Bad dams

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Bad dams

Post by maryjane48 »

Anyone defending mt polley disaster should have to in person go explain that to folks down stream of it instead of beaking off on here . But that would take courage . [icon_lol2.gif] i wont be holding my breath on that ever happening :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Boda wrote:That may or may not be correct sir, but the undeniable facts are that the damn didn't burst under the original design capacity permit parameters. The damn burst after the BCLibs eliminated inspectors and claimed owners were capable of self regulation. Upon that conclusion the tailings pond was deemed to be capable of holding more. Then it burst.
Let's see you squirm your way out of that :biggrin:

Edited for spelling

Where did you get your information from? Please, by all means, show your homework.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:
Boda wrote:That may or may not be correct sir, but the undeniable facts are that the damn didn't burst under the original design capacity permit parameters. The damn burst after the BCLibs eliminated inspectors and claimed owners were capable of self regulation. Upon that conclusion the tailings pond was deemed to be capable of holding more. Then it burst.

Edited for spelling

Where did you get your information from? Please, by all means, show your homework.

Google is your friend. I've given you the links. It's your own fault if you refuse to read them and therefore remain uninformed.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Anyone defending mt polley disaster :

I don't see anyone defending Mt. Polley. What I do see are people like me calling anyone who refers to it as a "disaster" as "stupid" and "disingenuous". And quite rightly so.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Edited for spelling

alanjh595 wrote:Where did you get your information from? Please, by all means, show your homework.

Cactusflower wrote:Google is your friend. I've given you the links. It's your own fault if you refuse to read them and therefore remain uninformed.

You have? Where?.......I know, your dog ate your homework.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^ You've already stated that you don't believe research from Wikipedia, which is quite possibly the most ignorant statement in history, but here it is again:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Pol ... e_disaster

However, if you refuse to believe that link, try googling 'aftermath of Mt Polley tailings pond breach'. There are many other links, and they all say basically the same thing: The Mt Polley breach was a monumental mining disaster, the worst in Canadian history. (Even ostriches pull their heads out of the sand eventually).
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

If he wants to prove the waters safe we can arrange for. Any bclibber to drink some mine tailing water :130:

Any up for mt polley challenge ?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:^^ You've already stated that you don't believe research from Wikipedia, .

This is an oxymoron. Wikipedia isn't "research". Anyone calling Mt. Polley a "disaster" is being disingenuous and is prevaricating to suit an agenda.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

No takers on my polly water challange ? Bclibbers not willing to step up to the plate and prove how safe mine tailing water is ? :smt045
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Speaking of bad dams, take a look at this:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=+laila+y ... 8we72YCYBA
If you think it looked bad then, imagine what it looks like now. (Alberta tar sands, eat your heart out!)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/lailayuile. ... lides/amp/

Funny they are. trying to prevent planes from flying over and taking pics .something to hide ?
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Old Techie wrote:So pray tell how would you characterize the 1990's NDP approval of the Mt. Polley Mine dam exactly, if the Liberals were a "wild west" approach as you put it? [icon_lol2.gif]

Let's see you squirm your way out of this one.

Incoming alternate facts alert! :biggrin:

You have to go back to 1990? And you bring up a dam that broke However the breach was in 2014? I believe. Long after the NDP left office. It occured under the Liberals. The company was warned repeatedly by the environment department yet nothing was done and obviously no followups occurred to make them fix the problem.
But, still you blame the NDP from the 1990s?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:No takers on my polly water challange ? Bclibbers not willing to step up to the plate and prove how safe mine tailing water is ? :smt045

how about you take me up on my no lying challenge. How about that?

Return to “B.C.”