Liberal MP mocks overweight people

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Liberal MP mocks overweight people

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Liberal MP mocked overweight individuals and they never got an apology

By Ali Taghva - December 6, 2017

A startling report in French-language paper Journal de Montreal shows Liberal MP Sherry Romanado once made disgusting and extremely bigoted comments in a Facebook post with regards to an overweight individual.

Although the post is from 2009, the context matters today. Romanado is currently involved in drawn-out battle over an offensive statement made by Conservative MP James Bezan.

As reported on by the NationalPost:

“At some point, Bezan and Romanado posed for a picture with an unidentified third person. As they did so, Bezan said, ‘This isn’t my idea of a threesome.’”

Now, we may all agree the comment was out of hand, and it seems Bezan agrees with us. Since then, he has tried to apologize in person, then in writing, then in public.

In total, the National Post found Bezan had apologized five times and taken a sensitivity class. It is perhaps also worth mentioning that The Globe and Mail found that Bezan had been cleared by the Chief Human Resource Officer, as they could find no credible circumstance of sexual harassment.

snip

Romanado’s comments were crasser and longer in nature. They show far more hatred, and come from a far darker place.

So I have to ask: When will overweight Canadians get their apology?

Likely never.

As with many of the Liberal government’s actions, they are based on pushing a certain media image, while doing absolutely nothing to actually push policy forward. The party maintained this hypocritical line on electoral reform, military spending, their recent tax policies, and they are now doing it on social issues.

They are actively pretending to protect the least powerful within Canadian society, while, in reality, developing political capital to enrich themselves and their donors.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/liber ... t-apology/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Liberal MP mocks overweight people

Post by Jflem1983 »

Pay all the fatties 10 million. Government abused their rights. Gasp. Charter rights and freedoms violation. Pay pay pay.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 7th, 2017, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Oh boy. Justin's got another scandal on his hands.

Ms Romanado is a vile, foul-mouthed bigot who needs to be shown the door immediately. I'm sure, however, when this issue hits the Commons floor, Trudeau will respond with "We embrace people of all diversities."

Trudeau should suspend her immediately, but unlike Mr Harper who tolerated none of this kind of insensitive crap in his government, Trudeau will probably give Sherry a big hug.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The crickets in the Liberal echo chamber are deafening on this one. Why isn't Trudeau condemning his MP's disgusting bigotry? Silence on such behaviour is unbecoming for a person in his position.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Gone_Fishin wrote:The crickets in the Liberal echo chamber are deafening on this one. Why isn't Trudeau condemning his MP's disgusting bigotry? Silence on such behaviour is unbecoming for a person in his position.

People on this website consistently call Horgan fat - acceptable

Liberal MP calls someone fat - unnaceptable

No one cares that people who consistently call people fat and other horrible things are upset that some government worker called someone fat.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:The crickets in the Liberal echo chamber are deafening on this one. Why isn't Trudeau condemning his MP's disgusting bigotry? Silence on such behaviour is unbecoming for a person in his position.

People on this website consistently call Horgan fat - acceptable

Liberal MP calls someone fat - unnaceptable

No one cares that people who consistently call people fat and other horrible things are upset that some government worker called someone fat.

Do you not believe that the prime minister of this country and his lieutenants should be held to a higher standard than anonymous posters on a web forum? Not condoning either instance, just asking what we should expect from a person in the prime minister's position.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's because your ilk are the boy who cried wolf. Complain about things of substance and people might pay attention when it's something worthy of caring about. These comments are pretty gross of an elected official.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Do you not believe that the prime minister of this country and his lieutenants should be held to a higher standard than anonymous posters on a web forum? Not condoning either instance, just asking what we should expect from a person in the prime minister's position.

Lots of anonymous people hold important positions whether they be vocational or avocational. It's not acceptable for anyone to mock others; however, I still maintain it's silly for people who consistently trash-talk others to be upset about trash-talk coming from others. It's a perfect example of hypocrisy and these people shouldn't be taken seriously until they adhere to the standards they expect from others.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Well said ^^^^^^^^

Oh, and I pretty much trash talk everyone..

It's to show I care....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Do you not believe that the prime minister of this country and his lieutenants should be held to a higher standard than anonymous posters on a web forum? Not condoning either instance, just asking what we should expect from a person in the prime minister's position.

How did you refer to Duffy?
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=65836&p=1971666&hilit=+fat#p1971666
But to answer your question, yes, but I also refuse to take hypocrites seriously.

Return to “Canada”