrote:Just keep it illegal. Whats the problem with that

Its both ineffective and a huge waste of money, it also makes it significantly easier for young people to get it since a drug dealer won't ask to see their ID.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

steve mc wrote:putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.

Pretty sure it has a bit more of an effect than having no age limit at all. I mean in one case its open to anyone to buy, in another they have to find someone who is willing to go somewhere and purchase a thing for them. Thats a bit more of a hurdle than not having that obstruction. I mean if thats your stance why bother regulating any substances at all? Legal illegal it apparently doesn't matter
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

steve mc wrote:putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.

Making it illegal hasn't stopped kids from using it, we have tried your way for 93 years and it has failed, seriously you prohibitionists have the worst arguments
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

capleton wrote:It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.

God doesnt have them answers lol
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

capleton wrote:It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.

It's maybe because they have gainful employment and are dedicated to their jobs. They have no time to immediately reply to questions and satisfy your impatience.

Or maybe, they just don't feel that you are worthy of their immediate and undivided attention.

If you think that their lack of response is hilarious, then I suggest that the bong be put aside for awhile.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Are you referring to me as a prohibitionist?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Anonymous123 wrote:

Are you referring to me as a prohibitionist?

Yes, I am
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I'll forgive you for that because you are new, but don't assume things. You know what they say when you assume, it makes an
a$$ u and me.

FYI: I have been ingesting cannabis in one form or another for well over 45 years. I am not a Prohibitionist. I do not agree with dispensaries or Compassion clubs once marijuana becomes legal. I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of the current "licenses" allowing legal possession of marijuana are not for medicinal purposes. There are a some that are for legit medical purposes, and those should be dispensed through proper channels.
As I wrote earlier:
I applaud the BC Government on this decision. This is the best way to control legalized marijuana. If you want to open a store you will likely have to apply to BCLCB the same way liquor vendors have to.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Anonymous123 wrote:I'll forgive you for that because you are new, but don't assume things. You know what they say when you assume, it makes an
a$$ u and me.

FYI: I have been ingesting cannabis in one form or another for well over 45 years. I am not a Prohibitionist. I do not agree with dispensaries or Compassion clubs once marijuana becomes legal. I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of the current "licenses" allowing legal possession of marijuana are not for medicinal purposes. There are a some that are for legit medical purposes, and those should be dispensed through proper channels.
As I wrote earlier:
I applaud the BC Government on this decision. This is the best way to control legalized marijuana. If you want to open a store you will likely have to apply to BCLCB the same way liquor vendors have to.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up but you not supporting dispensaries isn't cool. You really think that a bunch of liquor bureaucrats should be handling cannabis, rather then people who were already involved in the cannabis industry?. Why shouldn't cannabis users go to a dispensary whether medical or not? Screw the stigmatization of weed, time to grow it and sell it everywhere.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I can hardly wait to grow 4 trees :130: the govt will find out in short order colorado and wash state got it right .the lcbc route will be abandoned in not to distant future as the only way to make it not pay for criminals is to make it as cheap and easy to get legaly as possible .

This will start to be a voting issue and if you want to remain in power you best start listening or. Out you go :130:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 8th, 2017, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Will landlords be able to stipulate a "NO grow" clause in a rental agreement? Not even four plants because four might turn into 10 or more.

I wonder how the count to four will go if officers get a call because someone has five, or six. Now they have to police a pot plant count?

And will businesses be able to act as a "person" like multibillion dollar corporations are treated as persons in the eyes of the law?

So four plants at home and four in the business?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”