Have we lost our country yet?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
north49

Have we lost our country yet?

Post by north49 »

What has happened to Canada? Each day a new surprise. Who writes these Liberal speeches anyway? :200: :200:

December 7/2017 Liberal MP Hehr and the THALIDOMIDE SURVIVORS
The Liberal Minister for Disabilities is facing heavy criticism after Thalidomide survivors criticize him in a press conference.
As reported December 7th Kent Hehr is being heavily criticized after Thalidomide survivors said he made ‘insulting’ comments towards them in a meeting.
Among those reported comments were the following:
“You don’t have it as bad today as adults as you did when you were kids.”
“Everyone in Canada has a sob story. Lots of people have it bad in Canada— disabled people, poor people, not just you.”
“So, you probably have about 10 years left now. That’s good news for the Canadian government.”

From the mouth of Kent Hehr MP, Minister of Disabilities.
Another fail from our Liberal government??
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Have we lost our country yet?

Post by Hassel99 »

Your headline is overly dramatic and reduces the impact on your point. Also the comments stated are not from a speech but a meeting.

I agree however that the comments from the minister, if true are stupid, and insensitive.
north49

Re: Have we lost our country yet?

Post by north49 »

Hassel99 wrote:Your headline is overly dramatic and reduces the impact on your point. Also the comments stated are not from a speech but a meeting.

I agree however that the comments from the minister, if true are stupid, and insensitive.

The minister's comments were posted as a video which I was able to view and shows him reading those comments. Is it not enough to be construed as true? Or do you just doubt any comments that cast a negative light on Liberals? Just seeking the truth out there.

Return to “Social Concerns”