Snowed In By Snowplow

monroe
Übergod

Re: Snowed In By Snowplow

Post by monroe »

TreeGuy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:I'm surprised more municipalities aren't implementing this to snow removal equipment. Pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvp6dZLRqiY

That is on a grader in rural setting. Running a tandem axle truck with a blade and sander is enough to operate. This also wouldn’t work in a high density neighbourhood.

That video might have been shot in a rural setting but those graders are used here on my street in stoon. I live here in Lakeview, a pretty typical neighbourhood. They stagger them 3 in a row. We live down a residential road that is also a bus route.

Those little wing blades the articulate up/down are a real convenience.
Last edited by monroe on Dec 21st, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Beware of the snow shoveling scam artists:
https://www.mthigh.org/Articles/Snow-Shoveling-Scam.pdf
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It was absolutely ignorant of the driver to deposit 4 feet of ice and snow at the end of a driveway and zero reason to have done it. Cities in other areas have a little bobcat to remove what can't be shovelled out.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

My mom sort of has the same issue, and lives 2 hours from here so I can't help her out all that often.
However she does something different, and actually hires someone to shovel her driveway. Believe it or not, it works and she can always get to and from her house easily.

alanjh595 wrote:Beware of the snow shoveling scam artists:
https://www.mthigh.org/Articles/Snow-Shoveling-Scam.pdf

When I was younger I may have visited my mom more often, if she hired those scam artists :-X
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:It was absolutely ignorant of the driver to deposit 4 feet of ice and snow at the end of a driveway and zero reason to have done it. Cities in other areas have a little bobcat to remove what can't be shovelled out.

We live on a Cul de sac and last year the city paid a contractor to come around a pile all the snow in the middle.

He did an awesome job.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

We prefer to do it ourselves rather than a plow coming in but we make it easy for the plow. Since our street is one of the last ones to be looked after we are used to it and I would never complain as long as the main highways are done. We all have good tires and big vehicles (some with blades).
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Fancy wrote:It was absolutely ignorant of the driver to deposit 4 feet of ice and snow at the end of a driveway and zero reason to have done it. Cities in other areas have a little bobcat to remove what can't be shovelled out.

I have been thinking about this and one question I have is where did all of the snow come from?

Did the truck have its front blade on and pushed that right into their driveway?

Or did it only have an underbody plow in use?

I am wondering if this person shovelled their driveway snow onto the road and then it ended up all back in their driveway?

Or did they have a car on the street the first time the plow came by and then the next time the car was gone and the plow grabbed that pile and it got spread across the driveway.

We didn't really get that much snow.

Unless they live at the end of a cul de sac I don't see how this is possible.

The other thing people should know is that not much can be done with just an underbody blade the snow only flows off of it in one direction.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've seen it happen once on a cul-de-sac - that's once too many when it doesn't happen any other year. At least it was during the day when a phone call works to get the snow removed by those who did it.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

TreeGuy wrote:I am wondering if this person shovelled their driveway snow onto the road and then it ended up all back in their driveway?

The other thing people should know is that not much can be done with just an underbody blade the snow only flows off of it in one direction.

A guy on our street that does this, shovels all the snow from his expansive driveway and
piles it on the street instead of the city right of way in front of his property.
Plow truck comes by, the big pile he put there comes off the blade to the easiest place
to expel, His driveway. [icon_lol2.gif]

He loses his mind at the world instead of seeing the error of his own way's.

I just watch, laugh, and wonder how this person made it to his early 60's and still be
so freakn' dumb.

Time and time again....for years...
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

My solution is simple.
I stay in of out of doors during plow season.
Or is it plough season?
Is one spelling Canadian and one British?
Howcum plough doesn't rhyme with rough?
Howcum plow doesn't rhyme with glow?
English is a really weird language.

Somebody bring me a 12 pack of Cardboardeaux. I'm a bit snowed in.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dirtybiker wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:I am wondering if this person shovelled their driveway snow onto the road and then it ended up all back in their driveway?

A guy on our street that does this, shovels all the snow from his expansive driveway and
piles it on the street instead of the city right of way in front of his property.
Plow truck comes by, the big pile he put there comes off the blade to the easiest place
to expel, His driveway. [icon_lol2.gif]

He loses his mind at the world instead of seeing the error of his own way's.

I just watch, laugh, and wonder how this person made it to his early 60's and still be
so freakn' dumb.

Time and time again....for years...

Post it up on youtube :up:
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Lol @ that.
There's a looney in kelowna who videos his neighbor shovelling snow and chastises the way they do it and puts it on youtube.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:Lol @ that.
There's a looney in kelowna who videos his neighbor shovelling snow and chastises the way they do it and puts it on youtube.

I saw that. Another crank/curtain twitching fruitcake.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bman wrote:My solution is simple.
I stay in of out of doors.

Yes, it is cold and dark in outer space.

I find it much warmer and more cozy staying inner space..
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

lightspeed wrote:Buy a snowblower.

I want to see a snowblower go through all those chunks, got one to try it with ?
Graunch and Grind..
Last edited by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown on Dec 22nd, 2017, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

Return to “Central Okanagan”