The Holy Spirit

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

The Holy Spirit

Post by capleton »

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, 'He has an evil spirit'."

So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times, so whats going to happen next? I feel great and haven't been smited yet.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Holy Spirit

Post by LANDM »

The key word is "yet"....... :biggrin:
You and 71 others Like this post
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

capleton wrote: I feel great and haven't been smited yet.

The word I believe would be "smote" and it will never happen because it is all BS.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

....so far..... :biggrin:

Let the smiting begin.
You and 71 others Like this post
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

capleton wrote:
So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times, ...

Actually, you just lied because you don't know what a Holy Spirit is.

I myself don't know what a holy spirit is so there's no way you could know.

If anyone does know - tell us.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Thinktank wrote:
capleton wrote:
So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times, ...

Actually, you just lied because you don't know what a Holy Spirit is.

I myself don't know what a holy spirit is so there's no way you could know.

If anyone does know - tell us.

Obviously you aren't very familiar with Christian mythology
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

capleton wrote:Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, 'He has an evil spirit'."

So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times, so whats going to happen next? I feel great and haven't been smited yet.

The holy spirit is the representation of God as the doer. Basically, this verse means that the only sin not forgiven is religious evil, or evil done in God's name.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So like what would that mean. Would knocking on doors on a saturday bothering folks with pamphlets. Can that be construed as evil being carried out in gods name
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Glacier wrote:
capleton wrote:Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, 'He has an evil spirit'."

The holy spirit is the representation of God as the doer. Basically, this verse means that the only sin not forgiven is religious evil, or evil done in God's name.

Yeah that's what I did, commit "religious evil"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

capleton wrote:

I dunno, the way I understand the passage you posted is that you'd have to be religious like the Pharisees for it to apply to you, and you don't strike me as the religious type.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

capleton wrote:So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times....

So capleton wants people - who are good - to explain things to him because he knows he will
probably never figure it out on his own. So here's the best explanation, and it's not from some religious
guy who studied the bible but knows nothing, (like most religious people
but it's from someone who actually did some real thinking - Me:

That's Mark Wolters of Wolters World. He tells people all about travel. Portugal, Eastern Europe, Cancun,
Germany - he tells people something good about all those places, but about Bucharest he said
- Bucharest - "Just don't go there." And you can figure it out yourself - why.

So about blaspheming against God I say - "Just don't do that."

And you can figure it out yourself - why.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Thinktank wrote:
capleton wrote:So I just blasphemed the Holy Spirit numerous times....

So capleton wants people - who are good - to explain things to him because he knows he will
probably never figure it out on his own. So here's the best explanation, and it's not from some religious
guy who studied the bible but knows nothing, (like most religious people
but it's from someone who actually did some real thinking - Me:

That's Mark Wolters of Wolters World. He tells people all about travel. Portugal, Eastern Europe, Cancun,
Germany - he tells people something good about all those places, but about Bucharest he said
- Bucharest - "Just don't go there." And you can figure it out yourself - why.

So about blaspheming against God I say - "Just don't do that."

And you can figure it out yourself - why.

I already blasphemed against it so now I am asking now what? it has been a few weeks and nothing has happened
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

Glacier wrote:
capleton wrote:

I dunno, the way I understand the passage you posted is that you'd have to be religious like the Pharisees for it to apply to you, and you don't strike me as the religious type.

"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven"

I think whoever means whoever there not just pharisees
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

capleton wrote:"But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven"

I think whoever means whoever there not just pharisees

There seems to be much debate about what that passage means.

It's interesting how the passage says that the sin is unforgiveable, but then goes on to say the person who commits it is in danger of hellfire, as in, there might not be an unforgiveable sin (see link for more details and debates on what it means).
- Douglas Murray
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:Basically, this verse means that the only sin not forgiven is religious evil, or evil done in God's name.

That verse must be very troubling to a few Catholic priests.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”