Traffic fines should not go to the city

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

We are living in such a sheltered world, people are getting too soft I feel bad for future generations. The good ol days are long gone.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fz6adventure wrote:Spent the $100 and buy a dash cam

Dash cams are great for proof AFTER an incident they are a reactive tool.

Properly, effectively monitoring driving and taking effective action to removed and re-educate bad drivers is proactive.

Some have taken my idea to monitor driving as a program similar to photo radar. Not true, I don't think PR works at all.

To start with we need better, more effective standard traffic enforcement, then add to that an effective system to identify the problem driver.

Right now we've got police applying thr IRP to drivers who have been involved in collisions, contrary to policy.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

fz6adventure wrote:
The beauty of freedom is that you are able to make that choice - pay the fine and get back to the office to make a little more for the next one. I'll choose a different path because I disagree with the process and believe the Charter is the overriding law of the land rather than the stop gap ones the government of the day thinks is palatable and a revenue generator.

I see truly no sense discussing law with you! I do have to ask, graduated from Law or self taught?
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Ken7 wrote: I do have to ask, graduated from Law or self taught?

Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.

In another forum topic regarding the City of Kelowna full time video surveillance, I posted a form people can use to request copies of pictures and video of themselves that the City of Kelowna records 24/7. Ill attach a copy of the form here for your information.
Attachments
FOI Form - Images and video.jpg
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

fz6adventure wrote:
Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.

That is what makes Canada great, you are entitled to have a opinion and openly express it.

Canadian law is there to protect the common man / woman.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Ken7 wrote:
fz6adventure wrote:

That is what makes Canada great, you are entitled to have a opinion and openly express it.

Canadian law is there to protect the common man / woman.

Agreed 1000%
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

fz6adventure wrote:

In another forum topic regarding the City of Kelowna full time video surveillance, I posted a form people can use to request copies of pictures and video of themselves that the City of Kelowna records 24/7. Ill attach a copy of the form here for your information.

Just for your information Law isn't new to me. But thanks.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Ken7 wrote:
Just for your information Law isn't new to me. But thanks.

Nice to have a lawyer participating in these forums - thank you! I look forward to more of your trained insight on not only this, but other controversial topics.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fz6adventure wrote:Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.

The topic is "Traffic Fines Should not go to the City"

Your talking about 24/7 video surveillance by the City of Kelowna, then you go on to say "be it your face or your license plate"

You then talk about an FOI request to the city.

As far as I knew Kelowna backed down on the DT cameras, is that not the case ?

As for photos of your plates be that from the existing red traffic light program or the abandoned photo radar program, neither were or are administered or controlled by the city.

So what has this got to do with Kelowna ?

I understand your concern about having your photo taken, because, as you know photo's invite bad spirits into your brain, that's why I drive with a tin foil hat on.

Nice picture of the FOI form but if you seek information regarding traffic cameras, you won't get it from the city of Kelowna.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fz6adventure wrote:Nice to have a lawyer participating in these forums - thank you! I look forward to more of your trained insight on not only this, but other controversial topics.

[icon_lol2.gif] What did you say that prompted such an insult Ken ?
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

my5cents wrote:As far as I knew Kelowna backed down on the DT cameras, is that not the case ?

Nope, there are more than ever and now they will be monitored 24/7 .....courtesy of your property tax dollars!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fz6adventure wrote:
Nope, there are more than ever and now they will be monitored 24/7 .....courtesy of your property tax dollars!

Thats great, the more the better.

Return to “Central Okanagan”