Mail ransacked, gifts gone

dle
Lord of the Board

Mail Thieves in Custody....

Post by dle »

deleted this post - have no idea why it posted my draft - must have made a booboo and hit the wrong button! The entire post is below so we don't need this bit...
Last edited by dle on Dec 19th, 2017, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Post by Fancy »

dle wrote: We are nobody to them so what do they care?
They don't - at all. They will be released and back at it again. There is nothing the general public can do about it except to understand the onus is on the public to protect their own property - no one else will do it for you. Some people are lucky enough to get property back - others are out of pocket. This time of year mail should be arranged to be picked up daily to prevent theft.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mycomments

Post by mycomments »

mycomments wrote:Wonder if any connection to the guy in motorhome who living in the bush in Trepainer Park since the summer? Been a few break ins and mail box theft in the area since then.

Not bad when it was reported to the authorities about the motorhome in July....
dle
Lord of the Board

Mail Thieves in Custody....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214342

So they are BACK in custody....meaning they already were in jail, at least one time, for other crimes, the last ones related in nature, and were released. A lot of good the first stint in jail did. Of course, most likely their personal circumstances would not have been touched by the wand of the fairy godmother while they were locked up the first (?) time so naturally they would just go right back to thieving when they got out. I wonder if anyone in the "system" attempted to learn their circumstances and see what they could do to steer them down a different path when they were released? Were they in long enough for some job training? To get their GED if they hadn't graduated? Or did they just spend a a few days, a week, maybe a month or so locked up then set loose to continue on? What good would that do? Was an alternative avenue to a life of crime offered and they just laughed? I mean, why work when you can just take what I have? Why buy something yourself when you can just help yourself to my stuff?

I wonder if they are drug addicts? I wonder if they are alcoholics? I wonder if they are sober and educated people who lost their jobs? I wonder if they are just too lazy to work and get by just fine on what they steal? I wonder if they are uneducated and unable to get even entry level jobs? What is their deal? Are they ex-cons nobody will hire? Are they mentally unstable? Are they career criminals or fairly new at their trade? I suppose these two probably collect at least welfare and between them and might be able to rent some kind of motel or something to live in but maybe not - maybe welfare doesn't pay enough for a roof over their heads. They (or one of them), decided to steal a roof for over their heads which they've had, or at least one of them had, for what sounds like the last 6 months.

Anyways,there is just SO MUCH thieving and crime, TOO MUCH, some with weapons, some without weapons but with aggression and violence, home invasions, street muggings. Of course, to hear our City Council, and the top cops, talk of our City we live in Nirvana according to them and while there is a little bit of crime it's just the average amount for any City. Average amount? That makes it sound like there is an "acceptable" amount. It just makes me wonder who these thieves and criminals are that we read about day in an day out, who make their livings and survive just by taking our stuff from us. I mean, we are easy pickings but not by choice, not by any fair playing ground. WE have to follow the law, CAN'T fight back, CAN'T do a citizen's arrest and hold the people we catch in our homes, garages, cars. WE can't hurt them even if they hurt us. We just have to let them have our stuff. What's the deal here? Who are these people who go round and round and round through the revolving doors known as the Canadian Justice system and who are above the laws and suffer no legal consequences? Who are the people in charge of that system that they let it continue on and on without change?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Mail Thieves in Custody....

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The link in dle post is not working here is a working link
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... in-custody
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:The link in dle post is not working here is a working link
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... in-custody

Thanks! I seem to be "post challenged" today! Nothing went according to Hoyle with this post.... :138:
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Central Okanagan”