BC company firefighting in California

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

BC company firefighting in California

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.facebook.com/Coulson-Aviati ... 434840624/

For those who want to follow waynes company fighting the fires in southern california,.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: BC company firefighting in california

Post by Dizzy1 »

They have a contract with the State of California. As well as other jurisdictions.

Curious. Has the NDP formulated a contract with Coulson for next season here in BC yet?

Didn't think so.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Are they using the Mars bomber? I don't see mention of it.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Nope..
https://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/ ... nia-fires/
Vancouver Island-based Coulson sends two C-130 aircraft to fight fires
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Dizzy1 wrote:They have a contract with the State of California. As well as other jurisdictions.

Curious. Has the NDP formulated a contract with Coulson for next season here in BC yet?

Didn't think so.

That would require on the NDP's part the ability to make a decision. [icon_lol2.gif]

The Mars aircraft is probably being repainted orange with brown stripes, to make it more appealing during the negotiation process, designed to extract monies from the provincial chest. Unfortunately for Coulson however, the NDP party's unpaid debts get dibs. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

LordEd wrote:Are they using the Mars bomber? I don't see mention of it.

No.they have 737 and other craft .not sure the models
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Dizzy1 wrote:Curious. Has the NDP formulated a contract with Coulson for next season here in BC yet?

Just looking at rates: In Canada the mars was a daily rate of $15,000 and $6000 CDN per hour. It did fly 8 hours this year of which 4 hours was ferry time to and from a fire. VERY expensive water dropped on a fire.

In the States the 130 Herc was on contract in California for $33,000.00 daily rate and $7000 USD per flight hour. Coulson's 130's all have US registration. The rates in US dollars are what drives Coulson to fly in the States compared to here. If Coulson is trying to dictate to the BC government the rates they deserve/want and BC does not want to bite with our tax dollars, all the luck to Coulson to look for work elsewhere.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Just to add...

That 747 global super tankers is running on a "as and when" - $176,000 for the first three days after a call up and $16,500 per flight hour.

Yesterday on KTLA they suggested the DC 10 is running around $42,000 per flight hour all in.

Big bucks.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

seewood wrote:Just looking at rates: In Canada the mars was a daily rate of $15,000 and $6000 CDN per hour. It did fly 8 hours this year of which 4 hours was ferry time to and from a fire. VERY expensive water dropped on a fire.

In the States the 130 Herc was on contract in California for $33,000.00 daily rate and $7000 USD per flight hour. Coulson's 130's all have US registration. The rates in US dollars are what drives Coulson to fly in the States compared to here. If Coulson is trying to dictate to the BC government the rates they deserve/want and BC does not want to bite with our tax dollars, all the luck to Coulson to look for work elsewhere.

I get all that, just wondering if the OP is aware if the NDP has a contract in the works with Coulson, after all, according to her, it was all the BCLib's fault that Coulson wasn't here last year.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

LordEd wrote:Are they using the Mars bomber? I don't see mention of it.

And as I've previously stated it is time to put it in a museum. A few on Castanet argued, wrongly, about it's use here. California did not want it and it's not there. Smart, very smart.

I wonder if the cost that Coulson charges is only good for jurisdictions with a favorable dollar exchange? Or a favorable government that can't do math?
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Dizzy1 wrote:I get all that, just wondering if the OP is aware if the NDP has a contract in the works with Coulson, after all, according to her, it was all the BCLib's fault that Coulson wasn't here last year.

Personally I'd say yes it was the Libs fault the Mars was not here last year. Fact of the matter is the Libs can do math and the price for liter dropped is way out of line with the Mars. When the NDG formed a government, and I use that word loosely, they gave Coulson an 8 hour contract and it flew from Sprout lake to the fire, made 4 drops and flew back without refueling. Impressive and all, but the taxpayer paid for 4 hours of ferry time, not dropping water like the smaller scoopers can and did do.
So, to me this is further confirmation the NDG cannot do math, just another waste of taxpayer dollars.
Put the thing in a museum.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

JagXKR wrote:I wonder if the cost that Coulson charges is only good for jurisdictions with a favorable dollar exchange? Or a favorable government that can't do math?

My money is on door number two. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

seewood wrote: When the NDG formed a government, and I use that word loosely, they gave Coulson an 8 hour contract and it flew from Sprout lake to the fire, made 4 drops and flew back without refueling.

Are you sure you're not talking about the 2015 fire season? If not, I wouldn't mind seeing a link to confirm the NDP government made any such contract. Here's the link from the 2015 season engagement. http://fireaviation.com/2015/07/19/mart ... -contract/

The other thing that I'd point out is that Coulson didn't have any say on where the plane was deployed to. The uproar in 2015 steamed around the fact there was a fire burning right above its parking spot on Sproat Lake. The plane never was built as a line builder - it was an initial attack piece.

As much as I love the Mars and am a "Team Coulson" t-shirt wearer - I agree the Mars' best before date has come and gone. Don't really feel its up to the public to tell Wayne what to do with it now, but even I'm not in favour of engaging it on a long term contract.

The only serious (adult) Coulson talks I'm aware of this year were around the operation of night flights.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Old Techie wrote:
JagXKR wrote:I wonder if the cost that Coulson charges is only good for jurisdictions with a favorable dollar exchange? Or a favorable government that can't do math?

My money is on door number two. :biggrin:

Yeah sure, silly California and Australia - falling for that nex gen stuff and S-61 night capabilities.

:smt045

(... but hey, Israel Chemicals Ltd. appreciates your ongoing support with the parroting of their talking points.)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Wayne already said the mars is being turned into a tourist plane .his 737 plus othr
Er fixed wing plus rotor are. Holding top the line tech for aerial firefighting .

As far bclibs. Conair donated to bclibs wayne didnt . No. Rocket science is needed in that regard as its. Clear as day to figure out how bclibs handed out contracts or approvals .

Im confident wayne and john are working something out so bc has night flight drop cabability as the bclibs ignoring of the report prepared helped get us to a bad situation.

Return to “B.C.”