Trustee should resign

Post by maryjane48 »

http://glbn.ca/6BCg7L

This all because this fool reading a bible .turned him into a sicko
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Trustee should resign

Post by Sparki55 »

So because he read the bible he is now a sicko? Because he doesn't align with your views on teaching kids its ok to take hormone pills before their 10th birthday to be who they really want to be? I see the real sickos and they are the ones pushing for political correctness so far they lose sight of right and wrong.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

They can't fire him.
“There’s not a lot under the school act in terms of dealing with individual trustees. There’s no power of dismissal per se for any minister of education except where an offence has been committed.”

Despite pressure from the Chilliwack School Board, Neufeld is refusing to step down or cease speaking out against the curriculum.

Where in that article does it mention anything about the bible?

Where does it say anything about being a "sicko"?
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:http://glbn.ca/6BCg7L

This all because this fool reading a bible .turned him into a sicko

how do you know he doesn't read the Koran? Sounds like a pretty bigoted view you have there.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I read the "Readers Digest" when I am in the Dr.'s waiting room. I suppose that could be considered right wing literature in the eyes of the leftists.
When I was 10 years old, my favorite was the Sears catalog. Maybe that makes me a capitalist?
When I got a little older, I used to like Playboy, of course it was just for the articles..... That could mean that I am a sexist?

Now I just read the opinions of others on Castanet......What does that make me now?
Bring back the LIKE button.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

While I support the right of free speech, Ibelieve that the trustee referred to in the article and the contributor have over stepped the boundaries. Both have made derogatory remarks, not based in fact, but based on bias.

Minister Fleming has said " This individual is engaging in more and more dangerous rhetoric that is more and more divisive and I fear undermining the safety and security of students in that district,” said Rob Fleming. But the options the government has are limited, said Fleming, noting that the School Act likely did not foresee an elected official “actively undermining” the ministry."

While criticism is an important part of evaluation of any policy, put downs and flagrant rhetoric should not be.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:Now I just read the opinions of others on Castanet......What does that make me now?

Misinformed for the most part. :D
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

What ever happened to teaching things like math, history, english and science in schools? Isn't that what they are for? The only people responsible for teaching values and morals to my children is me.
A 10 year old doesn't know if they want to be a boy or girl and if anyone gives hormones to help a minor become " the sex they want to be " that person should be thrown in jail.just let kids be kids. When they are adults then it's up to them. Best thing for kids is just love them no matter what and give them a good education.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Sparki55 wrote:So because he read the bible he is now a sicko? Because he doesn't align with your views on teaching kids its ok to take hormone pills before their 10th birthday to be who they really want to be? I see the real sickos and they are the ones pushing for political correctness so far they lose sight of right and wrong.

Anyone that defends bullys is a sicko and reason they arrive at that abhorrent thoughts is a bible .
If thats the side you want to choose so be it . Defend the sicko all you want
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:Anyone that defends bullys is a sicko and reason they arrive at that abhorrent thoughts is a bible .

and if it was a Koran instead? Then what? Are you still a sicko if you defend him?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/3930803/chil ... to-resign/

Lost the faith of parents and he should step down :smt045
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It's the Fraser Valley. Home of a few of Canada's most extreme fundamentalist sects. A blend of those who take the Bible in its most literal form, mix in some old unbending European fascist stubborness, add the inevitable racist and cultural mistrust as people from all over the world move in providing someone to blame, and you have the Fraser Valley. Absolutely nuts and full of hate.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote:It's the Fraser Valley. Home of a few of Canada's most extreme fundamentalist sects. A blend of those who take the Bible in its most literal form, mix in some old unbending European fascist stubborness, add the inevitable racist and cultural mistrust as people from all over the world move in providing someone to blame, and you have the Fraser Valley. Absolutely nuts and full of hate.

you view sounds pretty bigoted to me.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

This is what this fools rhetoric has produced

https://globalnews.ca/news/3933008/flye ... hilliwack/

Now its escalated to a hate crime

The flyers, which describe transgender people as “an abomination,” were distributed in the neighbourhood of Sardis  sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning, according to one social media user who shared images of them online.

The flyers, which claim to have been produced by the KKK, go on to describe trans people as “freaks” who are “jeopardizing the safety of bathrooms all across the nation for our women and children.”

Return to “B.C.”