Did you know?

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Did you know?

Post by kgcayenne »

The story is now a Letter’ in the Opinion section.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

lesliepaul wrote:Does anyone know if this story hit a larger news sight or major paper? Castanet as usual puts out a blip and does not follow up with any kind of investigation to get actual facts from people MUCH higher up the food chain than this local judge. Sounds like the Traffic Services Officer and the judge were having a bad day..........probably found out their wives served them both with divorce papers and could not think with some reasoning ability.

All of this distracted driving and laws came from ONE activity............TEXTING. Before texting caught on, using a phone to talk was not newsworthy. I said it years ago, the government will enact laws (and rightfully so) to curb the use of phones and texting while driving. What happens after is our governments see MONEY and take it to this ridiculous point. Would like to hear what our provincial Transport Minister has to say on this...........both Todd Stone (past) and Dave Eby (present).

The more I look at thisthe more it stinks. The news item now is also a letter. Did a reporter actually talk to the writer ?

The letter bounces from being writen about "a gentleman" later it is the writer talking about his own experience. This was invented.

Castanet did a horrible job and published false information, under the guise of it being reliable information about a little known law. In fact Castanet was little more than any other internet hack spreading an urban myth.

Lets see if they now make a story out of it by doing some real research, and publish the facts.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

my5cents wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Does anyone know if this story hit a larger news sight or major paper? Castanet as usual puts out a blip and does not follow up with any kind of investigation to get actual facts from people MUCH higher up the food chain than this local judge. Sounds like the Traffic Services Officer and the judge were having a bad day..........probably found out their wives served them both with divorce papers and could not think with some reasoning ability.

All of this distracted driving and laws came from ONE activity............TEXTING. Before texting caught on, using a phone to talk was not newsworthy. I said it years ago, the government will enact laws (and rightfully so) to curb the use of phones and texting while driving. What happens after is our governments see MONEY and take it to this ridiculous point. Would like to hear what our provincial Transport Minister has to say on this...........both Todd Stone (past) and Dave Eby (present).

The more I look at thisthe more it stinks. The news item now is also a letter. Did a reporter actually talk to the writer ?

The letter bounces from being writen about "a gentleman" later it is the writer talking about his own experience. This was invented.

Castanet did a horrible job and published false information, under the guise of it being reliable information about a little known law. In fact Castanet was little more than any other internet hack spreading an urban myth.

Lets see if they now make a story out of it by doing some real research, and publish the facts.

So do you think its a fake news story ? Im saying. Do u suggest the event never happened
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Would he have got away without penalty with a good lawyer? Assume he didn't have one. Should he appeal if that's an option because it seems like he has a good case. (If his story is 100% true)
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Jflem1983 wrote:So do you think its a fake news story ? Im saying. Do u suggest the event never happened

A fake news story is one in which the news entity knew a store was false and presented it anyway. I strongly suspect the event didn't happen and the reporter and the editor, if such a position exists at Castanet, didn't insure the story was valid.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

^^ Whatever happened to KL3Something? He/she used to be able to confirm/deny some things that did or didn't happen concerning local law enforcement issues.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

my5cents wrote:The trouble is the story is so poorly written, jumping all over, that it's impossible to figure out what happened.

Where does Castanet get these people ?

The story starts out as though the driver is arriving, all of a sudden he's leaving.

The crux of the story seems to be "did you know that even if you are parked in a parking lot, if you have your vehicle running you could get a distracted driving ticket". This is not the law.

But again the story is so poorly written, you can't really tell.

I won't disagree with you on that, no sir!

But still, this is a discussion forum and that is the story as it is presented.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Dizzy1 wrote:I won't disagree with you on that, no sir!

But still, this is a discussion forum and that is the story as it is presented.

That's sorta my point, it's hard to properly discuss when the content of the source conflicts with itself.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

my5cents wrote:That's sorta my point, it's hard to properly discuss when the content of the source conflicts with itself.

In all fairness, its hard to properly discuss anything and everything on discussion forums :laugh: :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”