The warming is accelerating?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: The warming is accelerating?

Post by LTD »

maryjane48 wrote:https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/polar-bears-declining-in-health-numbers-in-beaufort-study-shows/article21621119/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

There are an estimated 25,000 bears left in the wild and most experts agree that unless climate change is halted, they will all be dead within the next 100 years.

So all you folks pushing to extract and sell oil this is on you and have fun explaining to your grandchildren why it was you would not listen

oh that's right I forgot you don't use oil or have anything that's made from oil typical comments from a hypocrite
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

LTD wrote:oh that's right I forgot you don't use oil or have anything that's made from oil typical comments from a hypocrite

Because that's an option in 2017? [icon_lol2.gif]
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:One 2015 study found that the polar bear population in the southern Beaufort Sea had declined 40% because of the loss of sea ice. A 2017 study by the US Geological Survey and the University of Wyoming concluded that bears are also spending more energy walking across a “treadmill” of drifting sea ice caused by warming, and needed to eat more to compensate. According to the Washington Post (paywall), researchers believe 80% of polar bear populations could die off if sea ice continues to disappear.

I wonder what kind of studies and "viral videos" we would have seen when the Mammoth's died out during the last glacial retreat?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Dizzy1 wrote:I wonder what kind of studies and "viral videos" we would have seen when the Mammoth's died out during the last glacial retreat?

You not watch the "Ice Age" series of documentaries, truly fascinating, they even throw
some humour in to keep the wee ones entertained.

Many big name Hollywood types took part, Ray Romano to name one.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Glacier wrote:

Even though "they lie" - about the climate - about everything - they ARE creating climate change - they can predict the climate because they have been and will be continuing to create it.

I do not disagree with you that the reports are bogus and illogical - but this is all because of the grand lie, that climate change is naturally occurring and the situation has nothing whatsoever to do with weather being used as a weapon, which it is. by their own hands.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Every time I go to post, the goalposts move. [icon_lol2.gif]
Your bias suits you.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Here's the data that tripped the computer. Since October 1st there's been 69 days warmer than the 1981-2010 normal and only 5 days at or below normal!

ak.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... voFDZQKJHc and http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/Report-Card/Report-Card-2017 paint a pretty grim picture of what's potentially to come.

The arctic situation is most interesting to me. The committed sea level rise we will see due to current CO2 levels (in our atmosphere) will be in excess of 1 meter.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:http://grist.org/article/let-it-go-the-arctic-will-never-be-frozen-again/

Past the point of no return

- Douglas Murray
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

maryjane48 wrote:http://grist.org/article/let-it-go-the-arctic-will-never-be-frozen-again/

Past the point of no return

We are not past the point of no return and I have personally watched interviews with NOAA researchers stating exactly this.
That title is incredibly sensationalised and I would recommend getting your information directly from the NOAA.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”