Another blow to dirty oil sands

Post by maryjane48 »

http://business.financialpost.com/commo ... -companies

Just the begging of the end and a,win for canada,and enviroment
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Another blow to dirty oil sands

Post by JagXKR »

Awesome news. Now more shares will be freed up for me to buy. Great to invest in a natural substance.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

back into the stone age we go. soon horses will be needed to get around.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

JagXKR wrote:Awesome news. Now more shares will be freed up for me to buy. Great to invest in a natural substance.

Couldn’t agree more....more investment opportunities for companies already vested in the oil sands....oil sands will be around for a lot longer than probably everyone on this forum....
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Its funny how no one ever talks about how messy oil production is in the middle east. I worked first hand, funny enough for a French company in Iraq and Saudi and the environmental mess I seen was enough to truly respect what Canada does to make sure things improve when they're done. I seen flock pits dumped down hill sides into rivers, vehicle oil changes right onto the ground and thats just the tip. In Canada when working for Husky and Shell we weren't allowed to even dump our cold cup of coffee on the ground. Yet Canada is the bad guy? No one has issues buying oil from the rest of the world? Just doesn't make sense
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Agree. Too many of those who protest agaisnt the oilsands operations simply haven't done their homework. Take a look at the reclamation work being done on played out mining areas, and perhaps a little research into what the future holds. Surface mining is on the way out, those areas where the oilsand is close enough to the surface to make surface mining feasible are limited. Deeper deposits are accessed through steam injection which has minimal impact compared to surface mining. Dirty oil indeed. I wonder what kind of vehicle these flavour-of-the-week SJWs drive to their protest meetings? Hypocritical crybabies.

If our European neighbours really wanted to do some good they should cast their judgemental gaze at countries still using coal with no plans to get away from it.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just opens the doors for other investors :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Go ahead and invest. Lots. When Jason Kenny takes over as Premier in Alberta, I'm sure he'll make a simple gesture with his hand and the world price will rise back to about $120 a barrel. You'll all be rich.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

bob vernon wrote:Go ahead and invest. Lots. When Jason Kenny takes over as Premier in Alberta, I'm sure he'll make a simple gesture with his hand and the world price will rise back to about $120 a barrel. You'll all be rich.

Our society, on a global scale, is still very, very dependent on oil - and it will continue to be drilled, mined, dug out long until after you and I are gone. You use oil based products in your everyday life more than you know - from the obvious to fueling your car, to the computer/phone you type your posts on and everything in between. Even all these awesome, shiny solar and windy ideas won't be built without the need for oil.

The only reason these companies pulled out is because of political polices from their home country - nothing more, nothing less.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I totally agree. The writing is indeed on the wall for burning fossil fuels, but the time frame is best measured in decades and is dependent on significant advances in replacement energy technology, and the will to implement it. That will has to take hold at the individual level, and as yet the individuals are still resisting government measures aimed at reducing fossil fuel consumption and more importantly, individuals are doing little to reduce consumption on their own.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Great news. Another blow to the eco terrorists and their messed up agenda. Great to hear the money coming back, the workers coming back and the eco nuts brains exploding in rage.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

HA HA HA Thanx for posting that link RUEZ. Hey MJ, put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Return to “Canada”