Fake news? Look to the right

Omnitheo
Guru

Fake news? Look to the right

Post by Omnitheo »

Right wing organization “project veritas” seeks to plant fake news to attempt to discredit real news.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/ ... ng-himself

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/ ... al-victims

In a series of interviews with Post reporters over two weeks, Phillips shared a false story about an alleged sexual relationship in 1992 with Moore, the Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Alabama. She said the relationship led to an abortion when she was 15. During the interviews, she repeatedly pressed Post reporters to give their opinions on the whether her claims could affect Moore’s candidacy if she went public.

But the Post didn’t run with this story. Instead, they checked it out. They were unable to verify any of Phillip’s claims and put off by frequent discrepancies in her story.

When Post reporters confronted her last Wednesday with inconsistencies in her story, as well as an Internet posting that raised doubts about her motivations, she insisted that she was not working with any organization that targets journalists.

Thankfully for the due diligence of real actual journalists (aka the people that the right wing has decided to start ignoring in favour of sensationalism, opinionists, and performance acts to sell lead ridden male supplements), the Washing ton Post did not fall for this trap.

What’s impressive though, is just how amazingly incompetent these trolls were. The woman in question had a go-fund-me campaign under her name for the direct purpose of “discrediting the media”

I’ve shared a video below that can explain this whole ludicrous story better than I could.

How low do you need to be? People on the right wing, indeed posters on these very forums have accused women of lying about Roy Moore’s sexual predation and assaults against them to suit their narrative. Well looks like they weren’t wrong, only the lies about sexual assault are coming from their own side.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Fake news? Look to the right

Post by Poindexter »

I wasn't entirely sure how they'd sink lower than preferring an accused pedophile to the other party but they did it.

This person decided that trying to provide basis for an right talking point was worth the price of her soul. Think about it, even if all had gone to plan and she managed to get her fake rape story published in the Washington Post, all she was going to do is brag that she made up. It's inconceivable how someone could think this was a good idea. It's so deranged it's hard to fathom.

I think what makes me even more disgusted about this is how the right's desire to gain political points was worth derailing how sexual assault victims are currently being empowered to come forward. Think it speaks volumes to the character of those who support Trump when monsters like this rise from their swamp.

It's also becoming more apparent when news like this reported, that the right isn't playing by the same rules as the rest of us, liberals or conservatives. I think one of the truly sad things is the hold Trump and the right currently has on true Conservatives. My hope is that sometime soon they'll realize as well that this type of thing doesn't represent them either.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Of course the right would do this. They defend the kkk and nazis . Im not surprised in the slightest :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Heres a,alt righter trying to man handle a female for grabbing a paper off his podium .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/us/lucian ... index.html
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Nov 29th, 2017, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack removed.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

The story of project Veritas

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-impos ... ct-veritas

Instead, right-wing sting artist James O’Keefe—who runs the handsomely funded, seven-year-old non-profit that personally paid him $317,000 in 2016—is brazenly celebrating his perfidy and raising money off of what would, in dimly remembered normal times, have been universally judged a humiliation.

In its brilliant investigation of O’Keefe’s suburban New York-based outfit, the Post conducted a reverse-sting operation, complete with the kind of hidden-camera confrontation that O’Keefe has made his bones on (prompting high-level firings at NPR and the unraveling of the left-wing organization ACORN years ago, among other notorious O’Keefe operations).
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: The story of project Veritas

Post by maryjane48 »

Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Chuck Lorre's vanity cards flash over the screen so quickly they're impossible to read but today I paused on one and read it. It was written in 2008 during George W. Bush's presidency about the manipulative use of repetition by Fox News to turn lie a into fact in the minds of it's viewers. It's a tactic they haven't deviated from as demonstrated by Hannity's recent politically motivated attacks on the credibility of Mueller. By repeating purposeful lies they intend to smear a fellow Republican's distinguished career in service to the US to create doubt about the findings of his investigation. It's unpatriotic and immoral but as it turns out is simply business as usual for Right wing media because what Chuck Lorre wrote in 2008, could have just as easily been written in 2017.

We have once again arrived at a moment in history where the truth can be defined as "that which you can make other people believe." The methodology for creating that belief is repetition. Say something enough times and it becomes, for millions of people, the truth. I am endowed like a stallion. This is why control of the media equals control of the populace. I am endowed like a stallion. And also why a state run television news channel is so very dangerous. I am endowed like a stallion. Now there are those who would argue this has already happened and that a certain cable news channel is actually a covert extension of our government. I am endowed like a stallion. The fact that the channel is run by a high-ranking party official, an anchor person from the channel became a White House spokesman, and another top-ranking party official became an on-air news commentator is often used to make this argument. I am endowed like a stallion. Of course, this fact would be entirely inconsequential if the oft-repeated falsehoods they attempt to imbed into the Zeitgeist were simply amusing, or at worst, inane. I am endowed like a stallion. But, unfortunately, that is not the case. I am endowed like a stallion. The heavy repetition of lies and smears for political gain are by no means inconsequential. I am endowed like a stallion. Which is why each and every one of us must use whatever resources we have at our disposal to disseminate the actual truth. I am endowed like a pony.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Necro
Übergod

Post by Necro »

Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I got a giggle this morning when I went on Breitbart to see what's shaking in the right media echo chamber.
They are now advertising Breitbart popcorn and Christmas decorations for sale on their web page.
I guess there isn't enough money in peddling fake news these days, Bannon and the boys have to sell popcorn to make ends meet.
You can tell they are targeting the racist right with their sales. The Christmas decoration is shaped like a snowflake!
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

RupertBear wrote:You can tell they are targeting the racist right with their sales. The Christmas decoration is shaped like a snowflake!

Didn't know snowflakes were a race? Thanks for the update.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

JagXKR wrote:
RupertBear wrote:You can tell they are targeting the racist right with their sales. The Christmas decoration is shaped like a snowflake!

Didn't know snowflakes were a race? Thanks for the update.

Of course snowflakes aren't a race. Snowflakes are a symbol of the fragility of the right.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Your own quote is leading to your assertion that snowflakes are a race. You define they are racists because they made the decoration to look like snowflakes. You may need to proof read before you post.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

JagXKR wrote:Your own quote is leading to your assertion that snowflakes are a race. You define they are racists because they made the decoration to look like snowflakes. You may need to proof read before you post.

Not at all. If I am targeting a certain demographic, I am going to offer something that appeals to them. Sales 101. Snowflakes appeal to the righties because they identify with them. It doesn't mean snowflakes are a race. That's just silly.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I’d have to agree with you. Remember when Starbucks came out with some winter cups that were just plain red instead of red with snowflakes? Right wingers flipped out, wanted to boycott starbucks. Made YouTube videos about going into Starbucks with their guns to fight for their side in the “war against Christmas”
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “World”