Cannabis the Truth.

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Cannabis the Truth.

Post by Catsumi »

jimmy4321 wrote:The governments drug of choice is CASH and when they get a taste of this new found revenue they are gonna make it work.
Parties to the left and right will talk about safety, what about the children? yada yada yada all the time scheming to fill their pockets.
Just watch the news , provinces are fighting with the feds for a bigger piece of the pie because of this, because of that -It's all BS .

You nailed it perfectly: the government is addicted to CASH and will sell souls (ours) to get their paws on it. Befuddled fuddle ducked citizens will vote them in again as an added bonus.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LTD wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:Every place i been to ken has its,product tested by lab already and i have been to atleast. 20 [icon_lol2.gif] :smt045

no they don't

I didn't bite, half these places are ran by old pot heads.

They believe they can tell by smoking it just what the THC level is, I'm betting half of them do not have the knowledge nor the equipment to tell you the percentage of THC or CBD in the products they sell.

It is like the line you hear from potheads with a habit they attempt to justify. I know what I'm smokin, because I know my dealer. Ya right!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

The truth is that after 93 years of of prohibition, the government decided they were losing the drug/cultural war and decided to legalize it to make as much profit as they can. That's why the government wants the monopoly on marijuana. Obviously people who have grown for years should be able to participate in the sale of cannabis and not a bunch of liquor store bureaucrats who know nothing about the product. Cannabis Culture recently hired a lawyer and they are going to take it to the courts.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

capleton wrote:The truth is that after 93 years of of prohibition, the government decided they were losing the drug/cultural war and decided to legalize it to make as much profit as they can. That's why the government wants the monopoly on marijuana. Obviously people who have grown for years should be able to participate in the sale of cannabis and not a bunch of liquor store bureaucrats who know nothing about the product. Cannabis culture recently hired a lawyer and they are going to take it to the courts.

Exactly. The rules will change as colorado and wash state. Got it right for most part
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Here is something that was posted in the Colorado Springs Gazette, so the specifics of how and by whom pot is distributed, and what happens with the tax collected, may well be of less importance than the impact of legalization on our society.

VERY SOBERING REPORT AFTER 5 YEARS OF LEGALIZED WEED IN COLORADO.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 |Colorado Springs Gazette Opinion

Last week marked the fifth anniversary of Colorado's decision to sanction the world's first anything-goes commercial pot trade. Five years later, we remain an embarrassing cautionary tale.

Visitors toColorado remark about a new agricultural smell, the wafting odor of pot as they drive near warehouse grow operations alongDenver freeways. Residential neighborhoods throughoutColorado Springs reek of marijuana, as producers fill rental homes with plants.

Five years of retail pot coincide with five years of a homelessness growth rate that ranks among the highest rates in the country. Directors of homeless shelters, and people who live on the streets, tell us homeless substance abusers migrate here for easy access to pot.

Five years of Big Marijuana ushered in a doubling in the number of drivers involved in fatal crashes who tested positive for marijuana, based on research by the pro-legalization Denver Post.

Five years of commercial pot have been five years of more marijuana in schools than teachers and administrators ever feared. "An investigation by Education News Colorado, Solutions and the I-News Network shows drug violations reported by Colorado's K-12 schools have increased 45 percent in the past four years, even as the combined number of all other violations has fallen," explains an expose on escalating pot use in schools by Rocky Mountain PBS in late 2016. The investigation found an increase in high school drug violations of 71 percent since legalization. School suspensions for drugs increased 45 percent.

The National Survey on Drug Use and Health foundColorado ranks first in the country for marijuana use among teens, scoring well above the national average.

The only good news to celebrate on this anniversary is the dawn of another organization to push back against Big Marijuana's threat to kids, teens and young adults. The Marijuana Accountability Coalition formed Nov. 6 inDenver and will establish satellites throughout the state. It resulted from discussions among recovery professionals, parents, physicians and others concerned with the long-term effects of a commercial industry profiteering off of substance abuse.

"It's one thing to decriminalize marijuana, it's an entirely different thing to legalize an industry that has commercialized a drug that is devastating our kids and devastating whole communities," said coalition founder Justin Luke Riley. "Coloradans need to know, other states need to know, that Colorado is suffering from massive normalization and commercialization of this drug which has resulted in Colorado being the number one state for youth drug use in the country. Kids are being expelled at higher rates, and more road deaths tied to pot have resulted since legalization."

Commercial pot's five-year anniversary is an odious occasion for those who want safer streets, healthier kids and less suffering associated with substance abuse. Experts say the worst effects of widespread pot use will culminate over decades. If so, we can only imagine the somber nature of Big Marijuana's 25th birthday.

—Colorado Springs Gazette
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Treblehook wrote:VERY SOBERING REPORT AFTER 5 YEARS OF LEGALIZED WEED IN COLORADO.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 |Colorado Springs Gazette Opinion

Five years of commercial pot have been five years of more marijuana in schools than teachers and administrators ever feared. "An investigation by Education News Colorado, Solutions and the I-News Network shows drug violations reported by Colorado's K-12 schools have increased 45 percent in the past four years, even as the combined number of all other violations has fallen," explains an expose on escalating pot use in schools by Rocky Mountain PBS in late 2016. The investigation found an increase in high school drug violations of 71 percent since legalization. School suspensions for drugs increased 45 percent

Just what we need in Canada, it may not be a problem in 5 years although wait 20 years and we will have troubles! Then we can say how great we are, we legalized marijuana.

I feel we are putting the cart before the horse as they say. The ill effects are much greater then we can imagine. Think about it the proponents to legalize cannabis, will always find the Physicians who are pro cannabis.

No different then the oil companies who dig about to find environmentalist and biologists who will hold back damaging evidence so that the projects can move forth without the general public fighting them off.

Time will tell, I hope I'm incorrect on this one.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

In 2015, the legal marijuana industry in Colorado created more than 18,000 new full-time jobs and generated $2.4 billion in economic activity, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis of the economics of legal cannabis in the state.

The study, conducted by the economic consulting firm Marijuana Policy Group, is based on two years of sales numbers from the state of Colorado. It measured both the direct effects of legalization -- including close to $1 billion in retail sales in 2015 -- and the industry's spillover effects on the Colorado economy.

These indirect impacts of marijuana legalization came from increased demand on local goods and services: growers rent warehouse space and purchase sophisticating lighting and irrigation equipment, for instance. Marijuana retailers similarly rely on other companies, like contractors, lawyers and book-keeping services, to conduct their own businesses.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washing ... last-year/
2015 article in the New England Journal of Medicine states that legalizing medical marijuana in Colorado doesn't seem to have increased the prevalence of youth usage. While the percentage of kids who described marijuana as "highly risky" decreased after legalization, the percentage of students who reported ever trying marijuana decreased slightly as well

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.busines ... es-2016-11

A new report by the Drug Policy Alliance brings good news for the states considering legalization at the ballot on November 8, 2016, and the broader marijuana legalization movement. Since the adult possession of marijuana became legal, these states have benefitted from a dramatic decrease in marijuana arrests and convictions, as well as increased tax revenues. During the same period, these states did not experience increases in youth marijuana use or traffic fatalities.

“Marijuana prohibition has been a costly failure—to individuals, communities, and the entire country,” says Joy Haviland, staff attorney at the Drug Policy Alliance. “States that have chosen to legalize marijuana under state law should be praised for developing a smarter, more responsible approach to marijuana.”

Marijuana arrests have plummeted in the states that legalized marijuana, although disproportionate enforcement of marijuana crimes against black people continues.
Statewide surveys of youth in Colorado, Washington, Alaska, and Oregon found that there were no significant increases in youth marijuana use post-legalization.
Tax revenues in Colorado, Washington, and Oregon have all exceeded initial revenue estimates, totaling $552 million.
Legalization has not led to more dangerous road conditions, as traffic fatality rates have remained stable in Colorado, Washington, Alaska, and Oregon.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2016/10/ ... alaska-ore
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Ltd how do you know ? Lol all places i been to they get it tested .i know the labs and if you want to remain ignorant of the process then thats your choice :130:
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Colorado's issues are partly because it's the go to state for all things weed where as other states it remains illegal.
They have tourism specifically for weed. So people travel, then party, do dumb *bleep* then go home.

Canada won't have this issue so long as the provinces have sorta similar laws.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Crime
The incidents of marijuana-impaired driving are increasing. Drivers with active THC in their blood who were in a fatal driving accident have risen 122% from 2010 (16) to 2014 (23) according to the Washington State Traffic Safety Commission.
32,059 grams of illegally possessed marijuana were seized during the first nine months of 2015 off highways and interstates across Washington.
A strong relationships exists between crime and marijuana use, with a stark rise in marijuana related incidents following legalization, according to data provided by the Spokane Valley and Seattle police departments.
Cannabis grown in the Evergreen State is being illegally exported across America. Since legalization in 2012, Washington-grown marijuana was destined for 43 states across the United States, despite measures in the initiative that aimed at stopping it at state lines. 

Marijuana is being sold and moving through the mail. Since 2012, 320 pounds of Washington origin marijuana was seized via parcel detection.

Year 2014
Legalizing marijuana is the birth of the next tobacco industry. Like other drugs, the cost to society is much bigger than what any community is going to make in tax revenue. Some of the costs to society include
Treating marijuana addiction. 10% of those who try it become habitual users.
High school and college student use will rise quickly. Grades fall and athletes decline in health and their ability to continue in sports.
Creates greater promotion and access to the drug
Legitimizes the drug
Marijuana edibles attract young people by marketing a wholesome, healthy image. Many kids are simply not concerned about the effects of pot. (Bob Doyle, Smart Approaches to Marijuana, April 2014)

http://spokanecares.org/marijuana-legal ... alysis.php

Colorado shows negative impacts of legalizing marijuana
After recreational marijuana was legalized there, Colorado youth’s past-month use for 2013/2014 was 74 percent higher than the national average.

Impaired driving has increased. The number of Washington drivers with active THC in their blood in fatal driving accidents increased by more than 122 percent between 2010 and 2014 (Washington State Traffic Safety Commission). The percentage of Colorado vehicle operators who were found positive for marijuana increased from 7.88 percent in 2006 to 24.03 percent in 2014 (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Fatality Analysis Reporting System, 2006-2013; CDOT, 2014).

Poison control calls and emergency department visits have increased. Calls to Washington’s Poison Control Center related to marijuana-infused products increased 312.5 percent from 2012 to 2014, and calls related to marijuana oils increased by 850 percent. The Colorado Hospital Association reported that marijuana-related emergency room visits increased from 8,197 in 2011 to 18,255 in 2014.

https://www.idahopress.com/members/colo ... 2f4aa.html
Bring back the LIKE button.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Right now i can't count the number of times i've encountered idiots over the years coming in or out of the drivers seat stinking of pot entering a store etc., if those same people reeked of alcohol you could be certain people would report it. People actually choosing the vehicle as a safe place to smoke-most sure as hell wouldn't do that with alcohol.
Clearly people, especially young people feel safe taking that chance not because of the "marijuana vs alcohol what impairment is safer?" BS, but because it's far less likely they get charged with impairment under the influence of marijuana.

With new laws coming in i will bet there will be a HUGE increase of impairment charges of marijuana, not so much that' there's actually that much more impaired on the road but because these laws will help the police carry out their work.
That's why the only stats i'd be interested in would be year 2 over 1 and so forth AFTER legalization.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Right now i can't count the number of times i've encountered idiots over the years coming in or out of the drivers seat stinking of pot entering a store etc., if those same people reeked of alcohol you could be certain people would report it. People actually choosing the vehicle as a safe place to smoke-most sure as hell wouldn't do that with alcohol.
Clearly people, especially young people feel safe taking that chance not because of the "marijuana vs alcohol what impairment is safer?" BS, but because it's far less likely they get charged with impairment under the influence of marijuana.

With new laws coming in i will bet there will be a HUGE increase of impairment charges of marijuana, not so much that' there's actually that much more impaired on the road but because these laws will help the police carry out their work.
That's why the only stats i'd be interested in would be year 2 over 1 and so forth AFTER legalization.

But the rates of folks driving drunk is still high compared to cops catching folks driving and toking .and texting and driving is single most. Factor in crashes now
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

jimmy4321 wrote:Right now i can't count the number of times i've encountered idiots over the years coming in or out of the drivers seat stinking of pot entering a store etc., if those same people reeked of alcohol you could be certain people would report it. People actually choosing the vehicle as a safe place to smoke-most sure as hell wouldn't do that with alcohol.

I mean for most people I think its subjectively significantly less of an impairment than even the legal alcohol limit. Not to say its safe to drive on, safer than the alcohol legal amount sure, safer than most prescription pain killers absolutely. The best direct comparison is probably the 70+ year old people with slowed reaction times, generally dulled senses and a vague sense of confusion depending on the person. The analogy also works if you consider the studies showing high drivers using compensating methods such as driving slower and leaving extra room between vehicles to minimize dangerous situations that would require fast reaction time.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.mymnutraceuticals.com/

Its all coming together

Return to “Canada”