Impark office in town?

Home of the traffic rant.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Impark office in town?

Post by Always Sunny »

Can anyone tell me if Impark has a physical location in town to discuss a parking infraction?

Yesterday I went and parked at the pay lot next to BNA. I don’t mind paying a couple of bucks an hour for it. However, I tried the machine several time and it wouldn’t read my card. It didn’t even recognize my card was inserted and when I purposely turned it the wrong way it would say there was an error, so it didn’t seem completely effed.

I went into BNA and explained my issue and they couldn’t help (fair enough). I went back out and tried another 5-6 times with no luck. So I called the # on the machine if you’re having issues. Obviously they were closed (parking is enforced 24/7 but screw you if you need help right). I left a voicemail with my name, number, lot #, license plate, all that info the ask for. Sure enough, I got a ticket. My choice to take that chance, I get that. Hopefully though with my VM maybe they’ll take pity on my situation.

I was just hoping there was a physical location I could pop into tomorrow and try and plead my case. Figure it might be a little more helpful than trying that phone number again.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Impark office in town?

Post by Boda »

Always Sunny wrote:Can anyone tell me if Impark has a physical location in town to discuss a parking infraction?

Yesterday I went and parked at the pay lot next to BNA. I don’t mind paying a couple of bucks an hour for it. However, I tried the machine several time and it wouldn’t read my card. It didn’t even recognize my card was inserted and when I purposely turned it the wrong way it would say there was an error, so it didn’t seem completely effed.

I went into BNA and explained my issue and they couldn’t help (fair enough). I went back out and tried another 5-6 times with no luck. So I called the # on the machine if you’re having issues. Obviously they were closed (parking is enforced 24/7 but screw you if you need help right). I left a voicemail with my name, number, lot #, license plate, all that info the ask for. Sure enough, I got a ticket. My choice to take that chance, I get that. Hopefully though with my VM maybe they’ll take pity on my situation.

I was just hoping there was a physical location I could pop into tomorrow and try and plead my case. Figure it might be a little more helpful than trying that phone number again.

Impark polices the visitor parking at Penticton hospital as well. I just spent 16 days in a row in Nov. paying them guys every day.
I noticed the pay machine took what seemed like a very long time to read the card when I used it but they responded quickly to coins. Maybe you didn't wait long enough? :130:
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

KELOWNA
Branch Address and Hours:

Impark
212 – 1626 Richter Street
Kelowna, BC V1Y 2M3
Phone: 250.763.9905

Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm

Common Contacts:

For Meter/Lot issues, please call: 250.763.9905
For Monthly Parking issues, please call: 1.877.909.6199
For Parking Violation issues, please call: 1.800.315.7275
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I had luck with resolving an issue by doing the e-mail thing..
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

One year Impark has a "toy for a ticket forgiveness" thing happen.

I saw guys in there in nice suits with 10 toys [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Thanks all! kelownman my bad, I should have Googled it. Strange how the ticket only gives you a phone number or an address for their offices in Vancouver.

I’ll pop in tomorrow morning and see what they might say. For what it’s worth I do have the outgoing call on my cell phone from last night so hopefully that might help me. If not, maybe they still do the toy thing, that’s a bit of a win-win.

As far as not leaving the card in long enough, I did try several times leaving it about 30 seconds and it still sat at the “insert payment or coins” screen, so it wasn’t even attempting to process. I had to have tried about 20 times in my two separate visits to the machine. Coins would have been a good idea, but unfortunately I don’t carry much for change and I was trying to do 4 hours at $2 a pop.

Again, ultimately my fault, I chose to take the chance. Just hoping that they might take a little pity on me given that I reached out to them for assistance and they weren’t available.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Always Sunny wrote:Can anyone tell me if Impark has a physical location in town to discuss a parking infraction?

Don't pay it. There's nothing they can do except hassle you a few times with a letter, then it'll stop.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

The owners of Impark should be f :cuss: ing ashamed of themselves, those who don't know who owns impark just check online (you may or may not be surprised).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

GordonH wrote:The owners of Impark should be f :cuss: ing ashamed of themselves, those who don't know who owns impark just check online (you may or may not be surprised).

Ashamed of what, specifically?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

johnny24 wrote:Don't pay it. There's nothing they can do except hassle you a few times with a letter, then it'll stop.

And next time you park in their parking lot (doesn't have to be the same one), they'll tow you and won't release the vehicle until you pay the fines + late fees.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The owners of Impark should be f :cuss: ing ashamed of themselves, those who don't know who owns impark just check online (you may or may not be surprised).

FreeRights wrote:Ashamed of what, specifically?

Since this company has most if not all of hospital parking areas across Canada.
The way there employees treat people at those locations with absolutely no flexibility.
Retired teachers should have little more respect, you may not agree.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Even Steven wrote:
johnny24 wrote:Don't pay it. There's nothing they can do except hassle you a few times with a letter, then it'll stop.

And next time you park in their parking lot (doesn't have to be the same one), they'll tow you and won't release the vehicle until you pay the fines + late fees.

That's never happened to me.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I went to the Impark office on Richter yesterday and they voided it without question. She actually said they received a few calls including mine about that lot that night, so I’m sure that helped my case. If you ever have issues, call and leave a voicemail and it seems to be enough to cover your butt.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

johnny24 wrote:That's never happened to me.

It happened to me. If you owe them money, they have the legal right to tow your vehicle. I thought I was saving money by not paying $20, but had to pay $200 by having my car towed.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”