BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agree?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agr

Post by the truth »

well said :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

They're cleaning up this huge mess left behind by a homeless camp along the Vedder Canal. The garbage includes 1300 used syringes. Now, if you move these people into nice, free housing, does anyone seriously think they're going to keep the places clean, turn their lives around etc. I know you can't have all of these homeless people camping out wherever they want, but I really think free housing is just going to be an endless money pit.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I have heard it said that people that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
In several cities in the US the govts had provided heavily subsidized housing for the poor, they were often refered to as " The Projects ".
Many of these places became a breeding ground for criminals and were a place that Police and citizens alike would avoid.
Many of these places were demolished because the criminal culture could not be eliminated.
These projects for the most part were total disasters and a huge waste of money.
Anyone that doubts this info should do some research. If you are still in doubt please refer to line 1 of this post.
Cheers
Black Dogs Matter
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ winner winner chicken dinner ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

dogspoiler wrote:I have heard it said that people that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
In several cities in the US the govts had provided heavily subsidized housing for the poor, they were often refered to as " The Projects ".
Many of these places became a breeding ground for criminals and were a place that Police and citizens alike would avoid.
Many of these places were demolished because the criminal culture could not be eliminated.
These projects for the most part were total disasters and a huge waste of money.
Anyone that doubts this info should do some research. If you are still in doubt please refer to line 1 of this post.
Cheers

Where do you suggest the homeless human beings live?

This small forum makes it clear that they will not tolerate homeless camps near rivers, camps in public parks, camps along 25th (Vernon)

As of currently - city counsel has responded to all the complaining and fear from the home owners and the heartless, with an action plan - to house the homeless.

The homeless will not be "in sight" of those who have been far more fortunate in life, the homeless can get out of the elements and perhaps live a better quality of life and gain some self esteem and confidence to find hope for their future by not being labeled as a nobody who doesn't deserve to exist according to the likes of the monied.

So when does it end for you people? when will you be happy with the plans and actions taken to help those who are not as fortunate as yourselves?

I deeply cannot stand the current attitude, character and values of so many humans beings at this point in the history of the world and lives lived.

As much as you people shame the homeless - you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The more I read these threads about the homeless population the more I realize that most of you could care less what happens to these humans beings as long as they cease existing in your reality.

It is clear that according to most here: a human life is equivalent to the dollar. (the root of all evil)

Id rather you guys leave town, I choose the homeless over you guys any day! They actually have hearts, if you ever took the time to speak to a homeless human being you might discover they are better and more Godly human beings than you have ever come close to being.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

"Id rather you guys leave town, I choose the homeless over you guys any day! They actually have hearts, if you ever took the time to speak to a homeless human being you might discover they are better and more Godly human beings than you have ever come close to being."

I had to snicker at this last paragraph,when you are talking to them they'll say anything hoping you'll reach into your pocket and give them a few bucks.There godly ways and saying they found the lord and telling you they wanna change and get cleaned up is all an ACT!!!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

most of us do not have a problem with the homeless,we have a problem with the homeless criminal junkies.how many homeless criminal junkies have you taken into your home to help out ?
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

the truth wrote:most of us do not have a problem with the homeless,we have a problem with the homeless criminal junkies.how many homeless criminal junkies have you taken into your home to help out ?

And that's The Truth.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dogspoiler wrote:I have heard it said that people that do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
Cheers

How little you know .the reason the projects turned out the way they did was because no programs were in place to get folks back on right track .

Your comparing apples to oranges
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:Where do you suggest the homeless human beings live?
Anywhere protection from the weather is provided, free of charge.

This small forum makes it clear that they will not tolerate homeless camps near rivers, camps in public parks, camps along 25th (Vernon)
These ARE tourist towns, and tourists come here to get away to an area where they don't have to personally inspect the playgrounds before their kids walk in the park. Who would allow their kids to splash in a creek where there is a homeless camp upstream?

As of currently - city counsel has responded to all the complaining and fear from the home owners and the heartless, with an action plan - to house the homeless.
The city counsel has bent over and taken a firm grip upon their ankles to take whatever the homeless want. FREE housing, subsidized/easy access to drugs, a safe place to do their drugs, free medical services, welfare delivered to them in person, free and plentiful food, tax free income for those that don't mind night shift. NOW add to that, free heat, laundry services, safe and secure residences, water, sewer, and access to internet and personal office staff.

Meanwhile, us taxpayers are footing the bill and have to make sure that the contents in our cars are out of view/temptation of theives, have to pay higher insurance rates for the contents of our homes, have to arm ourselves from intruders in our garages at night.
The homeless will not be "in sight" of those who have been far more fortunate in life, the homeless can get out of the elements and perhaps live a better quality of life and gain some self esteem and confidence to find hope for their future by not being labeled as a nobody who doesn't deserve to exist according to the likes of the monied.
That's what it's all about? The homeless get to, "live a better quality of life and gain some self esteem and confidence to find hope for their future by not being labeled as a nobody who doesn't deserve to exist".
So the rest of us have live in fear of losing our stuff or being physically harmed by some whacked out homeless junkie that just wants $5 more to get him/her through the next hour?

So when does it end for you people? when will you be happy with the plans and actions taken to help those who are not as fortunate as yourselves?
When they are no longer here and we do not have to pay for them. The FREE ride is over, time to get off and move on. I am sick of paying and living in fear for myself, my family, and my property.

I deeply cannot stand the current attitude, character and values of so many humans beings at this point in the history of the world and lives lived.
AND, I cannot stand the current bleeding heart characters that are encouraging these people to continue down the path that have chosen for themselves. There IS HELP for those that are homeless due to no fault of their own making. My problem is with those that choose that lifestyle. I have no sympathy for them, at all.

The more I read these threads about the homeless population the more I realize that most of you could care less what happens to these humans beings as long as they cease existing in your reality.

It is clear that according to most here: a human life is equivalent to the dollar. (the root of all evil)

Id rather you guys leave town, I choose the homeless over you guys any day! They actually have hearts, if you ever took the time to speak to a homeless human being you might discover they are better and more Godly human beings than you have ever come close to being.

So, WE should leave town (that we built and paid for) and leave it all to the poor homeless people ? They can't even pay the annual taxes.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

bjsilent wrote:"Id rather you guys leave town, I choose the homeless over you guys any day! They actually have hearts, if you ever took the time to speak to a homeless human being you might discover they are better and more Godly human beings than you have ever come close to being."

I had to snicker at this last paragraph,when you are talking to them they'll say anything hoping you'll reach into your pocket and give them a few bucks.There godly ways and saying they found the lord and telling you they wanna change and get cleaned up is all an ACT!!!!

find your soul, for your own good.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Get rid of societies far left huggy buggy feeling way of thinking and get your kids off drugs and much of the homeless issue will go away.

But such a good job of dumbing down society has been done, that'll never happen.
Let's instead give them all the assistance they need to live a life on illegal addictive substances, and all the smart ones upstream will make a handsome profit on homelessness, poverty and addiction, all on your tax dollar.
And you'll run to the trough, anxious to shovel your riches to the man.

Excuse me.
I'm gonna go shoot up.

Don't forget my go fund me page.
Mama needs a new Bentley.
Please be generous.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

the truth wrote:most of us do not have a problem with the homeless,we have a problem with the homeless criminal junkies.how many homeless criminal junkies have you taken into your home to help out ?

Zero - I have never had the opportunity presented, if I did I would decline - I would advocate for the them by assisting them with meeting their own needs not "doing it for them".

I have taken in one wealthy junkie, who paid three treatment centers over three years to get off his/her particular substance of abuse, but failed to achieve.

I was asked for a "clean" place to stay while he/she made a fourth attempt to get off the substance of abuse, I agreed. failed to achieve.

He/she broke their back, was prescribed morphine. Spent hundreds of thousand of dollars, sold their business and house to pay for treatment - bankrupt.

You might consider how to make it very clear in moving forward that your issue is with those human beings who are sadly addicted to deadly drugs and as a result become criminals in order to afford to feed the demon.

Lumping "homeless" in this hatred is rough - and if its not your truth - it would be good to make it very clear.

Junkies become criminals to keep their supply of junk flowing, they are dependant on a demon...an expensive, insidious and deadly demon.

You should be vigilant no matter who is around, homeless - housed, rich or poor, addicted or clean - thieves are thieves - why did Winona Ryder steal from a department store when she was/is a very wealthy Hollywood actress?

Who runs the war on drugs? is the war on drugs over? who allows the deadly drugs on our streets? who produces the deadly drugs? who is in control?

Those, who for what ever reason succumb to deadly drugs need help, not hatred and blame.

We are ALL responsible.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

alanjh595 wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:Where do you suggest the homeless human beings live?
Anywhere protection from the weather is provided, free of charge.

These ARE tourist towns, and tourists come here to get away to an area where they don't have to personally inspect the playgrounds before their kids walk in the park. Who would allow their kids to splash in a creek where there is a homeless camp upstream?

The city counsel has bent over and taken a firm grip upon their ankles to take whatever the homeless want. FREE housing, subsidized/easy access to drugs, a safe place to do their drugs, free medical services, welfare delivered to them in person, free and plentiful food, tax free income for those that don't mind night shift. NOW add to that, free heat, laundry services, safe and secure residences, water, sewer, and access to internet and personal office staff.

Meanwhile, us taxpayers are footing the bill and have to make sure that the contents in our cars are out of view/temptation of theives, have to pay higher insurance rates for the contents of our homes, have to arm ourselves from intruders in our garages at night.
That's what it's all about? The homeless get to, "live a better quality of life and gain some self esteem and confidence to find hope for their future by not being labeled as a nobody who doesn't deserve to exist".
So the rest of us have live in fear of losing our stuff or being physically harmed by some whacked out homeless junkie that just wants $5 more to get him/her through the next hour?

When they are no longer here and we do not have to pay for them. The FREE ride is over, time to get off and move on. I am sick of paying and living in fear for myself, my family, and my property.

AND, I cannot stand the current bleeding heart characters that are encouraging these people to continue down the path that have chosen for themselves. There IS HELP for those that are homeless due to no fault of their own making. My problem is with those that choose that lifestyle. I have no sympathy for them, at all.

So, WE should leave town (that we built and paid for) and leave it all to the poor homeless people ? They can't even pay the annual taxes.

No, try becoming a real human being, compassion intact - fear and greed tossed into the abyss and make an effort to learn about individuals as opposed to pigeon holing human beings into your small minded ideas about life.

If truth be told, most of the prowlers and thieves at night are rich kids from the mission with nothing better to do.

To promote the idea that thieves are homeless junkies is folly.

Narrow mindedness is the cause of yours and your families fear, not the addicted homeless.

figure it out.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Because_They_Lie wrote:No, try becoming a real human being, compassion intact - fear and greed tossed into the abyss and make an effort to learn about individuals as opposed to pigeon holing human beings into your small minded ideas about life.
If truth be told, most of the prowlers and thieves at night are rich kids from the mission with nothing better to do.
Talk about pigeon holing someone based upon the geography of where they live. You are no better than the ones that you speak out about and chastise in public.
What evidence do you have to support your claim?

To promote the idea that thieves are homeless junkies is folly.
I don't have to promote the idea, it is a well documented fact, check the records of the people on the daily court records, it's right there and fully viewable for free, over the internet. Go ahead, look......Let me make it really easy for you, here's the link https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/c ... ySearch.do

Narrow mindedness is the cause of yours and your families fear, not the addicted homeless.

Since I have beaten, stomped, left bfor dead, bleeding in my own house, robbed of all of my tools of my trade, had my door kicked in, tires slashed, and truck windows smashed to steal a couple of CDs......You DAMN right! I live in fear.

I go to Safeway and have to hit my remote door lock 4 times during my 20 minute visit, just to make sure.

figure it out.
Last edited by alanjh595 on Dec 7th, 2017, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”