Idiot drivers in snow

Home of the traffic rant.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Idiot drivers in snow

Post by TreeGuy »

dodgerdodge wrote:
Exactly so where are people supposed to park if they have to keep the streets clear. It all sounds like a great idea coming from the council but has zero practicality in todays modern world.

Council would prefer we sell our cars and use the marvellous transit system.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TreeGuy wrote:Council would prefer we sell our cars and use the marvellous transit system.

I would rather do something less painful like clothes shopping with my Wife! :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:I would rather do something less painful like clothes shopping with my Wife! :biggrin:

I know, I have your photo.
Capture.JPG
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

There are a hell of a lot of braindead idiots on road today, 2 of biggest are tailgaters & those who believe other drivers must have ESP just use your damn signal lights already.

Biggest is the tailgaters.... really in icy conditions you're going to sit right on my rear bumper. You f :cuss: ing idiot.

:swear: :swear: :swear: I am usually a very patient person
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

To me there are two kinds of idiot drivers in the snow: the ones that go too fast for the conditions (Gord's tailgaters would fall under this category), and ones that go too slow. On today's drive back from Big White, me and a parade of other vehicles ran into the latter.

This isn't uncommon because many drivers aren't comfortable in those conditions and slow is better than them driving faster than they're capable. What made today's drive dangerously different however, is just how hairy it got behind a beige Subaru who drove at school zone speed and refused to make use of the dozens of pulloffs to let others by. This despite a row of vehicles behind him that by the time we reached Kelowna, was the length of a Prairie Wheat train.

To me overly slow drivers who refuse to let others by are just as much an idiot as the few aggressive ones that were passing 3 or 4 cars at a time trying to work thier way to the front. If both would learn some common courtesy, we'd all be alot better off.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Oh the weather outside’s delightful
And the fire inside’s too frightful
Whatever place you’ll go
Let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow!

Lots of fun to be had on the roads these days! So many interesting human specimens to observe, with their brainless acts of bravado or hesitation.
I am... the law!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

TreeGuy wrote:
From the city’s website:

“During the snow removal season, we work hard to create a safe city for residents and visitors. You can help the snow trucks clear the way more efficiently by moving your vehicles off the roads, especially in cul-de-sacs, before the snow falls. Please be patient as crews clear roads based on priority.”

I have done snow clearing for the City of West Kelowna contractor, cars parked on the streets don’t allow us to do a proper job. The cars also create a hazard for us making the job more difficult and slow us down. If there are too many cars on a road and it is unsafe then that road won’t get plowed. I’ve had it where there were cars on both sides of the street and there wasn’t enough space for the front blade to get through.

F37B7319-0FA1-493C-8045-2EA3534773EA.jpeg

Yes, I know - and unless all those parking spots on the side of the road in any given downtown core are all closed till the spring, you still park on the side of the road - which gives me an uneasy feeling this time of year ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Too slow of drivers really need to take into consideration all the vehicles behind them. They should probably stop at a wide spot or slow down to let other drivers pass when its safe to do so.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Reading about the accidents today, 3 things comes to mind.
1) lack of proper winter tires (all seasons are not winter tires)
2) not driving according to road conditions
3) trying to drive belong ones abilities
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thank-you to the black lifted ford 4x4 diesel with your show on how much of as :cuss: hole you are.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Out today for about 3 hours.............over the bridge to the Westside and back, Pandosy, Springfield Rd., 97 in town, Enterprise, Dilworth and Glenmore. And to my utter f%#@ing surprise I can honestly say I did not see one a%#hole driving like a f%#@ing idiot. Everybody was driving for the conditions. This has to be a record in my books but I do have to go to the Westside again in a few hours so that could change.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:Reading about the accidents today, 3 things comes to mind.

More come to my mind - but we've already got half a dozen threads going on this as is.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Out today for about 3 hours.............over the bridge to the Westside and back, Pandosy, Springfield Rd., 97 in town, Enterprise, Dilworth and Glenmore. And to my utter f%#@ing surprise I can honestly say I did not see one a%#hole driving like a f%#@ing idiot. Everybody was driving for the conditions. This has to be a record in my books but I do have to go to the Westside again in a few hours so that could change.

You missed the idiot in my pervious post, trying to show off how fast he can take off from a light as he fishtailed down Harvey (most likely p :cuss: off the driver next to him, since he came close to hitting).
He did not get anywhere fast either, since he hit every red light.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Reading about the accidents today, 3 things comes to mind.

Dizzy1 wrote:More come to my mind - but we've already got half a dozen threads going on this as is.

Oh yes, I'm one who does not write novels as posts. So my top 3 that came to mind when writing that post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What gets my goat are those that do the fishtails etc. and make it icy for the next travellers. I know that's been mentioned before but there is zero reason to gun it, spin tires and screw it up for all that follow.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”