Jones closing gap to Moore

Poindexter
Guru

Re: Jones closing gap to Moore

Post by Poindexter »

Ka-El wrote:I would agree there is a lot of truth in that statement, but if that is their takeaway from this loss the future is looking bright for the Democrats - their's to screw up.

I've been watching the coverage around this win for the Democrats and I think they're already screwing up. I have not heard one person speaking on behalf of the Democrats give the people of Alabama any credit whatsoever. Instead of patting themselves on the back for the win they should be pointing out that over half the people of Alabama have shown Americans what true patriotism looks like. They've demonstrated to the rest of the country how to vote with a backbone instead of blindly along party lines. Then the democrats should thank them for thier courage, vow not to let them down and then get right to work on thier behalf. If they don't change thier tone around this victory quickly it will be a huge mistake because they'll be missing a golden opportunity to change the minds of voters in other southern states who may also be loosing faith in the republican party.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Watch a Republican's mind explode in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzz ... e=youtu.be
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Poindexter wrote:I've been watching the coverage around this win for the Democrats and I think they're already screwing up.

The NY Times points out that they could be walking into a trap. But on the other hand, the Republicans -- if Roy Moore is any indication -- could just one-up the Democrats by screwing up even worse.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I had not been following this Moore thing until the last week or so, but wow, I'm learning that the guy was a complete idjit and totally unacceptable even by Republican standards before the sexual allegations came out. I'm glad the guy lost. It would have been a huge slap in the face to the people of the state if he had won.

Those of you telling me that he was a horrible candidate undeserving of being elected without sex allegations were right.Even hard core conservatives like Shapiro say he was a complete idjit on conservative issues.

Last edited by Glacier on Dec 14th, 2017, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And he's still not conceding the loss. Like he's some tin pot dictator in Burkina Faso who has declared the victory of the enemy tribe invalid.
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 14th, 2017, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Queen K wrote:And he's still not conceding the loss. Like he's some tin pot dictator in Burkino Faso who has declared the victory of the enemy tribe invalid.

That's insulting to Burkina Faso
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nothing reveals your shoddy character like not conceding an election. Roy Moore is such a snowflake.
- Douglas Murray
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Glacier wrote:Nothing reveals your shoddy character like not conceding an election. Roy Moore is such a snowflake.

This just in, Roy Moore says he is retiring from politics so he can spend some quality time with someone's children.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I honestly thought that the left was concerned about Moore for being a sexual predator, but it's now looking like the left only cared because he wasn't a leftist. Just as they didn't care when Clinton was engaging in sexual abuse, they don't care when Franken or any other Democrat does it. They only when Republicans do it. That's sad.

women2.png
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:I honestly thought that the left was concerned about Moore for being a sexual predator, but it's now looking like the left only cared because he wasn't a leftist. Just as they didn't care when Clinton was engaging in sexual abuse, they don't care when Franken or any other Democrat does it. They only when Republicans do it. That's sad.

women2.png

Unless you look at the context I suppose it may appear that way. Of note is that Franken wasnt accused of being a pedophile. He was also accused of less than what Trump confessed to in the access Hollywood tape. It's also important to note that neither Moore nor Trump have resigned.

So in this context, Fraken's resignation was yet another example of the double standard that exists where Democrats are held to a higher standard than thier Republican counterparts.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Poindexter wrote:Unless you look at the context I suppose it may appear that way. Of note is that Franken wasnt accused of being a pedophile. He was also accused of less than what Trump confessed to in the access Hollywood tape. It's also important to note that neither Moore nor Trump have resigned.

So in this context, Fraken's resignation was yet another example of the double standard that exists where Democrats are held to a higher standard than thier Republican counterparts.

Moore wasn't accused of pedophile either. The sick part is that Franken promised to resign, and now it looks like he only said that to take the moral high ground. That's a dirty, dirty trick if you ask me. I do not think the left cares at all about women's rights or who bangs who irrespective of age. They only care about power. Period. All the evidence points toward the left only caring about power. I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but it seems increasingly clear that those on the left have no morals at all when it comes to sexual misconduct.

I want to me be wrong, so please show me examples where the left either out there or on Castanet cared about sexual misconduct when it meant supporting someone from the right over the left. I cannot think of a single case, which tells me power trumps morality on the left every time.
- Douglas Murray
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Glacier wrote:Moore wasn't accused of pedophile either. The sick part is that Franken promised to resign, and now it looks like he only said that to take the moral high ground. That's a dirty, dirty trick if you ask me. I do not think the left cares at all about women's rights or who bangs who irrespective of age. They only care about power. Period. All the evidence points toward the left only caring about power. I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but it seems increasingly clear that those on the left have no morals at all when it comes to sexual misconduct.

I want to me be wrong, so please show me examples where the left either out there or on Castanet cared about sexual misconduct when it meant supporting someone from the right over the left. I cannot think of a single case, which tells me power trumps morality on the left every time.

How would you rephrase the accusations against a 30+ year old man dating 14 year old girls (even if he did ask there momma's first)?
You speak to morality then defend the accusations with semantics.
That post is pure bias. I don't believe you want to be proven wrong.

Return to “World”