Fentanyl charges not yet laid

motokelowna1
Übergod

Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Post by motokelowna1 »

How can this be. Oh officer yes it is my hands and house and car but please please please dont take it, its my living. What did you say I killed people with this stuff NOOOOO. Now can I have my cars back I am paying for them monthly and I need them to drive around the other products.

This is ridiculous CHARGE THEM the only thing the Law does is make the lawyer rich. system is broke.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Post by Fancy »

Justice Heinrichs granted the application to extend the time the RCMP could hold onto the seized evidence, due to the complexity of the case.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214513

Crown is probably making sure they have everything in order.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.
Black Dogs Matter
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dogspoiler wrote:It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.

The system needs to reduce and eliminate these technicalities so that criminals can't use them to get off.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Bsuds wrote:The system needs to reduce and eliminate these technicalities so that criminals can't use them to get off.

Like what? What technicalities are letting criminals get off?

I suspect that the reasons criminals "get off" is because of a rule put in place to protect us from injustices. Sure, it can benefit those the public deem guilty, without knowing enough about any given case.
Sometimes, it might be because the police make mistakes, or break the law, or whatever. I would rather see a criminal not serve time, than the courts and police imprison innocent people, or cheat to get a conviction. That's just me though. :)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this is what murderers look like people, safe bet people still want to be there friends in this loser town
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Maybe the charges are still being reviewed or the police are still investigating or proposing a plea deal (they spill the beans on someone bigger). I think its time to let the legal system do its role while we wait to see the outcome.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

the truth wrote:safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people

Wanna start a coallition of the willing. Serve up some cowboy justice. ? That day is coming.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
musicman

Post by musicman »

its called a criminal justice system- not a victim justice system-thats why criminals go free all the time ... :200:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'll go one step further and suggest it's a "legal system", not a judicial system. There would be justice served if we had a judicial system.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dogspoiler wrote:It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.

Until you have been there you are ill informed.

There are times where sloppy investigations cause a charge to be dismissed. There are other times where you wonder what was this Judge or Jury for that matter listening to.

The Police in some cases due to bad case law have their hands tied. In order to prevent bad case law, Crown Prosecutes want to be very confident the charges laid will present a conviction. You never know about this case until you are privileged to all of the evidence.

I can't count how many times my Prosecutor had cold feet. I used to tell him it is all there or the charge would not have been laid. In the end yes there was a conviction. Most Police officers with any experience are well aware of the elements required to prove a charge and some lawyer are unsure.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the truth wrote:safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people

the drugs these dipshets put on the streets killed their own friends.i have met these 2 through friends of friends of friends and there have been more than a few deaths due to OD in their circle in the last couple years.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

selling fentanyl should come with a life sentence

Return to “Central Okanagan”