Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
lightspeed
Guru

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by lightspeed »

Always Sunny wrote:Today I drove back from Williams Lake. Lots and lots of snow, blowing snow, but more solid than the drive up Tuesday so that was nice.

I’m headed east from Cache Creek into Savona. If anyone is familiar with this area there’s a single lane headed downhill into Savona and two headed west on the uphill.

As I’m coming down, not one, but two semis are both stuck in the snow side-by-side headed up hill. No way for westbound traffic to get around without having to come into the opposing lane to get around. But that’s not the worst part...

So I’m coming down hill, I’m slowing a lot because the roads are a mess. Thank god there’s no one behind me for quite some time. When I see that these two are blocking both lanes and both drivers are out inspecting their trucks trying to figure out what to do, I slow to about 40km/h.

Well thank god! Because as I’m about 40’ from the trucks, the driver of the truck closest to me steps back into the middle of my lane to get a better view of his rig. Are you @*-=#&@ing kidding me?!?

Buddy got an earful of my horn and the finger.

What a cretin.

Peeps driving around last night with no tail lights on. Duh...
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Peeps driving (usually expensive) small sports cars with skinny three season tires....

Skidding to a stop. Slip sliding down hills.

Goofs. Winterize and store that beautiful little car.

TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

I do own a sport car with all seasons on it. Parked for about a week in November when we had that first dump of snow, then it got nice for the rest of November and i drove it till we got this dump of snow. Now i'm parking her till the snow clears.

I have driven this car in the snow with all seasons and it isn't that bad i have to be mindful it's rwd, posi with no electronic garbage to keep me "safe". Wish i could drive to a big open parking lot and have some fun in the car :D Sadly the roads are still a mess.

The biggest issue is too many people think because they have winter tires they can stop and start on a dime, nope not true at all, slow down and drive according to the weather conditions.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

this was posted on twitter....what an idiot!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A big thanks to the idiots who just abandon their shopping carts anywhere in the parking lots because they are too lazy to return them!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

To the idiot in the silver van. You were going way too fast, the light was red and somebody crossing i noticed in my mirror the yellow taxi behind slowed right up and left lots room (thank goodness) as you just barrelled towards us suddenly braking too late and slamming into the rear of the taxi.
Idiot in silver Mercedes SUV going uphill on Lakeshore Rd,it is slippery, snowing and i was travelling at 55 (speed limit is 50) and you overtook me at some crazy speed, just why????
Idiot in white lifted Dodge truck heading down Harvey in HOV lane you went past so fast i was amazed you managed to actually stop at the RED Ellis St lights. Of course it took some doing and lots of twitching and sliding..............Idiot!!!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Red half ton pickup tonight.

You got the four ways put on and the finger because...........

Every time you rolled up behind me at numerous red lights, you braked late and stopped about 18" from my bumper.

Yes, you mad bro. You mad because I slowed down early coming to a stale red light but kept moving so it kind of forced you to keep a bit more distance. You went tearing off. Angry, bro! Cutting up cars left and right. And I still pulled up behind you at the roundabout. Where you wheelspun on the icy roads.

Idiot. Clown. Cretin. Pick one. Any one.

damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Today, in the parking lot of Save On Foods in Lake Country. I stopped behind a car that had stopped to allow another car pull out of a parking spot, so the car ahead of me could pull into. Well, when I went to accelerate, of course it was a bit slippery on the knoll. Well, I put the car down into 1st to pull her up. I get going and then , to allow a pedestrian to cross in front of me, coming out of SOF. This idiot pulled up to pass me to the left, and when I motioned for him, "Like, what are you doing???" I couldn't hear what he was saying, but I am sure it wasn't nice. I motioned that the pedestrian had crossed, and he gave me the finger, I'm sure. You, SIR, need to take a chill pill and relax. The parking lot was poorly plowed and parking spots were few. As for what you said??? Hey, I was being cautious. I hope you had a great evening, even if you were being an IDIOT. :130:
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This morning while meeting friends at the A&W at Hwy 97 and Spall rd an Ambulance was coming up the Hwy heading North.

Not 1 car traveling South pulled over and all went through the intersection!

You are all Idiots! What if it needed to turn at Spall?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

To all the people who pulled out in front of us today without having enough room to do it safely...yer all idiots

To the one who pulled out onto the Hwy and then turned into a parking lot immediately and forced me to slam on my brakes yer a double idiot!

One more rant is at the 2 plus sized women walking down the middle of the lane in the Save On parking lot and refusing to move over, yer both idiots as well!

Can you tell I had a good day? :-X
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

To all the drivers on the highways at night that might think their headlights suck... Perhaps don't rely on your daytime drivers and actually turn on your headlights!!!! Believe it or not they are a lot brighter, plus have the added benefit of being paired with your tale lights so everyone else can now see you too.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Jhunter199 wrote:To all the drivers on the highways at night that might think their headlights suck... Perhaps don't rely on your daytime drivers and actually turn on your headlights!!!! Believe it or not they are a lot brighter, plus have the added benefit of being paired with your tale lights so everyone else can now see you too.

.... Perhaps don't rely on spell check as a susbstitute for composing a message and actually turn on your brain!!!! Believe it or not, they are a lot brighter.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

johnny24 wrote:
Jhunter199 wrote:To all the drivers on the highways at night that might think their headlights suck... Perhaps don't rely on your daytime drivers and actually turn on your headlights!!!! Believe it or not they are a lot brighter, plus have the added benefit of being paired with your tale lights so everyone else can now see you too.

.... Perhaps don't rely on spell check as a susbstitute for composing a message and actually turn on your brain!!!! Believe it or not, they are a lot brighter.

by susbstitute do you mean substitute? :130:
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Last night, some Jeep guy skidded out on McCulloch Road. He was going far too fast around a blind tight corner near the pub. Congratulations on blocking the road, via being sideways, in the dark.
I am... the law!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”