Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Post by Catsumi »

noremac wrote:At what point do we point the finger directly at Canada Post? Who accepted a mailbox design that a 6 year old could pry open? How about building a box that is at least at challenge to get into. We put our trust in Canada Post to provide "secure" mail boxes when they stopped door to door delivery and what we got were boxes that seem to be designed by people who work with paper and glue! We made safes in High School Metal Shop that were more secure than these "SUPER BOXES" worth thousands of $$$. How many Community Mail Boxes get broken into every year? How many people, right now, are having to drive ridiculous distances to pick up their mail? Guaranteed it would be a lot less if we had secure mail boxes. Just the humble opinion of a Westsider who has to drive to Baillie Ave. in Kelowna to get the mail. Second time in 2 months. Thanks Canada Post!!

I agree totally that these mail boxes are poorly designed so that any kid with a crowbar can get into them.

And yes, it would be so nice if we could catch, convict and corral the b-tards for a couple of years, but hell, we can't even do that with murderers let alone mail thieves.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It's simple.

The community mailbox system has failed.
We need to bring back jobs: door to door service.

That's it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

these new mailboxes are junk anyways.i can barely get my arm into the back of the box.they must be made for soyboys with stick arms
Tanya.Taylor

Post by Tanya.Taylor »

This is becoming very dangerous, we have had our mailboxes INSIDE the condo unit broken into and are still awaiting some resolution from Canada Post. What scares me is that some of these "master" keys allow them to gain access to buildings and then get into the mail and the building whenever they want, even the cameras we have didn't deter them. To hear it happening all over West Kelowna is awful especially this time of year, and wanting some word from Canada Post on how they are fixing this issue and keeping our mail safe, not just loosing Xmas gifts we have a number of seniors that receive cheques by mail or other information that could lead to identity theft.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

Just another example of government/crown corporation incompetence being forced upon the people, who, in turn, become the victims who have to pay the price. Admit that these community mailboxes are a failed experiment and bring back door to door delivery!! They've already ruined Christmas for so many. Totally unacceptable!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

7600736 wrote:They've already ruined Christmas for so many. Totally unacceptable!!
Canada Post didn't do that - the thieves did.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Why do so many blame canada post?
Canada post didn't steal the mail.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I thought it was a Federal offense like in the USA.. seems there is a stiff sentence stealing Postal items here.. I found this
"is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years"
Agreed the super boxes aren't all that super.. not just happening here tho.
Guess we'll all have to stop mailing gifts and gift cards. Sad to think something Grandma made for the grandkids most likely was tossed out the window as having no value.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sad that so many people will suffer before this asinine experiment is finished.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

These occurrences underscore why a letter ballot on proportional representation is unacceptable at the 50% + 1 threshold.
One mailbox theft could change the referendum result.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is nothing wrong with mailing parcels and gift cards as there are multiple ways to ensure these arrive safely.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mikest2 wrote:One mailbox theft could change the referendum result.
Which underscores the suggestion of checking the mailbox every day. I don't leave newspapers on my front door step anymore than I would leave mail in a personal mailbox when there was home delivery.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

The mail boxes where friends in SE Kelowna live were broken into, the mail boxes are considered private property so CP won't deliver mail until the mail boxes are fixed and it is up to the owner of the property to fix them, they've been without mail delivery for almost 3 weeks now. Not so big a deal for them, they are able and out and about but it's a retirement place, not everyone can get to the pick up location between 10 and 2.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What's puzzling is no notice to customers that mail is not being delivered to the mailboxes from what I understand.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

They had a note posted on their mail boxes from CP saying they wouldn't be delivering until the boxes were fixed and that was the "owners" responsibility, the owner then added a message saying he was having a lock smith come.......3 weeks ago.

Return to “Central Okanagan”