Pot activists plead guilty

Cactusflower
Banned

Pot activists plead guilty

Post by Cactusflower »

Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/214300 ... ead-guilty
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pot activists plead guilty

Post by Leifer »

Perhaps the particular laws they broke will still be enforced after the legalization of marijuana?

I am not sure people will see the legal pot panacea they are expecting....when this all shakes out.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Cactusflower wrote:Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.

It is still illegal and they broke the law, When it is legal trafficing will be illegal. [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alfred2 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.

It is still illegal and they broke the law, When it is legal trafficing will be illegal. [icon_lol2.gif]

Isn't 'trafficking' just another word for 'illegally selling? I think you missed the point I was trying to make.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Anything exceeding moderation is harmful.
Bring back the LIKE button.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

capleton wrote:It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

When it becomes legal it will be regulated. What they did will be illegal even then. If they had done the exact same thing with alcohol they would also be charged.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
capleton wrote:It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.

Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Queen K wrote:Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.

I don't think you know what being held hostage means.

Being offended by a smell and whining about it is the definition of a 1st-world problem and being overly dramatic.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You have no idea what you're saying about this matter having no investment in anything solid.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I don't think you know what being held hostage means.

Being offended by a smell and whining about it is the definition of a 1st-world problem and being overly dramatic.

Children with asthma or other breathing issues comes to mind, unlike adults with this issues they have learned what triggers an attack.
Children have not, a asthma attack can hit a child very hard.

I suspect you really don't give a damn, you just want to get high.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

GordonH wrote:Children with asthma or other breathing issues comes to mind, unlike adults with this issues they have learned what triggers an attack.
Children have not, a asthma attack can hit a child very hard.

I suspect you really don't give a damn, you just want to get high.

Never used MJ but think what you want. I just think that people who complain they're being held hostage being the recreational activities of others are entitled beyond belief. As for asthma, anyone with this condition has been surviving with cigarette and pot smoke and car exhaust for years so i don't get the point you're making.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.[/quote]

Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.[/quote]

Most people aren't as uptight as you though, the only ones who complain about this are puritanical Christian fundamentalists or general crazy people.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^

Count me as crazy, then.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “B.C.”