Re: Gas $139.9

Post by alanjh595 »

Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Jflem1983 wrote:93.9 edmonton. Even the crooked NDP cant make albertans pay 125.

:spitcoffee:

Fort Mac was 128.9 the other week - now its sitting at 119.9
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:93.9 edmonton. Even the crooked NDP cant make albertans pay 125.

:spitcoffee:

Fort Mac was 128.9 the other week - now its sitting at 119.9

Likely 90 percent of that funds ndp antifa largess. Sickening.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think it's funny everyone's losing it over loaves of bread yet fuel just went up 13 cents or so among all stations in time for holiday travel.
It's like bend over for the Holidays!!! :swear:
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

If demand is higher... it makes sense that prices would climb. It's not complicated.

Let me ask you a question... if fuel had gone up $0.15 would you still buy it? If so, I'd say the gas companies did you a solid favour by not taking it another few pennies higher because they could have and you'd still pay it.

They're just charging what their customers are willing to pay (likely still a lot less in fact)... just like every other company out there. Yet for some irrational reason, people only get upset at the gas companies for charging a price the market will bear, while all the others get off without any criticism at all.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Jonrox wrote:If demand is higher... it makes sense that prices would climb. It's not complicated.

Let me ask you a question... if fuel had gone up $0.15 would you still buy it? If so, I'd say the gas companies did you a solid favour by not taking it another few pennies higher because they could have and you'd still pay it.

They're just charging what their customers are willing to pay (likely still a lot less in fact)... just like every other company out there. Yet for some irrational reason, people only get upset at the gas companies for charging a price the market will bear, while all the others get off without any criticism at all.

I don't think that's the case. People are upset because of the ridiculous flip flopping on price. We see it dropping slowly bit by bit and we all know that once it reaches a good price it will shoot up by a large amount. This happens constantly yet there is never a suitable excuse for it, even the guy on Gas Buddy comes up with different excuses depending on his mood and wind direction. :biggrin: If for example we always saw it go up when a barrel of oil was high and down when a barrel of oil was low we would be less bothered yet we have seen so many excuses for it most of us think its purely down to greed plain and simple!
Are there other companies that also do the same with their pricing month in month out?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

There are companies that adjust their pricing a lot more frequently than month to month. One of the best examples is grocery stores. Price fluctuations happen week to week throughout most of the departments.

Prices for almost everything you buy are set by the market. Your anger at the oil companies is misguided... you should be upset at the market.

Prices also have nothing to do with costs. The price of oil is unrelated to the price you pay at the pump. Gas companies, like all companies, charge what they do because they can. People don’t like to hear that (or take responsibility for their own buying behavior), so gas companies come up with all kinds of reasons that consumers find more palatable.
dahender

Post by dahender »

Jonrox, it seems to me you're saying exactly the same thing as Dodgerdodge... I'm just sayin'. From my reading Dodgerdodge just mentioned all the gas stations seem to change their prices at the same time and by the same amount.

How can that happen if they're not picking up the phone and calling each other to coordinate the price change ahead of time? And, most of all, in the spirit of capitalism why aren't some stations charging less if their costs of doing business are lower? If one gas station runs out of an Atco trailer why do they charge the same for gas as a brand new, expensive station located along Highway 97?
chelseabroadous1

Post by chelseabroadous1 »

The only thing certain with gasoline is we will always get screwed.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

GasBuddy senior petroleum analyst Dan McTeague says some areas of the Southern Interior may see up to 10 cents per litre increases at the pumps starting tomorrow, Jan. 10.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

oneh2obabe wrote:GasBuddy senior petroleum analyst Dan McTeague says some areas of the Southern Interior may see up to 10 cents per litre increases at the pumps starting tomorrow, Jan. 10.

isn't that always the way... they bring it down a few cents spread over a few days (like they did this week) and then BAM, they take it all back plus then some ... *bleep*!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

McTeague said the low price around $1.23 but $1.26.9 looks like the number he'd be looking at for Kamloops. Since gas prices here are a tad higher he thinks the increase would be approximately a three-cent-increase.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oneh2obabe wrote:McTeague said the low price around $1.23 but $1.26.9 looks like the number he'd be looking at for Kamloops. Since gas prices here are a tad higher he thinks the increase would be approximately a three-cent-increase.

105 in red deer.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”