What's with all the morons parking in Handicap spots ?

Home of the traffic rant.
Tootsie
Board Meister

What's with all the morons parking in Handicap spots ?

Post by Tootsie »

My mom is old. Really old. Over 90. When I take her shopping we need that parking spot. Lately she's been telling me about how often she sees people without the handicap stickers hogging the handicap spots. Today I saw if first hand. In a couple of different locations.

First - Orchard Park mall near Tim Hortons. Bleach blonde young bimbo gets into her big white Cadillac SUV parked in handicapped designated spot. Really honey ? Your Timmy's fix was THAT important? You couldn't have walked a few parking spaces over? And again at Walmart.

Does anyone know - do these places have people that patrol the lots and leave notes for these idiots ? I think I'm going to start leaving notes on windshields that say "Thanks for taking up the space that my 91 yr old mom could have used arseshole!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What's with all the morons parking in Handicap spots ?

Post by GordonH »

I've said it before, so I will say it again.... as :cuss: holes will always be as :cuss: holes
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Well they are mentally handicapped.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Tootsie wrote:My mom is old. Really old. Over 90. When I take her shopping we need that parking spot. Lately she's been telling me about how often she sees people without the handicap stickers hogging the handicap spots. Today I saw if first hand. In a couple of different locations.

First - Orchard Park mall near Tim Hortons. Bleach blonde young bimbo gets into her big white Cadillac SUV parked in handicapped designated spot. Really honey ? Your Timmy's fix was THAT important? You couldn't have walked a few parking spaces over? And again at Walmart.

Does anyone know - do these places have people that patrol the lots and leave notes for these idiots ? I think I'm going to start leaving notes on windshields that say "Thanks for taking up the space that my 91 yr old mom could have used arseshole!"

How do you know her hair is bleached? LOL

I’m just going to leave this here...

C1AC3CD6-0235-4D7A-9D06-A9C9FD342DC9.jpeg

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38733&hilit=RCMP+Tim+Hortons+handicapped
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

90.. good for her! People can be selfish, plus doesn't help some places have so much signage ( Handicapped Parking, Expectant Mothers, Family, people who's name starts with the letter H) that ppl stop paying any heed.
Not everyone grows common sense in their garden.
Doesn't seem like the lots enforce the parking restrictions much.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It seems these types always have the excuse that they were only there for a few minutes.

Well maybe if their vehicles were "booted" until they either paid a fine or proved they were legally entitled to park there it might stop some of them.

Inconvenience is an excellent teacher.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Lets not forget Kelowna resident Ronald Hudson.

I hope this :cuss: is still wearing this little episode from a few years back.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/72791/Hummer-parking-sparks-mass-outrage
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Tootsie wrote:My mom is old. Really old. Over 90. When I take her shopping we need that parking spot. Lately she's been telling me about how often she sees people without the handicap stickers hogging the handicap spots. Today I saw if first hand. In a couple of different locations.

at 91 your mother should be riding the bus ,still no excuse for parking in handicap spots tho
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Zero reason for a 90 year old to have to take the bus if there are other options (I am thinking she wasn't driving anyway).

As far as the police vehicle parked in the spot (photo above), the officer was working and was ticketed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LTD wrote:at 91 your mother should be riding the bus

My Mom is 93 and there is no way she could take a city bus anywhere! She could not walk to the bus stop and then to where she was going let alone carry groceries (or anything else) to and from. You really have no idea on this at all.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

ya I have no idea because ya know I don't have a mother, what a stupid comment guess I shouldn't be to surprised, my point is at 91 years old she most likely isn't driving and I happen to know more than one person over 90 that is more than capable of taking a bus. By the way if youre driving your mother to the mall you have no right to park there either unless of course you have some form of disability yourself so most on here will probably qualify
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:ya I have no idea because ya know I don't have a mother, what a stupid comment guess I shouldn't be to surprised, my point is at 91 years old she most likely isn't driving and I happen to know more than one person over 90 that is more than capable of taking a bus.

And I know more than a few 80 years and up that aren't capable of doing so. Seriously? Think about it for a minute. Some have disabilities, mild strokes etc. that taking a bus would be impossible for them to handle their own groceries.

LTD wrote: By the way if youre driving your mother to the mall you have no right to park there either unless of course you have some form of disability yourself ...

Deleted the rude comment. You don't seem to understand who can use the placards. The person receiving it must be in the vehicle but they don't have to have a car. Look it up.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

oh I am well aware of that thanks however if you don't drive you wont have one and don't need one most people have the intelligence to drop someone off and park their vehicle instead of parking in a spot they don't need which really makes you no better than someone else parking there.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:oh I am well aware of that thanks however if you don't drive you wont have one and don't need one most people have the intelligence to drop someone off and park their vehicle instead of parking in a spot they don't need which really makes you no better than someone else parking there.

Oh good grief - it's allowed and I wouldn't drop off someone who has mobility issues and see if they can wing it. You clearly haven't dealt with those that require assistance.

Since you couldn't be bothered, here's the info:

A parking permit for people with disabilities ensures that when a person has mobility limitations, they can park in one of the designated parking spots throughout British Columbia. People with mobility limitations are entitled to a permit even if they do not own a vehicle. As long as the parking permit holder is either driving or being transported in the vehicle, a valid parking permit may be displayed on the rear view mirror when the vehicle is parked in a designated spot.

http://www.sparc.bc.ca/parking-permits/ ... rmit-faqs/
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

actually yes I have

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”