RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

Post by Fancy »

deleted removed post
Last edited by Fancy on Dec 21st, 2017, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I would imagine since he's retired, he may just move on.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:topic:
Fancy wrote:I would imagine since he's retired, he may just move on.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I had started a thread then saw this one and deleted it also.

in my eyes not guilty and innocent are the same thing. Not like a stay of proceedings. Not guilt means his name should be fully cleared.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, remember him?

Post by Ken7 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:gman you allege that 'he was found innocent',

i have read/seen nothing to that effect, only that he was found 'not guilty' of the charge(s) he faced.

please cite/provide a source for your claimed judgement of 'innocent'.

Now let's be real here just because the fact is it was a RCMP member who was found not guilty you are playing in the sandbox.

The fact of the matter is, the Crown failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this assault occurred end of story.

Currently that is our system in Canada.

Say what you want, it be no different if it was you or old yellow panties because I'm sure she is somewhat *bleep* off that a RCMP was found not guilty. I did not go back to ensure but I would bet YP posted the original press release saying RCMP member charged.
slootman
Übergod

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, remember him?

Post by slootman »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:gman you allege that 'he was found innocent',

i have read/seen nothing to that effect, only that he was found 'not guilty' of the charge(s) he faced.

please cite/provide a source for your claimed judgement of 'innocent'.

Not guilty = innocent. End of story.

"In Canada, section 11(d) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states: "Any person charged with an offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal"."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Exactly Slootman, and right now we have a lot of allegations against men all over the place and immediate presumptions of guilt without due investigation.

Witness what is happening within the Liberal Party in a different thread.

I even started a thread asking what men are doing to protect themselves against being accused of sexual misconduct. That thread died out quickly.

So Tim Shields was found "not guilty" and may pursue recourse?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I didn't believe that Shields would do anything that he was accused of from the get go ....

This whole thing reeks of " All wrong"...

he's been investigated and exonerated.

Leave the guy alone.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

" mistaken belief" wt actual hell?
I have a mistaken belief I shouldn't pay Income tax, doubt I'd be found not guilty
Agreed not guilty doesn't always mean innocent
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I think he did admit a consensual sexual relationship with a colleague during work hours and in appropriately in the office during business hours.

This is obviously not desirable employee conduct even if consensual and would be grounds in any organization for termination.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

MAPearce wrote:I didn't believe that Shields would do anything that he was accused of from the get go ....

This whole thing reeks of " All wrong"...

he's been investigated and exonerated.

Leave the guy alone.

I have to agree with you. Anyone who works in any industry lets think of it. If your Boss suggested you rendezvous in a washroom, what would you say?

The only exemption might be if you were a custodian and the topic was your proficiency in your cleaning and they might wish to point some shortfall out.

I was a supervisor of men and woman in the same field. I never met men or woman in a washroom. When you are a person in authority such as this, it is a closed door office meeting. Our Office had windows so this type of complaint would not exist.

We do not know all the facts. I won't get into my suspicions as I have no evidence and did not listen to the trial.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:I think he did admit a consensual sexual relationship with a colleague during work hours and in appropriately in the office during business hours.

This is obviously not desirable employee conduct even if consensual and would be grounds in any organization for termination.

What happens off duty time, has nothing to do with one duty. In saying this we used to have a line, "never dip your pen in company ink," it can cause work issues maybe like this?

Sorry, Police are no different then civilians. As long as his conduct was consensual, what is your point? IF he was having sex with her at work, yes discipline action no doubt. I don't think this is the case.

Do you have something the rest of us do not known or is it because he was a "COP."
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

If a "couple" have a grope session (let's assume consensual) mere metres from an office where a group (including the accused) had just left a meeting from...

Yes, they would likely both be fired, from almost every major organization I can think of. Especially when one of the employee's would be at a higher pay grade.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Queen K wrote:Exactly Slootman, and right now we have a lot of allegations against men all over the place and immediate presumptions of guilt without due investigation.

Witness what is happening within the Liberal Party in a different thread.

I even started a thread asking what men are doing to protect themselves against being accused of sexual misconduct. That thread died out quickly.

So Tim Shields was found "not guilty" and may pursue recourse?

All of these "allegations" are exactly that........allegations. Not saying the (famous) people we have read about over the last couple of months were not guilty but I have to wonder why 20, 30 years has to go by? When you see the women (victims) on countless news programs and sometimes as a group.........I wonder if and how much money was paid out by that news program or station to them to appear and all expenses also paid.

You are right Queen K............men should be protecting themselves against sexual misconduct and best by having respect. You also do not have to be famous to have allegations made against you. There are enough "gold diggers" out there that are following these events and rest assured some are already planning how to get a slice of someone's financial pie. It is not a matter of if this type of extortion will happen , but when........and when it does, it will water-down the legitimate sexual misconduct claims.

Return to “Central Okanagan”