Bathrooms to be inclusive

dirtguy
Board Meister

Re: Bathrooms to be inclusive

Post by dirtguy »

Come on people, no one is saying they are gonna have giant communal bathrooms.... they will be single room bathrooms with locks on the main door. This is a non issue to everyone but the delicate little snowflakes
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

Since this is really about single stall bathrooms (one goes in, locks the door, does what needs doing, and leaves), what is the signage that needs to be changed to make it inclusive? I guess I've never paid more attention to the signs on a bathroom more than a quick glance, and I don't think I've come across many, if any, single stall rooms that were gender specific. I'm not sure why the city needs to spend money to make the signage inclusive, when the nature of a single stall bathroom is already rather inclusive.
Last edited by SuperMom on Dec 8th, 2017, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Speaking of washrooms, what’s with the odd design of the men’s room at Urban Fare? It’s huge and seems to be begging for two customers, one awkwardly staring at the guy using the urinal. :132:
I am... the law!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Zoso wrote:You have to be a pc robot to speak in public anymore , but don't be sad poor little humans ,You are special for who you are .

Not even close. It's just that some people want to be special snowflakes that are able to say whatever stupid crap they want to without facing repercussions or being criticized.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

dirtguy wrote:Come on people, no one is saying they are gonna have giant communal bathrooms.... they will be single room bathrooms with locks on the main door. This is a non issue to everyone but the delicate little snowflakes

Agreed.

I am about as far from being a SJW as you can possibly get but I honestly do not understand what the fuss on this issue is all about. I never understood why single person bathrooms were ever identified male or female in the first place. Now there is talk of making them "gender neutral" and all of a sudden its a big deal for some? Why?

If we were talking about large communal public washrooms being gender neutral then yes, that would be an issue but that's not what this is about.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:I like South Carolina approach. Use the bathroom that aligns with your birth certificate. I guess that makes me an intolerant bigot. Oh well

Or, we could just have communal toilets and be grown up about it. No need to be prudes with Victorian era attitudes. We really need to get over ourselves.

Anyway, I never realised that you were so self aware. Well done, though I think it takes more than one bigoted belief to really be considered an intolerant bigot, but at least you can realise it and owning up to it is a good start.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

monroe wrote:
Zoso wrote:I wouldnt want my wife with her hands full at a change table and have whoever brushing by her. You would have those problems either way ,but how do you argue anymore who isnt allowed in the female washroom , how dare anyone even question them after. On and on.

I get that. Its become a mine field.

Heres my issue -

And please correct me if my definition is out of whack. ..

Would it be correct to say that a "bisexual, transgender female" is defined as a male who has gone through gender reassignment surgery to become a woman but who is still sexually attracted to woman?

From a sexual preference standpoint, a second scenario would be the male transvestite who simply dresses up and is sexually attracted to women.

No way i would want my wife in a washroom with either of the above.

... and then you get the transgender females who physically and sexually identify with a female. Would you consider these people as a threat in a transgener/female multistall washroom?

I didn't think it would be possible to make my head hurt in this thread, but now you've gone and done it Monroe. :D

Okay, so if a "bisexual transgender female" who is still attracted to women, is in a bathroom with other women, there is a greater chance of a sexual assault or maybe a verbal overture, "honeeyyy I love you hair colour, are you available?" Isn't it up to the woman to say <whatever it is she's going to say> ?

It's like having say, gay women in the bathrooms right now, for other women. Sexually attracted to women or not, it doesn't mean she's hitting on straight women, even accidentally.

I don't see them as a threat unless personal space was being invaded. It's not different than washing your hands at the sink with other people beside you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

monroe wrote:
Rwede wrote:This is probably why I have a large, private yard, and pee there when I take the dog out to do his business. [icon_lol2.gif]

It's getting so crazy in this country, that we don't even know where we're allowed to do our most simple bodily functions anymore.

Agreed.

My wife and i look at our 3yr old son as a little petri dish. We're both really curious that, by the time hes of age, how his generation will see/accept the world.

Thankfully by then, ill be retired and living in relative seclusion. :D

I'm 100% sure you two are full blooded males identifying with "he, him, his" and not the new "they" a pronoun to cover transgender. Having said that, I see plenty of bathroom still labeled "Men" and take it you two would fit in there quite comfortably. What is really going on the way I see it is for those who are transgender. THEY don't know where they can do the bodily functions. You two are covered.

As for peeing in the back forty, who hasn't done that outdoors? :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Speaking of washrooms, what’s with the odd design of the men’s room at Urban Fare? It’s huge and seems to be begging for two customers, one awkwardly staring at the guy using the urinal. :132:

You know theres a lock on the door right? Use it!
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Funny you should say that Hmmm, because I often see broken locks on the damned stall doors. Or little tiny hooks where one big shoulder to the stall door would break it like glass.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Hmmm wrote:
Ptolemy Soter wrote:Speaking of washrooms, what’s with the odd design of the men’s room at Urban Fare? It’s huge and seems to be begging for two customers, one awkwardly staring at the guy using the urinal. :132:

You know theres a lock on the door right? Use it!

[icon_lol2.gif]
Of course I use the lock.
I am... the law!

Return to “Central Okanagan”