O.K.Centre across from the old store ?

Tootsie
Board Meister

O.K.Centre across from the old store ?

Post by Tootsie »

There seems to be a lot of action on the beach area across from the old store in O.K. Centre. I haven't had a chance to ask City Hall what's going on...too many doctor appts, etc. this week. Lots of equipment and digging going on. District of Lake Country website tells me nothing. Lots of people walk along there every day - just wondered if anyone reading this knows?

I don't know if this has something to do with the utility lines or ???? Seems the digging is continuing quite a bit south of the little parking area where the historical sign is. It almost looks like they're clearing trees to make a walking path.
I hope not - I thought the foreshore was supposed to be preserved.

Plus pretty stupid to spend a lot of money (which the district doesn't have!) on a walking path that this year was under water for months. But it IS the district of Lake Country - nothing would surprise me.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: O.K.Centre across from the old store ?

Post by RVThereYet »

Tootsie wrote:There seems to be a lot of action on the beach area across from the old store in O.K. Centre. I haven't had a chance to ask City Hall what's going on...too many doctor appts, etc. this week. Lots of equipment and digging going on. District of Lake Country website tells me nothing. Lots of people walk along there every day - just wondered if anyone reading this knows?

I don't know if this has something to do with the utility lines or ???? Seems the digging is continuing quite a bit south of the little parking area where the historical sign is. It almost looks like they're clearing trees to make a walking path.
I hope not - I thought the foreshore was supposed to be preserved.

Plus pretty stupid to spend a lot of money (which the district doesn't have!) on a walking path that this year was under water for months. But it IS the district of Lake Country - nothing would surprise me.

Maybe they're making the beach more accessible and larger? Pebble (just over from there) can get pretty crowded at times. They put in some swim platforms at that beach last year so maybe this is all part of that? But I don't know for sure, just speculating..
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Sheesh! Apparently it IS a walking path ! Sigh ! :dash: Why do I even TRY to figure things out anymore in Lake Country. We don't have money to pay for a rail trail, we don't have money to fix any of the roads - - - yet remarkably we HAVE money to spend on a walking path that has a good chance of getting washed away.
But yet a parcel tax has been added to every household ! *bleep* !

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure people will enjoy these things HOWEVER we DO have to PAY for them. This council is like a 21 yr old with his first credit card. Buy all the fancy toys and then when it comes time to figure out how to pay for all of it the light goes on. Or apparently DOESN'T in this case !
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Tootsie wrote:Sheesh! Apparently it IS a walking path ! Sigh ! :dash: Why do I even TRY to figure things out anymore in Lake Country. We don't have money to pay for a rail trail, we don't have money to fix any of the roads - - - yet remarkably we HAVE money to spend on a walking path that has a good chance of getting washed away.
But yet a parcel tax has been added to every household ! *bleep* !

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure people will enjoy these things HOWEVER we DO have to PAY for them. This council is like a 21 yr old with his first credit card. Buy all the fancy toys and then when it comes time to figure out how to pay for all of it the light goes on. Or apparently DOESN'T in this case !

I agree. A council run by irresponsible idiots. RDCO should manage it. Devolve DLC asap. Morons. They have proven themselves to be financially incompetent.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

And what happened to the big Foreshore Plan thing that was done years ago? The money that went into surveying the residents of Lake Country. That big *bleep* survey that was mailed to all residents of Lake Country had to have cost a few bucks. Many here probably don't remember it. The result: Nope - don't disrupt anything on the foreshore. We need to preserve the beach area. People that had little tiny "beach this way" signs erected - well those were torn away proclaiming "we have to preserve the area, keep it in it's natural state".
Natural state my *bleep* !
Hell no - apparently not now - foreshore be damned. Let's just spend more money we don't HAVE putting in stuff for leisure activity. I'm not against that - - - if we had the money.

But how about we look after the residents of Lake Country first - make sure their roads are safe to walk and drive on. Leisure stuff is fine and good and I'm supportive of - IF ...big big big IF we have the funds to pay for it .

We DON'T have the money ! What don't they get !!!!!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Tootsie wrote:And what happened to the big Foreshore Plan thing that was done years ago? The money that went into surveying the residents of Lake Country. That big *bleep* survey that was mailed to all residents of Lake Country had to have cost a few bucks. Many here probably don't remember it. The result: Nope - don't disrupt anything on the foreshore. We need to preserve the beach area. People that had little tiny "beach this way" signs erected - well those were torn away proclaiming "we have to preserve the area, keep it in it's natural state".
Natural state my *bleep* !
Hell no - apparently not now - foreshore be damned. Let's just spend more money we don't HAVE putting in stuff for leisure activity. I'm not against that - - - if we had the money.

But how about we look after the residents of Lake Country first - make sure their roads are safe to walk and drive on. Leisure stuff is fine and good and I'm supportive of - IF ...big big big IF we have the funds to pay for it .

We DON'T have the money ! What don't they get !!!!!

They don't respect the OCP.

They don't respect the community sector plans.

The best thing that could happen to Lake Country is a community uprising, a vote of no confidence, and a demand from the public for DLC to respect all OCP and sector plans.

DLC is out of control and needs reigning in. Accountability to the public. They have forgotten who serves who.

RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

I took a walk down there today. Looks like they cut down a bunch of trees, brought in some dirt and made a big, wide, smooth walking path the goes from the store south to the museum. Looks ok I guess. But it was much better the way it was before. More natural with more trees and vegetation. What a waste of money!
I certainly hope they don't plan to do that to the rest of the route that runs along the lake front.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

What is this district doing to our beautiful foreshore!!!!!! So sad seeing all the tree root stumps sitting near the road waiting to be carted away ! There used to be some spectacular wild golden link trees (laburnum) growing that would put on quite the show every spring. Guess we can't have that anymore can we! :-X

District of Lake Country you lied !!!!! LEAVE THE FORESHORE ALONE !!!!!! Your grand study said you'd do it ! You paid all that money for that big survey years ago and the people said leave it alone. The so-called environmental experts said leave it alone. Yet you continue to do dumb *bleep* things that go against what you said you would do !!!!!

:thumbsdown: STOP SPENDING STUPID MONEY !!!!!

Sad thing is it's probably not the end of it - the signs say it's Phase One.

I want to know where the sam hell is this money coming from to do this !!!!!! Apparently we don't have money to fix the roads, our water bills keep climbing as well as taxes. Yet they do *bleep* like this !!!! :swear:
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Not Bob »

Cleaning it up so they can sell it to pay back the money they borrowed from Kelowna.
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Tootsie wrote:What is this district doing to our beautiful foreshore!!!!!! So sad seeing all the tree root stumps sitting near the road waiting to be carted away ! There used to be some spectacular wild golden link trees (laburnum) growing that would put on quite the show every spring. Guess we can't have that anymore can we! :-X

District of Lake Country you lied !!!!! LEAVE THE FORESHORE ALONE !!!!!! Your grand study said you'd do it ! You paid all that money for that big survey years ago and the people said leave it alone. The so-called environmental experts said leave it alone. Yet you continue to do dumb *bleep* things that go against what you said you would do !!!!!

:thumbsdown: STOP SPENDING STUPID MONEY !!!!!

Sad thing is it's probably not the end of it - the signs say it's Phase One.

I want to know where the sam hell is this money coming from to do this !!!!!! Apparently we don't have money to fix the roads, our water bills keep climbing as well as taxes. Yet they do *bleep* like this !!!! :swear:

If you want change then vote out these inept hillbilly rotbags.

But last time round the turkeys of Lake Country still voted for Christmas.

youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

lightspeed wrote:If you want change then vote out these inept hillbilly rotbags.

Such strong and vitriolic language. If you think you can do better, try, or just vote for someone different. Not all of us agree with your whining and complaining.

If our council are 21 year olds with their first credit cards, then I'm guess you're a toddler having a tantrum ?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

youjustcomplain wrote:
lightspeed wrote:If you want change then vote out these inept hillbilly rotbags.

Such strong and vitriolic language. If you think you can do better, try, or just vote for someone different. Not all of us agree with your whining and complaining.

If our council are 21 year olds with their first credit cards, then I'm guess you're a toddler having a tantrum ?

You sound like one of the turkeys. You got what you voted for. Good luck.

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:135: Uh...topic? O.K.Centre across from the old store ?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

ferri wrote::135: Uh...topic? O.K.Centre across from the old store ?

O.K. Centre = Okanagan Centre (Lake Country), discussion is about "improvements" being made by the DLC to walking path near the beach across from the old OK Centre Store. Improvements in "quotation marks" as some may disagree that what's being done is actually for the betterment of that area.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.0483605, ... 312!8i6656

Return to “Central Okanagan”