Non-State border patrols near Osoyoos?

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Non-State border patrols near Osoyoos?

Post by JLives »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Borders used to provide us with a sense of belonging and a great deal of security. Then came trudeau obama and soros

I'm sure the natives felt really secure when we murdered them and tried to force them to assimilitate. We're animals. We migrate. Life isn't secure or safe. Your tinfoil hat is showing.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Hermes
Fledgling

Post by Hermes »

JLives wrote:Borders are artificial and archaic. They will become obsolete at some point in the future. Space exploration shows us that. People should be free to adapt and make a life for their family whereever they can.

I tend to agree with you. Maybe and only maybe *if* the state isn't involved in social programs. But it is. And even if it isn't, I think it is unrealistic to think that there are not ethnic and national, cultural and other differences between groups of peoples. After spending considerable time working and living in Japan, Vietnam, Thailand and China - well, let me tell you - they openly say we are fools.

In my opinion we need reciprocity as national policy, both for immigration or buying real estate. I used to believe in the free market. But it is fiction. Why support a fantasy?
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

JLives wrote: ...Space exploration shows us that...

Clearly, by now, no one with an ounce of awareness and honesty can still deny that letting delusional space cadets anywhere near positions of authority creates such a mess.

...but they love it.

the fools
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JLives wrote:I'm sure the natives felt really secure when we murdered them and tried to force them to assimilitate. We're animals. We migrate. Life isn't secure or safe. Your tinfoil hat is showing.

Times have changed. Back then, migrating involved exploring and conquering - today it involves paperwork and due process by applying for immigration status before we cross a border.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

JLives wrote:Borders are artificial and archaic. They will become obsolete at some point in the future. Space exploration shows us that. People should be free to adapt and make a life for their family whereever they can.

Borders aren't going anywhere.

People are already "free to adapt and make a life for their family wherever they can" so long as they do it legally - that includes immigration.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

JLives wrote:
We're animals. We migrate. Life isn't secure or safe. Your tinfoil hat is showing.

Ya sure, let's just throw the borders open and allow unmitigated movement either way. You are the one wearing the tinfoil hat.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Laurane

Post by Laurane »

For those who don't like borders, fences, walls......

Can we park in your yard for the summer - oh, you don't want anyone on your property who is not invited?

Tough.......

Same goes for a country.

Return to “South Okanagan”