Sewage in our waterways.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Sewage in our waterways.

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sewage- ... -1.3889072

We can sit back and talk about our carbon imprint and all the other nonsense you wish to, but this just gets me. When will they deal with the people responsible and make them, the Municipality accountable for their actions.

Sadly without water resources Canadians are in a bad way. I see our lake even here in Kelowna in trouble in less then 50 years. There will come a day, where our water may not be potable and the costs to make it will be extremely high.

In fact, the amount of untreated waste water, which includes raw sewage and rain and snow runoff, that flowed into Canadian rivers and oceans last year would fill 82,255 Olympic-size swimming pools — an increase of 1.9 per cent over 2014.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Sewage in our waterways.

Post by Bsuds »

Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

Something is just wrong with that.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Bsuds wrote:Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

Agreed. And with the current full of crap government, and a bloating bureaucracy, the outfall level just went up considerably from Victoria.

It amazes me that the political hub of the province still pumps raw sewage into our waters. More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rwede wrote: More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.

Agreed. Almost as bad as when they are preaching to us common folk saying "we have to tighten our belts" [icon_lol2.gif]
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:Victoria is banning plastic bags (which is a good thing) but still dumps raw sewage into the Ocean!

It's long past due for residents of Greater Victoria area to ante up for sewage treatment plant.
Stop pumping raw crap into the Strait of Juan de Fuca (or Haro Strait), whichever pipe is aimed at.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rwede wrote:
Agreed. And with the current full of crap government, and a bloating bureaucracy, the outfall level just went up considerably from Victoria.

It amazes me that the political hub of the province still pumps raw sewage into our waters. More amazing is how they preach to the rest of us to clean our acts up.

On a political note, didn't Ottawa dump their natures gold down the Rideau Canal. It really does not matter to me who is running the Province which is responsible, it has to stop.

Currently in all levels of Government is appears they are more concerned about this issues of other Countries which may or may not directly impact us as Canadians.

Maybe we need to start at home first with our infrastructure ect.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If I lived in Victoria, I'd be embarrassed to admit it. Hmm..... I guess it's truly embracing the Victorian age.... lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Quebec dumped into the Canal, and something unimaginable into the St Lawrence.
It IS disturbing to hear it when it happens in BC, for all that tree huggin image they put out to the world it seems more so the people in charge are full of *bleep*.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ga ... -1.3813628

Anywhere in Canada is unacceptable.

Return to “Canada”