Litecoin the next Bitcoin?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Jlabute
Guru

Litecoin the next Bitcoin?

Post by Jlabute »

You guys/gals think Litecoin is the next Bitcoin?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
P11

Re: Litecoin the next Bitcoin?

Post by P11 »

Its not meant to replace Bitcoin its designed to act as Silver does to Gold.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

No.

You should do a lot more research before putting any money into this whole thing - cryptocurrency is a rather deep rabbit hole. And very risky.

Glad I got in early enough. I've since withdrawn double my investment, and the remainder is growing rather quickly. Could be gone tomorrow, though; who knows when the bubble will burst (or if).
Your bias suits you.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Woodhead, where are you trading quadriga?

I might throw a bit into litecoin just in case :biggrin:
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I'm investing heavily into JesusCoin.

Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

zerograv wrote:Woodhead, where are you trading quadriga?

Coinbase (GDAX is their trading platform, but that's not my thing, I've just been holding for longer term gains) & I use a Ledger Nano S for a wallet.

Here's a nice little vid:

Your bias suits you.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Woodenhead wrote:
zerograv wrote:Woodhead, where are you trading quadriga?

Coinbase (GDAX is their trading platform, but that's not my thing, I've just been holding for longer term gains) & I use a Ledger Nano S for a wallet.

Here's a nice little vid:

coinbase coesn't let Canadians sell yet tho does it? i guess you could always move it somewhere else if you want to sell. How is their app?
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You can buy and sell CDN on coinsquare.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Jlabute wrote:You can buy and sell CDN on coinsquare.

looks like a good spot, i think i'll use it. Thanks!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

You're welcome. I've been using coinsquare for a week now. Hey, if you want to use my referral code :-) please do if you sign up. Not sure what it does yet.lol

"B3F5D368E"
PanheadCharlie

Post by PanheadCharlie »

P11 wrote:Its not meant to replace Bitcoin its designed to act as Silver does to Gold.

I'm still waiting for someone to say "What beautiful clothes the emperor has!!" and a little kid to shout " but the emperor has no clothes!!"
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

And, as the blockchains proliferate.

Bitcoin: Does it really use more electricity than Ireland? http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42265728

and

Waterloo-based messaging app Kik is delaying the release of its cryptocurrency Kin and moving it off the Ethereum platform, thanks to a digital cat-trading craze that's clogging up transactions on the network. http://business.financialpost.com/techn ... -cat-craze
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I'm currently working my way up with VTC, VertCoin. It's only at $7.50 right now and has a very active community and active developers... it could easily go to $40 in a month, or more.

Research Research, this is definitely for people that understand internet security. Lots of people think that Bitcoin etc are unsafe because hackers etc... when the problem is the broken internet we use. It was built broken, and then just added onto from there... we need internet 2.0.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Apparently there is “Potcoin” now which is taking off. Supposedly for the purchase of pot.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

GoStumpy wrote:I'm currently working my way up with VTC, VertCoin. It's only at $7.50 right now and has a very active community and active developers... it could easily go to $40 in a month, or more.

Research Research, this is definitely for people that understand internet security. Lots of people think that Bitcoin etc are unsafe because hackers etc... when the problem is the broken internet we use. It was built broken, and then just added onto from there... we need internet 2.0.

Can you tell me more about VTC Stumpy?

Are you mining or trading? what exchange are you using? Why do you think VTC is different from any of the others.

I picked up some XRP but had to use a US exchange as can not find one for CDN funding.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”