B.C. Supreme Court orders end to Vancouver modular-housing

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

B.C. Supreme Court orders end to Vancouver modular-housing

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-supreme-court-orders-end-to-vancouver-housing-protest/article37219138/

"Luo Bingshin of Caring Citizens of Vancouver Society, a coalition representing some Marpole residents but not all protesters on the site, said in an e-mail that the group wants the mayor to sit down and consult with them to find a quick and reasonable solution.

"We are disappointed that Mayor Gregor Robertson and Vision Vancouver are using bullying tactics such as an injunction on a peaceful protest that is requesting for a public hearing and consultation," the e-mail said. "This is yet another example of reckless and hasty decision making by Mayor Robertson to bypass democratic rights of Vancouverites."

Yup, there goes bicycle Gregor and his NDP junior varsity Vision party being totalitarian.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. Supreme Court orders end to Vancouver modular-housi

Post by maryjane48 »

Protesting low income housing. Is not going to cut in vancouver . If it was me i be slapping more tax on the morons protesting and send them home with tail between legs :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

maryjane48 wrote:Protesting low income housing. Is not going to cut in vancouver . If it was me i be slapping more tax on the morons protesting and send them home with tail between legs :130:

Yup - there you go, the orange tin foil hat uber left approves of totalitarianism. You just proved it!

Did you consider that those folks are taxpayers, and are entitled to due process? Did you consider that goofus Gregor is trying to foist the homeless from his precious downtown core on Marpole? Did you consider that those folks have kids to protect? Did you consider that the property values of those folks homes just took an absolute beating?

No. You just put on the orange tinfoil hat and say NDP = good. No it isn't in this case.

Gregor is being a complete jerk trying to rush to cover up his malfeasance in his failure to maintain the Vancouver policy of 20% social housing that has been in place since 1988. Gregor the phony goof let drop to 8% because he wanted the money for his stupid bicycle paths. Really? You have money for stupid bicycle paths but not social housing? What a jerk!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

maryjane48 wrote:Protesting low income housing. Is not going to cut in vancouver . If it was me i be slapping more tax on the morons protesting and send them home with tail between legs :130:

And, as with virtually every other case where you start topics like this, everyone can be very glad it is *not* you that is handling this situation.
You and 71 others Like this post
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

You are a fascist. True colors are shown.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Definitely anyone siding with Gregor and his Gestapo here is a fascist. It's clear as day. Shame on you Gregor. It's high time that guy was booted out and someone with some brains installed as mayor of Vancouver. Gregor's Gestapo Vision Party has passed it's best before date.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Yup - there you go, the orange tin foil hat uber left approves of totalitarianism. You just proved it!

Did you consider that those folks are taxpayers, and are entitled to due process? Did you consider that goofus Gregor is trying to foist the homeless from his precious downtown core on Marpole? Did you consider that those folks have kids to protect? Did you consider that the property values of those folks homes just took an absolute beating?

No. You just put on the orange tinfoil hat and say NDP = good. No it isn't in this case.

Gregor is being a complete jerk trying to rush to cover up his malfeasance in his failure to maintain the Vancouver policy of 20% social housing that has been in place since 1988. Gregor the phony goof let drop to 8% because he wanted the money for his stupid bicycle paths. Really? You have money for stupid bicycle paths but not social housing? What a jerk

Eell lets see how hypocritical you really are. Is kinder morgan and feds bullying bc
With regards to. Protesting pipeline ? Was. Clark and bclibs bchydro bullying. Protesters in regards to site c ?

They are exact same or do you want to remain biased towards what you want to pick and choose ?

Its time the drug war ended for good .them protesters in south vancouver want to keep the drug war going . So you can call me all the childish names you want :130: but facts are im on the side of good while you not so much :smt045
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed* :-X
Last edited by ferri on Dec 8th, 2017, 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Can we also tax the pipeline and dam protesters?

Supporting free speech and peaceful protest means you support it if the message isn't one you like.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

maryjane48 wrote:Yup - there you go, the orange tin foil hat uber left approves of totalitarianism. You just proved it!

Gregor is being a complete jerk trying to rush to cover up his malfeasance in his failure to maintain the Vancouver policy of 20% social housing that has been in place since 1988. Gregor the phony goof let drop to 8% because he wanted the money for his stupid bicycle paths. Really? You have money for stupid bicycle paths but not social housing? What a jerk

Eell lets see how hypocritical you really are. Is kinder morgan and feds bullying bc
With regards to. Protesting pipeline ? Was. Clark and bclibs bchydro bullying. Protesters in regards to site c ?

They are exact same or do you want to remain biased towards what you want to pick and choose ?

Its time the drug war ended for good .them protesters in south vancouver want to keep the drug war going . So you can call me all the childish names you want :130: but facts are im on the side of good while you not so much :smt045

Entirely different situations. And you know it.

There were tons of opportunities presented for the various stakeholders to have input in the other decisions, public hearings, studies, agreements with FNs, and even the SCOC challenges to the processes failed.

The idiotic phony Gregor Robertson and his junior varsity NDP, Vision, just got caught NOT doing their jobs properly. That crew of incompetents are at least 50% responsible for the lack of social housing in Vancouver, and they are madly rushing about spending PROVINCIAL taxpayer $$$ to cover up their malfeasance. With "temporary" junk housing to boot! They are building a slum in Marpole to kick "the great unwashed" out of their elitist bicycle city core. It is obvious.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/housing-vancouver-strategy-i-want-to-believe-in-miracles/article37169583/

"If you suspend your disbelief, fill yourself with nothing but positive intentions, and persuade a Jedi pal to wipe the past 10 years from your memory, you'll find a lot to love in the Housing Vancouver strategy approved by city council this week."

Yup, and who WAS front and center in the past 10 years in Vancouver? The junior varsity NDP - Vision and the bicycle clown Gregor. Yup, they allowed Vancouver social housing which by policy was supposed to be 20% of the stock to fall to 8%. Yup, they allowed developers to willy-nilly tear down rental housing and build "for sale" condos.

Who controlled housing strategy? Yup, the idiots Gregor and his junior varsity NDP-Vision - which included Horgan's right hand man Meggs! Who had lots of money for bicycle paths and other silly frills? The idiot Gregor and crew - but no money for social housing. Who allowed the building permit process to become an 8 month ordeal (while Surrey was approving permits to qualified builders in 10 days)? Idiot Gregor and crew.

Why? all of a sudden are Gregor and crew all concerned about housing strategy and suddenly they have all these "brilliant" ideas to fix it? Because their disingenuous and I suspect deliberate ignoring of the problem has them in big political trouble! They got away with lying to the people of Vancouver and just disingenuously pointing fingers at the provincial and federal governments while they frittered away $$$millions and $$$millions on pet projects.

Why is Meggs sitting as Horgan's right hand man? I suspect because Meggs (and Horgan) knew that Meggs was toast in the civic election. So Meggs gets to take his incompetence to Victoria, where the voters can't get at him! Lovely, so now Meggs, who was a big part of the complete debacle in Vancouver, is now bringing his incompetence to the whole province!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/city-of-vancouver-modular-housing-consultations-1.4438974

If you listen the interview, it becomes clear that Gregor and his gang of junior varsity NDP-Vision thugs are taking a completely totalitarian approach. They have already decided where the temporary modular housing for homeless people is going, and the residents who are effected get precisely ZERO say in that.

"There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix".

The residents of Marpole have been shut out and trampled upon by Gregor and crew. Many of them paid a premium (considerable) to live in a quiet residential neighborhood with schools and a nice character. Gregor is putting what has the potential to become a slum right in the middle of that. "Poof" there goes what?$100,00? $200,000? More? off their property values - but you can BET that their taxes won't be going down!

I have a better idea Gregor. What's YOUR address? Let's build them in YOUR backyard. That way you can say, "see, I have them right next door to me and it is fine". Now that would be leadership - but has as much chance of happening as me winning the LottoMax...

Advocates for the homeless are already decrying the temporary modular housing as a cop out. They say the city and the province are abrogating the responsibility for permanent social housing. Yup, they are right. Gregor and his crew of junior varsity NDP-Vision have abrogated their responsibility for social housing for a decade - too busy spending the $$$ on stupid bicycle paths and phony "greenest city in the world" utopianism.

No wonder Vancouver has fallen to rub shoulders with Karachi in the livable city rankings.

Return to “B.C.”