Any Info on Swat Team boarding flight Dec 17th ?

BCfromBC

Any Info on Swat Team boarding flight Dec 17th ?

Post by BCfromBC »

It was quite the homecoming on WestJet Flight 2177 , around 11pm Dec 17th.
First a passenger required medical assistance and was removed from the flight.
But we still could not get off for some reason. Finally the reason came to light, and the SWAT TEAM entered the plane.
They proceeded to the back of the plane and removed a male and female and a baby.
They all left , and finally thought we could leave. But no, one swat guy came back and seized some sort of evidence.
Meanwhile when all this was happening, two fire trucks, one ambulance, and I presume the swat mobile outside our
windows with lights flashing. We were now able to leave. Any info?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Any Info on Swat Team boarding flight Dec 17th ?

Post by Ken7 »

BCfromBC wrote:It was quite the homecoming on WestJet Flight 2177 , around 11pm Dec 17th.
But we still could not get off for some reason. Finally the reason came to light, and the SWAT TEAM entered the plane.
They proceeded to the back of the plane and removed a male and female and a baby.
They all left , and finally thought we could leave. But no, one swat guy came back and seized some sort of evidence.
Meanwhile when all this was happening, two fire trucks, one ambulance, and I presume the swat mobile outside our

Interesting did not hear or see anything in news. Where what the flight arriving from? What did the airline say upon your release?
BCfromBC

Post by BCfromBC »

Ken7 wrote:
BCfromBC wrote:It was quite the homecoming on WestJet Flight 2177 , around 11pm Dec 17th.

Interesting did not hear or see anything in news. Where what the flight arriving from? What did the airline say upon your release?[/quote

Flight was from Cancun. And all I remember them saying was we can go now.
Also does the swat team have to come from Vancouver?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nothing on the news or any of the usual discussion boards.

Flight landed at YLW at 2207 - 14 minutes behind schedule and the aircraft left on time the next morning for PHX.

It could have been to do with a couple of things, fishy documentation/names that got flagged after the flight left CUN. Or perhaps the cabin crew noticed something and informed the flight crew and they called ahead to bring out the welcome wagon. Could have been one of the adult passengers was having a custody struggle and they were trying to abduct the child into Canada. Usually, these kind of situations are taken care of at the end of the jet bridge - but I have heard of them being handled on board. Just my guesses though.

As for the ill passenger, that happens on a daily basis.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Someone trying to smuggle Timbits out ??
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Canada doesn't have SWAT teams.
Black Dogs Matter
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

In Canada they are ERT. Not many have heard that so SWAT is often used.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”