Liberals charged under Elections Act

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liberals charged under Elections Act

Post by Rwede »

Watchdog lays charges against former Liberal financial agent

By Rachel Gilmore. Published on Dec 19, 2017 2:51pm

The commissioner of Canada Elections has laid two charges against a former Liberal financial agent.

Margot Doey-Vick, the former financial agent for the Scarborough-Agincourt Federal Liberal Association, has been charged with “failing to submit financial returns and submitting unsatisfactory returns for a deregistered Electoral District Association,” a press release said Tuesday morning.

Scarborough-Agincourt is the riding Jean Yip won in a recent byelection following the death of her husband, former Scarborough-Agincourt MP Arnold Chan.

A more detailed description of the allegations asserts that Doey-Vick, “on or about the 1st day of July, 2015,” failed to provide the Chief Electoral Officer with the Scarborough-Agincourt Federal Liberal Association’s financial transaction return. This return was required within six months of the Electoral District Association’s deregistration.

The second charge of “unsatisfactory returns,” was the result of Doey-Vick eventually providing the financial transaction return. When she provided the return, “it did not meet the requirements set out in the (Canada Elections) Act,” said Michelle Laliberté, the manager of Communications and Parliamentary Relations with the Office of the Commissioner of Canada Elections.

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/12/19/watchdo ... ial-agent/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Liberals charged under Elections Act

Post by Queen K »

Oh Rwede! You're the best at giving us mysteries. :D

Is this woman a mastermind criminal, fortunately stopped short in her embarkment on her crime spree?

Or is she sadly out of her depth and didn't know who to turn to for aid in filing financial statements?

Which one is it Rwede? Or is it a Liberal plot to overthrow democracy as we know it?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Illegal is illegal. Two charges there, four more against Trudeau today. The Liberals are worse than they've ever been, and they've been dreadfully crooked in the past. It just never seems to change with those guys.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GF, you're such a hardliner. And you're right about, "those guys." Same for the BCLP. I guess anything with the name "Liberal" in it, goes.

Sorry I missed the four charges for Trudeau. I'm positive you will eagerly point me in the right direction to read all about it. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Queen K wrote:Sorry I missed the four charges for Trudeau. I'm positive you will eagerly point me in the right direction to read all about it. :up:

Short memory? http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/c ... lict-rules

Count 'em. Four violations.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Illegal is illegal. Two charges there, four more against Trudeau today. The Liberals are worse than they've ever been, and they've been dreadfully crooked in the past. It just never seems to change with those guys.

But Trudope apologized, doesn’t that make everything okay?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
Queen K wrote:Sorry I missed the four charges for Trudeau. I'm positive you will eagerly point me in the right direction to read all about it. :up:

Short memory? http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/c ... lict-rules

Count 'em. Four violations.

I was at work all day and didn't see this till now. Nothing to do with a "short memory." :up:

Return to “Canada”