Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by maryjane48 »

Graham Adder wrote:RCMP are completely and utterly useless in these case.
That's been my personal experience x 5.
5 times I've relied on the RCMP to do what they are expected to do and not once have they done a damn thing.
I've done all the follow-up, and they have done none.
That's the truth, and not isolated.

I keep a heavy coat at the front door closet.
In one sleeve is a baseball bat.
I don't lean it in the corner, as an intruder looks there first.
In my night table I keep bear spray and a knife. Behind the bedpost is another baseball bat.

My vehicles are now fortified including hidden shut off switches so they cannot be started.
I also have audio surveillance so I will be alerted to the sound of break ins.

When.
Not if.
When I get targeted again, I'm ready to protect myself, my family and my property.
When I am targeted again, you'll read about it on Castanet.

I've been in contact with all my neighbors, and a few of the men have requested that when SHTF, they want me to either rap on their door, or yell loud enough for them to wake. They're gonna get my back.

That's what things have come to. You need to look after yourself and your property, because our current system of protection and law is so foul, so flawed and so completely useless, that we've come full circle.

Welcome to the wild, wild, west, reloaded.

Pity the foooo......

And off to jail you go
ladydi58

Post by ladydi58 »

Re: why people leave wallets, credit cards etc in vehicles. Well in my daughters defence- she was very pregnant-overdue actually
guess one could call it" pregnancy brain fog"- she's a very intelligent individual who simply made a mistake-unlike the individual who wasn't satisfied he was able to steal a credit card-he was in pursuit of more- simple greed- and once again I don't believe these individuals all do drugs-they certainly have enough brains to use the cards right away - feed their bellies and fill their gas tanks so they can strike once again!
A lesson learned!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

ladydi58 wrote:Re: why people leave wallets, credit cards etc in vehicles. Well in my daughters defence- she was very pregnant-overdue actually
guess one could call it" pregnancy brain fog"- she's a very intelligent individual who simply made a mistake-unlike the individual who wasn't satisfied he was able to steal a credit card-he was in pursuit of more- simple greed- and once again I don't believe these individuals all do drugs-they certainly have enough brains to use the cards right away - feed their bellies and fill their gas tanks so they can strike once again!
A lesson learned!

All indications that these were experienced thieves. They have done it before and will do it again, and again.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

maryjane48 wrote:
Graham Adder wrote:RCMP are completely and utterly useless in these case.
That's been my personal experience x 5.
5 times I've relied on the RCMP to do what they are expected to do and not once have they done a damn thing.
I've done all the follow-up, and they have done none.
That's the truth, and not isolated.

I keep a heavy coat at the front door closet.
In one sleeve is a baseball bat.
I don't lean it in the corner, as an intruder looks there first.
In my night table I keep bear spray and a knife. Behind the bedpost is another baseball bat.

My vehicles are now fortified including hidden shut off switches so they cannot be started.
I also have audio surveillance so I will be alerted to the sound of break ins.

When.
Not if.
When I get targeted again, I'm ready to protect myself, my family and my property.
When I am targeted again, you'll read about it on Castanet.

I've been in contact with all my neighbors, and a few of the men have requested that when SHTF, they want me to either rap on their door, or yell loud enough for them to wake. They're gonna get my back.

That's what things have come to. You need to look after yourself and your property, because our current system of protection and law is so foul, so flawed and so completely useless, that we've come full circle.

Welcome to the wild, wild, west, reloaded.

Pity the foooo......

And off to jail you go

I have zero problem going to jail over protecting what's mine.
And I won't pay whatever fine they give me.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Being pregnant is a poor excuse for leaving a credit card in a vehicle.
A credit card should be properly managed.
If you have no physical control over it it can become a free for all pretty easily.
It should be treated as cash.

I often read on social media about peeps who leave a wallet or a purse in a vehicle just to have it stolen.
What did they expect to have happen?

People have to take whatever steps necessary to protect themselves.
Even the rcmp and your financial institution tells you not to leave them in your vehicle.
I don't buy the pregnant excuse. It's pretty lame.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mnprochnau
Banned

Post by mnprochnau »

its all really funny if you think about it said person gets ripped off due to their own stupidity. I bet the insurance company see's it that way as well. No matter what happens I bet their premiums go up
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

maryjane48 wrote:
And off to jail you go

NOT

Return to “Central Okanagan”