Trudeau Face Consequences.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trudeau Face Consequences.

Post by Ka-El »

Merry wrote: Two wrongs don't make a right Ka-El.

I agree absolutely Merry. It would be nice if we applied the same standards to everyone.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2017, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Golden: Andrew Coyne: My exclusive interview with the prime minister (minus the prime minister)

I seem to have been passed over, once again, for one of those “exclusive” year-end interviews Prime Minister Trudeau gives to CTV, Global News, TVA etc. etc. But I am not one to let a little thing like that stop me. Herewith my own exclusive interview with the prime minister, minus the prime minister.

Prime Minister, thank you for this. Might I just start with the news of the day? With regard to your holidays on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Caribbean, you’ve been found by the ethics commissioner to have broken the conflict of interest law in four places. Yet you face no penalties of any kind. You’ve said the decision should give Canadians confidence in the process. Why?

You claim you accepted his hospitality because he was a “close family friend.” Yet the ethics commissioner found you hadn’t seen him in 30 years, but for a hug at your father’s funeral. She seems quite clear the Aga Khan’s interest in you had more to do with your official position and his dealings with the government you lead. If she could see that, why couldn’t you?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Trudeau publicly admitted he was wrong, now what. End of story, he's still a very sad choice to run anything more then a classroom of grade six students in Drama.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ken7 wrote:End of story, he's still a very sad choice to run anything more then a classroom of grade six students in Drama.

Disappointing to be sure. Too bad Harper's puppy dogs were more concerned about making excuses for their guy than listening to Canadians and preparing for the election with something more than attack ads. Consequences.
Last edited by Ka-El on Dec 20th, 2017, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Ka-El wrote:
Merry wrote: Two wrongs don't make a right Ka-El.

I agree absolutely Merry. It would be nice if we applied the same standards to everyone.

But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Glacier wrote:Golden: Andrew Coyne: My exclusive interview with the prime minister (minus the prime minister)

I seem to have been passed over, once again, for one of those “exclusive” year-end interviews Prime Minister Trudeau gives to CTV, Global News, TVA etc. etc. But I am not one to let a little thing like that stop me. Herewith my own exclusive interview with the prime minister, minus the prime minister.

Prime Minister, thank you for this. Might I just start with the news of the day? With regard to your holidays on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Caribbean, you’ve been found by the ethics commissioner to have broken the conflict of interest law in four places. Yet you face no penalties of any kind. You’ve said the decision should give Canadians confidence in the process. Why?

You claim you accepted his hospitality because he was a “close family friend.” Yet the ethics commissioner found you hadn’t seen him in 30 years, but for a hug at your father’s funeral. She seems quite clear the Aga Khan’s interest in you had more to do with your official position and his dealings with the government you lead. If she could see that, why couldn’t you?

He couldn't see it because his ego got in the way.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ka-El wrote:Disappointing to be sure. Too bad Harper's puppy dogs were more concerned about making excuses for their guy than listening to Canadians and preparing for the election with something more than attack ads. Consequences.

It saddens me to think all he will do is apologize. He should actually be responsible for the total cost of his vacation including his security and Nannies. Maybe next time any PM will look at this from a different light.

Do you know how much we as Canadians are donating to his friends Charity?

Did you catch his press release!! Wow, very well done dozy!
Last edited by Ken7 on Dec 20th, 2017, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Merry wrote: But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).

I'm kinda disappointed Merry. I've always considered your posts to be thoughtful and objective and have read them carefully. If you can find an example of me making excuses for Trudeau or letting him off the hook I'd like to know so I can correct myself (pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the Trudeau bashers is not the same thing as making excuses for him).

p.s. I am not Liberal and I am not a Liberal supporter. In fact, I have no partisan loyalties. I voted NDP in the last federal election, and Conservative in the two elections before that (yes, I voted for Harper)
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ka-El wrote:
Merry wrote: But that applies to you too Ka-El. You can't simply let Trudeau off the hook just because you're a Liberal supporter. If this had been Stephen Harper you'd have crucified him (as would I).

I'm kinda disappointed Merry. I've always considered your posts to be thoughtful and objective and have read them carefully. If you can find an example of me making excuses for Trudeau or letting him off the hook I'd like to know so I can correct myself (pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the Trudeau bashers is not the same thing as making excuses for him).

p.s. I am not Liberal and I am not a Liberal supporter. In fact, I have no partisan loyalties. I voted NDP in the last federal election, and Conservative in the two elections before that (yes, I voted for Harper)

All day long you tried to blame Harper for Trudeau's illegal activities. We may be slow, but we're not dumb. This is squarely on Trudeau, he broke the law, four laws in fact. He should resign, despite your adoration for the man, and your voting for him in the last election.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
All day long you tried to blame Harper for Trudeau's illegal activities. We may be slow, but we're not dumb. This is squarely on Trudeau, he broke the law, four laws in fact. He should resign, despite your adoration for the man, and your voting for him in the last election.

They apparently missed this as it is a first for Canadian Prime Minister, there for what can you argue? How can you defend his actions?

He's sorry all right that he got caught.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Ken7 wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:

They apparently missed this as it is a first for Canadian Prime Minister, there for what can you argue? How can you defend his actions?

He's sorry all right that he got caught.

That does seem to be the pattern here. They are sorry they get caught. I shiver when I think of how much we don't know about. Where's the $20 billion gone?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Three "d" words come to mind . . . disappointing, deceitful, and dumb.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Urbane wrote:Three "d" words come to mind . . . disappointing, deceitful, and dumb.

Another one starts with D and ends with K.

Return to “Canada”